Children Seapass Card

We will be on board the Mariner OTS with our grandchildren ages 2, 4 and 6 (their first cruise).

Do they have to carry a seapass card like we do? If so, how best to make them carry it without losing it?

Shall we make it void so they will not make unnecessary charges?

Thank you for advise.

Sent via TapaTalk. Sorry for typo.

Mine are 6 and 4, and I just hold onto the cards for them. They can't even keep track of their shoes...so I do not trust them with room keys yet :)

We do have to play "who gets to open the room door this time" a lot though.

As stated above, the older one can get a free lanyard from the kids club and have guest services punch a hole in the card. However, in my experience, they don't like to give kids younger than 4 the lanyard...they try to give them a little stuffed octopus.

Yes the kids do get a card. I remember my kids had a lanyard from Adventure Ocean. My youngest was 7. She had the drink package and needed the card. She would show it at Cafe Promenade and they gave her plastic cup with drinks. Now some ships have the coke machines with the special cup. She never carried that around or it would have been lost. She had no problem wearing the lanyard. We made sure the kids cards were not activated to our onboard account.

Barb

You can limit or even eliminate charges on the card but I can't imagine a situation where kids that age would be left alone to make purchases.

You will need their cards to leave the ship but other than that they should need them. Just keep them with yours.

Cards are only needed to get on and off the ship. Kids have a wristband to identify the muster station. Cards can only be used to charge purchases, if the main person in the room gives permission. This is usually done at the online check-in. If you buy them a soda package, they will need it to show. At the age you are talking, it would be unlikely.