No assigned cabin yet. When to worry?

CaliforniaAC

Still homeless:).

Called Hal today to arrange laundry and pressing, so they know I 'm on my way, and they were surprised I had not gotten my cabin assignment either.

Didn't ask about the room, because that was not what I was calling about.

More tomorrow:)

AC

It will be soon, hang in there! :D

No home for us yet . I do have high hopes for an assignment in the next 5 days, or maybe if really lucky, before Nov. 3.

Mike

I've been watching this thread too and when it "bumped" up on the boards, I too was hopeful that you had heard something.

Just wanted to mention that I had read elsewhere that if you go to the point of starting to print your luggage tags, that your cabin number may show up there before it shows in the main docs. (24 hrs?) I have no personal experience with this but wanted to pass along something I had read...

Here's hoping for a great Cabin assignment and Wonderful Cruise!!!

I've been watching this thread too and when it "bumped" up on the boards, I too was hopeful that you had heard something.

Just wanted to mention that I had read elsewhere that if you go to the point of starting to print your luggage tags, that your cabin number may show up there before it shows in the main docs. (24 hrs?) I have no personal experience with this but wanted to pass along something I had read...

Here's hoping for a great Cabin assignment and Wonderful Cruise!!!

Yes, it's true. I mentioned the luggage tag thing earlier in this thread. I think they must be getting the penthouse ready for all of you.

Thank you everyone for all your kind wishes and thoughts! I was surprised at all your thoughtfulness! :)

Since last posting, I did call HAL, but I did not say a word about the cabin.

I wanted to go ahead and order Laundry and Pressing before I boarded. The Rep from HAL was surprised that I didn't have my assignment yet.

Friday is Halloween. Perhaps the person there is waiting for "Trick or Treat". :D

Mike, have you heard anything?

AC

I was hoping that you had gotten your cabin assignment by now.

(Sigh), I was hoping the same thing!

Interestingly, our Bible Study Tuesday night was on worry. Both New and Old Testament are filled with verses about not worrying... But I don't think this was what He had in mind :rolleyes:

Enjoy your day!

AC

Sailing on Eurodam 30 Nov. I better be patient, very patient....

We are sailing with you!!! Will be VERY curious when you are assigned a cabin and if you get any upgrades! *crossing fingers* Last time I looked, there were a lot of Suites available!!!! So maybe.... :rolleyes:

Got our assignment this morning. Cabin 6079, still an inside but an upgrade from a MM guarantee to top inside I. We are happy. Can now print out bag tags. Probably should also pack those bags. I guess we haven't been moving all that fast either.

CaliforniaAC - hope you are also getting your's.

Mike

Got our assignment this morning. Cabin 6079, still an inside but an upgrade from a MM guarantee to top inside I. We are happy. Can now print out bag tags. Probably should also pack those bags. I guess we haven't been moving all that fast either.

Mike

Ha! I knew today was the day (for some at least).

Congratulations!

Much better than an MM, believe me! Mid-ship, close to stairs/elevators - excellent.

Yes, you might just consider the idea of packing, but you don't have to start quite yet!!

Have a great cruise.

Edited by SilvertoGold

Mike

Excellent! Congrats on getting your home (finally:D).

Ha! I knew today was the day (for some at least).

Congratulations!

Much better than an MM, believe me! Mid-ship, close to stairs/elevators - excellent.

Yes, you might just consider the idea of packing, but you don't have to start quite yet!!

Have a great cruise.

Great news!!!! Oh Happy day!!!!! Enjoy your cruise!!!!!

Now if CaliforniaAC could only get their cabin assignment!!!!!!!

Edited by MishelleMcc

It may be that you arrive to Fort Lauderdale and the porter will have your room assignment. Just menntion that your in a guarantee and he or she will be able to look up your cabin number. But if it were me I would be calling the travel agency to see if the cruiseline cannrelease a cabin in a primo location for you or even perhaps upgrade you.

Guarantee cabins work like airline seats that are held back for airport assignment. In return for saving money the cruiseline will assign the cabin up until day of sailing.

If you are not happy with your location you could go up to either the checkin counter to have them show you on the map and see about upgrading or getting a better location or once aboard you can go to guest services to see if other passengers did not board.

For the future if you want your cabin to be assigned in advance and you can select the cabin then you may consider paying a bit more to get an assigned cabin. But please note that like airline seats cabin assignments are subject to change.

You can log into your online checkin to see if a cabin has been assigned every few days and if it has been assigned to one that you don't like you could call up Customer Relations and see if they can change it for you.

I hope this helps.

Got our assignment this morning. Cabin 6079, still an inside but an upgrade from a MM guarantee to top inside I.

Fantastic upgrade. Not so much because you moved up so many categories, or to a more central location, but because you went from a closet to one of the huge insides.

Congratulations.

It may be that you arrive to Fort Lauderdale and the porter will have your room assignment. Just menntion that your in a guarantee and he or she will be able to look up your cabin number. But if it were me I would be calling the travel agency to see if the cruiseline cannrelease a cabin in a primo location for you or even perhaps upgrade you.

Guarantee cabins work like airline seats that are held back for airport assignment. In return for saving money the cruiseline will assign the cabin up until day of sailing.

If you are not happy with your location you could go up to either the checkin counter to have them show you on the map and see about upgrading or getting a better location or once aboard you can go to guest services to see if other passengers did not board.

For the future if you want your cabin to be assigned in advance and you can select the cabin then you may consider paying a bit more to get an assigned cabin. But please note that like airline seats cabin assignments are subject to change.

You can log into your online checkin to see if a cabin has been assigned every few days and if it has been assigned to one that you don't like you could call up Customer Relations and see if they can change it for you.

I hope this helps.

Curious if you have ever sailed on HAL. After 300+ days on HAL and doing mostly guarantees I've found it's completely different from what you are suggesting. The absolute quickest way to find you cabin # is by printing your luggage tags. The very second it's assigned it will be there. No pestering or asking will make it get assigned sooner. I had someone on a roll call that haunted HAL for a cabin number. She was the last to receive hers. The rest of us got assigned quite a bit earlier.

Mike

Nice! you got a good one :D enjoy.

I hope this helps.

Huh???

Not much of this sounds like HAL and is quite misleading. I agree with cruz chic in what she says on how it works with HAL.

Huh???

Not much of this sounds like HAL and is quite misleading. I agree with cruz chic in what she says on how it works with HAL.

I agree with both of you, this doesn't sound at all the way it works (and we always book guarantees).

M&L-Colorado, congratulations on a great upgrade, and thank you for letting us know. :)

Keeping fingers crossed for California AC!

I have been reading all of this because we do not have our cabin assignment either and we leave in 3 days. We are on the Oosterdam and had a VF cabin that we picked out. All of a sudden the SZ guarantee cabins were only 200 pp more than what we paid for the VF so we jumped on it. Hope I did the right thing!!! So now we are waiting patiently. Our cruise is one week from tomorrow but we are leaving early.

Happy cruising to everybody!