Live from the Golden 10-15-14

atdahop

Just a few quick notes:

The a/c has been repaired and is working great.

The wait time for Anytime Dining has been between 1/2 hour and 45 minutes if you arrive around 7:00

The ship is really cold so ladies bring a sweater

The dress in the Anytime Dining has really been VERY casual and I mean people are wearing shorts and flip flops. I was very surprised but I do believe that everyone should dress to please themselves

If you have any questions I will check back later.

Carole

Just a few quick notes:

The a/c has been repaired and is working great.

The wait time for Anytime Dining has been between 1/2 hour and 45 minutes if you arrive around 7:00

The ship is really cold so ladies bring a sweater

The dress in the Anytime Dining has really been VERY casual and I mean people are wearing shorts and flip flops. I was very surprised but I do believe that everyone should dress to please themselves

If you have any questions I will check back later.

Carole

What was on the menu the first night? Shows times

Thanks

Looking forward to reading more from you. I'm happy to hear it is cool on the ship. I hate being too warm. How many days is your cruise? I'm hoping someone on the 3 day cruises will post the menus. I want to do the Crown Grill one night on my 3 day and would like to check at the menus beforehand to see what is offered.

First night menu featured Prime Rib.

Crab Shack is available.

You can carry on water and juice.

It was warm enough to lay out.

I have all the menus and I will post them when I get home.

Also the Patters

Lunch was only served in the main dining room on the sea day.

Great Tuna paninis in the International Cafe, also don't miss the shrimp salad which is not offered every day.

I am not sure that they had any new chocolate offerings since I am an ice cream addict so I did not look beyond that on the menu

Sorry, my error there was lunch in the dining room from 12-1:30...on embarkation day. No salmon..london broil, cuban sandwich,

Thanks,for,the update can you let me know what deck /dining room

We want to eat lunch there on embarkation day nicer we think

I will be cruising on Oct.27th until Nov. 6th. I am cruising "Back to back & one more Back. lol.

Carole, does the ship has a good chef? How is the Duck item? If the chef is a good chef then the duck will be great. Lucy

Sorry, my error there was lunch in the dining room from 12-1:30...on embarkation day. No salmon..london broil, cuban sandwich,

We will be on a couple of weeks which dinning room?

Thanks for posting.

How are the mattresses? Are the new pillow top mattresses in the rooms? How hard or firm are the beds?

We'll be on the Golden in January and I was wondering if I'll need to order a foam topper.

Whew! Thanks for the correction about lunch in the dining room at embarkation...I hate buffets...opening the MDR for embarkation day lunch is one of my favorite things about Princess...

So, my typical 6:00 pm pre-dinner drinks, then anytime 7:00 pm dinner is out the window...I wonder how early I have to show up for dinner not to have to wait?

I'd love to wear my shorts to dinner...BUT, when the official rules say "no", I just won't do it...I'm not stretching the rules...

I just got off the Golden today. The beds were very good, one of the most comfortable I had. David Cole was the CD, charming as always. They did offer the Pub Lunch on the one sea day, but I never found out if Crab Shack happened.

We will be on a couple of weeks which dinning room?

Donatello, deck 6

Do they have any of the new chocolate offerings?

One dessert in the MDR was "Chocolate Journey," sort of little cake thing made to look like a Viking ship. It was very small.