Tip for beer drinkers

jb456

Perhaps Princess should create a new position that specializes in procurring craft beers from around the country. Is there such a thing as a brew sommelier?

Now, where should I send my resume'?

Joel

There may be a demand as they have quite a few ships that would each need a 'beermellier' .:p

• 2 weeks later...
So maybe something new? Cause they were on our platters. Here is a pic of one (look at 3pm). The whole trip every time you bought drinks at happy hour you would get a ticket for a raffle.

http://postimg.org/image/ecdds47up/

There was happy hours all day at different bars last one was skywalkers lounge from 11 to midnight

Nice to know. So could you buy one bucket and get one free, or 1 drink at a time?

I am wondering the same thing, can I buy one bucket, get one bucket. Hopefully someone will know.

No you can't buy a bucket and get one free - You have to buy each beer at it's normal price. The Budweiser 16oz cans were $6.61 with gratuity.

Still worth the savings though by going through happy hour. 2 buckets 10 beers would be $52.90. Buy 5 beers at happy hour get 5 free for $33.05 so $19.85 in savings.

No you can't buy a bucket and get one free - You have to buy each beer at it's normal price. The Budweiser 16oz cans were $6.61 with gratuity.

Still worth the savings though by going through happy hour. 2 buckets 10 beers would be $52.90. Buy 5 beers at happy hour get 5 free for $33.05 so $19.85 in savings.

That is a good deal. Thanks!

yeah, but I can't drink 10 beers in 1 hour. I was wanting to take some back to the room. Could I buy 2, dh buy 2 then a few minutes later each get 2 more?

Edited by ready2cruzagain

yeah, but I can't drink 10 beers in 1 hour. I was wanting to take some back to the room. Could I buy 2, dh buy 2 then a few minutes later each get 2 more?

You don't have to drink them in an hour....... They ask you how many you want open. Just open one.

The others you can bring anywhere on the ship with you or room and open when you want. We already had buckets so we just filled our buckets up and left back to the pool decks. Seen others have a beach bag, they filled it up, I presume dropped some off at the room then continued back to the pools.

If you want to just buy 2 each which would give you 8 total, walk to your room drop them off then go back to happy hour you can do that as well. I'd probably want to try and get there right at happy hour or a bit before as the line does get long to order drinks.

Edited by jb456

Same reason I was asking. We like to keep a few cold in the room. A collapsible cooler works great for this. Those refrigerators just don't keep drinks cold enough. Our cabin steward has always kept our cooler full of ice without us even asking.

I'm looking forward to the Seawitch IPA, I hope it's on the Coral the end of January! I do wish they canned it rather than bottled it, better for the brew, get's cold faster...

The good thing is that many microbrews are being canned, which makes it easier to put them in the suitcase. I've had a 22 of IPA crack in mine once, doing laundry on the 1st day. LOL

Just off Royal Princess this morning. The BOGO happy hour was from 3-4 pm in Crooners and 11 pm - midnight in Club 6.

They had no problem with beers unopened as Buy 1, Get 1, but no BOGO on buckets of beer (I asked out of curiosity as I don't drink beer).

There was also no problem with buying splits of Korbel and taking them unopened at BOGO.

Just off Royal Princess this morning. The BOGO happy hour was from 3-4 pm in Crooners and 11 pm - midnight in Club 6.

They had no problem with beers unopened as Buy 1, Get 1, but no BOGO on buckets of beer (I asked out of curiosity as I don't drink beer).

There was also no problem with buying splits of Korbel and taking them unopened at BOGO.

Great to know. We are on Ruby in 5 weeks and I was just going to do buckets. Still will when we get on the ship, but then will hit the BOGO places and stock up for the rest of the week. Will also do the BOGO for the splits of Korbel. How much was a split? I though when we were on her in Jan someone told us they paid $8 for a split. I plan to take one bottle of champagne with me, but would be nice get a couple splits on an BOGO also.

Only one bar open for happy hour ...on the large Royal....for just one hour on a Carib itinerary guarantees a long wait line. :rolleyes: Am I wrong?

We just did the 11 day repo and yes, Crooners only. It was very busy but they had extra staff working the BOGO and the wait was not long at all. :)

Can someone put me right on the AI drinks package regarding wine in the restaurants,,as I understand it wine by the bottle is chargeable to my a/c but by the glass its included in the AI,. We are on the Royal all of Dec and I.. would like to put this one to bed before we get onboard

I too was just off the Royal this week and discovered the BOGO offer, sadly after purchasing several buckets. I saw many people walking away from Crooners with a six pack container filled with unopened beers, and a smile on their face.:) I only personally went to Crooners once for this is offer, it was crowded even on a port day. But worth it. Word of insight, it seems that at Crooners on this ship, the norm is to serve martinis on the rocks.. this happened to me both times I ordered a martini there (once at the happy hour and once at night)

Janetz... missed meeting you aboard. Curious if you did the thermal suite?

Dana

We have the drink package on our upcoming Emerald cruise.

Since our drinks are prepaid, I wonder if we can join in the Happy Hour fun i.e get the raffle tickets, partake in the excitement, unopened beers, etc.

Edited by figmentdj

Can someone put me right on the AI drinks package regarding wine in the restaurants,,as I understand it wine by the bottle is chargeable to my a/c but by the glass its included in the AI,. We are on the Royal all of Dec and I.. would like to put this one to bed before we get onboard

That is correct. You can enjoy any glass of wine $10 or less with the AI package. If you want a bottle, you get a 40% discount on bottles less than $100 with the AI package.

I too was just off the Royal this week and discovered the BOGO offer, sadly after purchasing several buckets. I saw many people walking away from Crooners with a six pack container filled with unopened beers, and a smile on their face.:) I only personally went to Crooners once for this is offer, it was crowded even on a port day. But worth it. Word of insight, it seems that at Crooners on this ship, the norm is to serve martinis on the rocks.. this happened to me both times I ordered a martini there (once at the happy hour and once at night)

Janetz... missed meeting you aboard. Curious if you did the thermal suite?

Dana

Dana, I have to say I had my "first" on the rocks and really liked them that way. We did miss the M&G..:o

I do think I saw you. Were you dressed as a princess at Halloween? Also was it you sitting with Roland at the beach in Antigua?

Yes, we did the Enclave and it was great. I don't think I would do it unless I had many sea days. :)