Flight cancellation - what to do about transfer?!

tulips*n*truffles

I know I know, don't fly in the same day you cruise. But we are and our flight was cancelled and we've been rebooked...twice in 3 hours. Princess offices are closed so I can't ask them directly...what do I do about our transfer?! Flight was supposed to get in at 11am...now 3pm with a 4pm ship departure, if memory serves. Anyone?! :( Sad day!!

Normally - At baggage claim, there will be someone with a Princess sign and a name tag. They will be holding a clipboard.

Are you flying into LA? If so, call Princess from the airport when you can! I hope you can make it to the ship. Make sure Princess knows you will be late. Not sure if they can deal with it but if there are a lot of people late, they are more likely to possibly hold the ship.

Can you call the airline and ask them to put you on a different airline as you must be on the ship 30 minutes before the ship leaves. If not, get to the airport early and ask them to put you on a different airline so you can get in earlier. The other option is to see if you can book a last minute flight on Southwest Airlines and get to FLL. Sometimes their last minute air is reasonable.

There should be a phone number you can call if you are traveling the day of - I will try to find it.

Edited by Coral

We're presently sitting on a plane on a runway waiting for fog to lift. :( Yes flying into LAX. I'll call Princess as soon as we land. If we can take off in the next 20 minutes we have a prayer of making the connection, but it doesn't look promising. Lesson learned I suppose?! Unfortunate way to learn it tho. Might have a nice afternoon drive to Dana Point for a weekend not at sea...such a bummer of a morning!

Call this number:

If you encounter unforeseen flight or weather-related delays on sailing day, we suggest you immediately advise an airline representative at the airport that you are a cruise passenger destined for sailing that day. Typically, airlines are able to arrange alternative flights at the airline counter for passengers to continue with their travel to the point of embarkation. It is the airline’s responsibility to make alternate flight arrangements resulting from a delay or cancellation.

Upon learning your new flight arrangements, we ask that you immediately contact Princess with your new flight information for our records. You may call us toll-free at 800-545-0008. This special number is operational only in the United States and Canada.

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/in_touch.jsp

If you do not get thru before you take off, it might be worth the cost of a call while in flight to be sure Princess is aware of your problems.

Good Luck!!

A number of recent posts have complained that the Golden has been late leaving LA several times recently. Hope today is another one. SO don't give up hope.

If you do not get thru before you take off, it might be worth the cost of a call while in flight to be sure Princess is aware of your problems.

Good Luck!!

A number of recent posts have complained that the Golden has been late leaving LA several times recently. Hope today is another one. SO don't give up hope.

I agree :)

Thanks for all the well-wishes. A sad sad Iowa day...no cruise for us!! Cancelled flight, delay to cancel, and another delay. No way we can make the connection, even if the ship left 3 hours late we would miss it. Ugh how I needed this mini-break! Live and learn, you know?! We did get our FCCs back, just not the cruise cost (another hard lesson...so many today!), and Princess customer service was very kind. Hope someone gets a great balcony upgrade today in our absence!! Have a great trip, Golden! :')

Lessons all around!! We've never declined insurance and always flown in a day or more ahead...this time it just worked out this way and we thought "it's OCTOBER, what could go wrong?!" :-) New cruising attitude...plan for Plan B every time!! Just a bad day, not a bad life! Will look forward to the next one and hope my mistake helps someone else! Dangit tho!!!

Lessons all around!! We've never declined insurance and always flown in a day or more ahead...this time it just worked out this way and we thought "it's OCTOBER, what could go wrong?!" :-) New cruising attitude...plan for Plan B every time!! Just a bad day, not a bad life! Will look forward to the next one and hope my mistake helps someone else! Dangit tho!!!

what a fantastic attitude...kudoos