Frette towels gone?

hcat

The towels, sheets, and robes in AQ were "nice", but they were not Frette, which was the original question, not whether they were ratty/thin/rough, but if they were specifically "Frette". They were not Frette in our cabin, but we were fine with them.

I've actually NEVER had anything Frette except robes in Concierge Class on X.

Do they have Frette sheets and towels in the suites?

I agree. We have always had Frette robes but have never seen Frette towels. We did have the extra large lovely plush towels though.

Edited by Christine Frances

When we sailed in a sky suite on the silhouette last December we had a bath towel that was so frayed we laughed that this was in a suite then twice that trip we had the COLD towels used outside as our wash cloths.

We had sailed only five weeks prior, same ship, similar cabin and never had that happen. We travel again soon. i'm curious about the state of our towels while we enjoy the new suite dining!!

On our recent Celebrity Reflection cruise, the towels were 100% cotton from Egypt. I don't remember the brand but I always check the country. They were real soft and of top quality. They were similar to past cruises.

We got the nicer Towels on Reflection AQ in Nov 2015 when we asked for them...also nicer canapes.

In Jan on Connie.AQ we had horrible Egyptian towels...coarse and scratchy but not ripped or stained like ones on another trip. We would never consider that quality towel at home...unless they are actually good towels being laundered poorly.

No it did not ruin the cruise but just another nice touch that has been removed....apparently.

We sailed on the Eclipse in in AQ in Nov 2014.

My wife noticed immediately that the towels were not as nice as previous and the towels that we had were not only different they were smaller, worn out, and some with holes.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We got the nicer Towels on Reflection AQ in Nov 2015 when we asked for them...also nicer canapes.

In Jan on Connie.AQ we had horrible Egyptian towels...coarse and scratchy but not ripped or stained like ones on another trip. We would never consider that quality towel at home...unless they are actually good towels being laundered poorly.

No it did not ruin the cruise but just another nice touch that has been removed....apparently.

Was the Nov 2015 Cruise through a time traveling excursion? How were the canapes this coming November? Did they have any news on the new builds? Any more cutbacks between now and then? :D

Seriously, I just couldn't resists, so I apologize for my bad behavior.

Happy sailing, whether this past November, or this future one

Jenna

We have plenty of Frayed Towels at home. How else do you think that we can afford to sail in suites?

No excuse for that. Sailing in suites doesn't the butler pack a few of those towels to replace those at home? :confused: :rolleyes:

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I don't know one towel brand from another, but on our Connie sailing earlier this week in AQ the towels looked brand new, and they were large, soft and fluffy. The robe was that big, thick heavy robe - also in great shape. I certainly can't imagine that having one brand on it rather than another would have made it feel any better but that's just me.

I also personally prefer the thinner towels as I practically rip my hair out tying the darn heavy towels up on my head:eek:. But they are luscious for drying off your body.

We usually sail AQ or CC, and have seen towels from the nice ones we just had to some fairly worn down versions. I think it can vary ship to ship and date to date. But overall I have not seen a general change in quality (but can't speak to brand)

I also personally prefer the thinner towels as I practically rip my hair out tying the darn heavy towels up on my head:eek:. But they are luscious for drying off your body.

When I had long hair, I always thought that Celebrity's towel buyer must have been a man. The hand towels were always too small to wrap my hair in and wear whilst I finished my toilette [especially as they were so thick] and the bath towels far, far too big and heavy.

[i know, another first world problem but someone did ask about towels ...]