No assigned cabin yet. When to worry?

CaliforniaAC

Our trip is 10 days to the Southern Caribbean. They wanted an additional $1099 pp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess they gave me a "free" extra day with my offer!

Thanks for the reply information.

DaveOKC

Just curious, for all those who got their cabin assignment 3 days or less before sailing,

Were you happy with the assignment?

Were you assigned the same cat that you bought, or a higher cat? An example would be from an F cat to a D cat?

What is your experience with this???

I'm sure Smokesmom is curious too, as we are on the same curise:)

Just curious, for all those who got their cabin assignment 3 days or less before sailing,

Were you assigned the same cat that you bought, or a higher cat? An example would be from an F cat to a D cat?

In our case (1.5 days from sailing date) we were very happy. We had booked an inside cabin for the first time and were assigned a very well located outside cabin. :)

On that cruise I went form an inside to an outside.

I know just how you feel. I am just obsessing over it. Checking my reservations 2 or 3 times during the day. Just crazy. I think embarkation is stressful enough so I hope I don't have to add getting a room assignment at the pier to the mix.

You think you are "obsessing" becasue you are checking 2 or 3 times a day!!??

Try 8 times a day and then you can say that !!!!!!

We book only guarentees.

A lot of HAL cruises and we have never been assigned the category we booked. Only once we weren't too happy with the cabin which was under the kitchen AND besides the stacks coming up from the engine room.

The ones where we were assigned really late were all good, probalbe better than normal.

God luck on your assignment!

You think you are "obsessing" becasue you are checking 2 or 3 times a day!!??

Try 8 times a day and then you can say that !!!!!!

I wear out the hal website looking for mine. I'd be in the same boat waiting for an assignment but I took an upsell. The wait is over for me thankfully.

I wear out the hal website looking for mine. I'd be in the same boat waiting for an assignment but I took an upsell. The wait is over for me thankfully.

Congrats on the upsell!

When we did the last one upsell, we had to pick a cabin.

If we had wanted another guarentee, we would have had to take a category way down the list, instead of the top one. So, there was no surprise!

Congrats on the upsell!

When we did the last one upsell, we had to pick a cabin.

If we had wanted another guarentee, we would have had to take a category way down the list, instead of the top one. So, there was no surprise!

Whenever I've done an upsell I've always got to pick the cabin so it's nice that way.

Unbelievable as it may seem, we would prefer to upsell to a guarentee. Just don't like picking cabins.

Enjoy your upsell and have a great time on the N. Amsterdam!

I like taking a guarantee for the original choice but when I pay extra I like to pick. That said I always pick my cabin on princess. I've gotten too many stinkers for assignments. Thx for the nice wishes for my cruise:).

Before I remarried I cruised solo and either booked last minute - within a few days of sailing when prices dropped, or (two times) booked an inside guarantee when I wanted to book in advance. Both times I was upgraded to an outside, but only found out when I reached the terminal, and got my cabin numbers from the stevedores who who took my bag.

Still homeless:).

Called Hal today to arrange laundry and pressing, so they know I 'm on my way, and they were surprised I had not gotten my cabin assignment either.

Didn't ask about the room, because that was not what I was calling about.

More tomorrow:)

AC

Still homeless:).

Called Hal today to arrange laundry and pressing, so they know I 'm on my way, and they were surprised I had not gotten my cabin assignment either.

Didn't ask about the room, because that was not what I was calling about.

More tomorrow:)

AC

Prayers that you will get a nice surprise.