beach towels

Tip: Go to the pool area in the late afternoon (or anytime really) the day before your excursion and get however many you will need for the excursion the next day. Take them off the ship without showing a sea pass or waiting in line. Learned that the hard way after they ran out of towels in labadee and the line was 150 people deep. We went without towels that day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is a good idea.:)

I disagree. It is a much better idea IMO to just use the cruise towels and when you are walking on the pier back to the ship, you can turn them back in before you ever board. Then pick up some fresh clean ones up by the pool. Otherwise, you have sandy, salty towels in your cabin, which will remain that way unless you wash them.

Do they still use your sign and sail card number when you get pool towels? It's been since 2009 since my last rccl cruise. Celebrity just leaves out towel bins.

I just returned from the Allure on October 12. If you get towels by the pool, they do not use your card. if it is a port day, they make you swipe your card to take a towel, unless it is mid day (or even mid morning) and you never got off the ship and you clearly are wearing a bathing suit.

One year ago on the Allure, they made me swipe my card every time, whether I was by the pool or taking the towels off the ship.

Cliffs: If you are taking the towel off the ship, they make you swipe your card.

Edited by snorkelman

Thank you for the tip. We had cruised RCI about 5 years ago and I couldn't remember. I would like to take our own but with flying it is just more weight and stuff.

I agree we already have to bring three large suitcases as it is for a 7 day cruise lol

Tip: Go to the pool area in the late afternoon (or anytime really) the day before your excursion and get however many you will need for the excursion the next day. Take them off the ship without showing a sea pass or waiting in line. Learned that the hard way after they ran out of towels in labadee and the line was 150 people deep. We went without towels that day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree, on our last sailing they were making you swipe cards if you picked up a towel as leaving the ship. We got clean dry ones at the end of the prior day and had them in our bag. Nobody stopped us and we did not have to swipe. They were clearly visible in the bag.

Of course, everyone please bring the towels back onboard if you do this. The reason they are making people stand in line and swipe the cards is to make sure they get back to the ship. If you leave them in port we may loose the ability to take them off!!!

I just returned from the Allure on October 12. If you get towels by the pool, they do not use your card. if it is a port day, they make you swipe your card to take a towel, unless it is mid day (or even mid morning) and you never got off the ship and you clearly are wearing a bathing suit.

One year ago on the Allure, they made me swipe my card every time, whether I was by the pool or taking the towels off the ship.

Cliffs: If you are taking the towel off the ship, they make you swipe your card .

See above, not if you get them the day before.

As to which ships do what it is a currently a crap shoot. It seems they each have their own "system".

Edited by akcruz

Each evening when we leave the pool deck, we exchange old towels for fresh ones. If the next day happens to be a port day, we just put those on our beach bags and go ashore - not having to stand in line to check out towels at the dock - priceless:)