poolside: what are you carrying your room key in?

dancingfish

I have a couple wristlettes. One is a wallet and one a small purse. I keep it in there along with hand sanitizer and chapstick. We take a small bag to the pool with sunscreen, Kindle, bottles of water, and whatever else I think we need. I just put it in the bottom of that bag.

I always carry a small straw, cross-body when I'm out about on the ship. If I think I'm going to use the pool or Jacuzzi, I then will carry a medium-sized tote with things I'll need, such as sunscreen, lip balm, sunglasses, my towel, a bottle of water, etc. At night I carry a small evening bag.

I have a small, light crossbody that I use while onboard to stash my key, lip gloss, and my cellphone (for camera use only). If we go to the pool, I use a tote for sunscreen, Kindle, and other miscellaneous needs. It folds into almost nothing that also doubles as an extra carry on bag if we purchase a lot. That said, I've never found the right product to hang onto my key when I am actually in the pool.

I will now start using this. I got it at the Dollar Store a few weeks ago in Las Vegas. It's waterproof, and clips right on my lanyard. I will tuck it into the front of my bathing suit.

I'm back from our family cruise where I gave out these waterproof holders to both my sons. They loved them, and used them to carry their seapass card on the ship, as well as at the beach and the pool. They liked attaching them to a belt loop or tab on their shorts, instead of wearing a lanyard.

Edited by pcur

I have a lanyard for my cabin key and usually stick some lip gloss or Chapstick in it as well. I also have a small tote bag that I carry sunscreen, goggles for the kids and my book in.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I quite often use my husband's pockets--we are usually together. Most of the cover-ups or shorts I wear to and from the Lido don't have pockets. I actually don't like pockets on most clothing.

I also have a quite small tote (maybe 12" by 8") that folds up into a pocket and is big enough for my Kindle, sunscreen, glasses, etc. and I have a wristlet that fits into that and carries my key card. It's getting quite old and faded now, but I haven't found anything I like better. I don't usually bring a big tote to the pool deck as I don't bring that much stuff.

My travel purse is a small crossbody bag, which I sometimes use on the ship if I am doing something without my husband along for his pockets!

• 3 weeks later...
I go to office store to buy cheap plastic ID holder to clip onto my lanyard, that way I don't have to worry about hole-punch.

I never carry purse around the ship. If I need something, I just go back to cabin to get it.

did something similar for Atlantis: a floppy (not rigid) plastic ID holder with a "zipper" on top (like a ziploc bag) attached to a looped holder (Like a suitcase ID loop). Put key card in holder, attach loop to bathing suit strap, tuck holder in-between the girls. Pop tshirt on and off I go. I can vouch that this did not come off when I got flipped over on the rapids!

We use lanyards. After almost 20 cruises, we have found the lanyards to be the most simple solution. Couldn't care less what people think of it making me look like a tourist. I don't think the lanyard is the big give-a-way to that. I tuck it under my shirt when on an excursion and when I get back to check on the ship, I'm never searching. I carry a small cross body bag with a few other items in it when we go on an excursion.

We use lanyards. After almost 20 cruises, we have found the lanyards to be the most simple solution. Couldn't care less what people think of it making me look like a tourist. I don't think the lanyard is the big give-a-way to that. I tuck it under my shirt when on an excursion and when I get back to check on the ship, I'm never searching. I carry a small cross body bag with a few other items in it when we go on an excursion.

This is what I do too. I don't care how it looks,it just works the best for me on the ship. Onshore I use a small cross body bag.

Laura

I haven't even been on my first cruise yet...its coming up on March 15th! But I have bought just about everything to hold that darn pass that I can think of! I guess I just don't know what I will need so I just want to be prepared. I bought a coach lanyard with id holder, a "bra stash" id holder that can attach to your bra, lol. I bought a neck pouch too. But in the end, I will likely just buy (or use one I already have) a really small cross body because I'm totally addicted to lip balm so that is a must carry item too. Then theres my little camera too, I can't miss any camera moments... I will just toss the little purse into a super lightweight tote or backpack that I'll take to the pool. I was looking into buying one of those foldable kind of backpacks for excursions. This is what happens when I have to much time to think/obsess about everything I'm gonna need! Ha!:eek:

Oh and just to explain how totally addicted to lip balm I am... if I was to use the lanyard with id holder, I had a "chapstick holder" made from someone on ebay that I can attach to the lanyard,lol. I'm picturing it now and having a good laugh at myself. :o:rolleyes:

I never go without my camera. It's just a little point and shoot one, so the camera bag is just a tiny cross body bag big enough for the camera and one small pocket (meant to hold the extra battery) that I use for my S&S card. It works perfect on the ship. On land, we had one of those flip top waterproof cases to keep with us when snorkeling.. it wasn't waterproof. It was meant to be, but everything inside got wet. I just ordered a waterproof pouch from amazon (can't remember the name) but it got high ratings. I'm looking forward to trying it out on our Breeze cruse!