What toiletries are provided and how are they?

Mommypig

We are taking our first Celebrity cruise in February on the Infinity, Buenos Aires/Antaractica RT.

We are platinum on Princess, and I don't like their shampoo/conditioner combo, so I always bring my own. There is never enough conditioner in 2 in one product for me. I also don't care for wall mounted dispensers, prefer little bottles.

So what comes in a Concierge class balcony?

Linda

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi MOMMYPIG,

Welcome to Celebrity.

I refer you to this recent topic on Concierge Class Toiletries = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2120665

They come in individual bottles / tubes, and not in bulk dispensers

Will see if I can find you a photo from Concierge Class...

Photo = http://maritimematters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/158-celebsilaquatoiletries.jpg

From a few years ago, when they had the Lemongrass line... Maybe someone has a pic of the new ones

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

First time I used the new products was this past March on the Silhuette. I have highlighted hair and I found the "hydrate" conditioner still left my hair very dry. I was fortunate my room steward was able to track down some bottles of the previous brand that worked well for me. I made sure to take my usual products when we sailed the Infinity in September.

Are these the Concierge Class toiletries? It seems they are the same as the ones our friends had and they were in regular class.

Another Beth

There are 2 brand lines... One for Suites, and one for everyone else.

So yes, your friends in a regular cabin would have had the same products as someone in Concierge Class.

Differences are in what is included.

Insides, Oceanviews & Verandas get Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner & Lotion along with Cotton Swabs & Puffs. Bathrooms also have Shower Caps & Kleenex, Bath Robes and a Hair Dryer.

Concierge Class also get Shower Gel as an added Bath Product. The Robes are plusher, towels are bigger, and there is a 2nd Hairdryer.

Aquas get all that plus Face Spray & Lip Balm, and Slippers.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Was in RS on Summit in June 2014. The shampoo was fine as was the conditioner. I forgot the name, I think it was Bvglari, not sure. Will not use opened q-tips or cotton balls (we bring our own). We did not have a shower cap but the best slippers I have ever worn. The soap for the shower is like dove body wash, but in bar form. I use panteen at home and found the shampoo to be more a salon quality. It was very nice, as was the conditioner .Never used the hand lotion supplied. Did not get spray for the face. Hope this answers your question. PS: My daughter was in a balcony cabin and remarked that she had the same brand name products as I.;)

Insides, Oceanviews & Verandas get Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner & Lotion along with Cotton Swabs & Puffs. Bathrooms also have Shower Caps & Kleenex, Bath Robes and a Hair Dryer.

Are you sure about Kleenex? The facial tissue we had in RS was Chinese sandpaper. We had to buy our own at first port. Kleenex is an acceptable brand, what they served up was made in China and piss poor quality.

Are you sure about Kleenex? The facial tissue we had in RS was Chinese sandpaper. We had to buy our own at first port. Kleenex is an acceptable brand, what they served up was made in China and piss poor quality.

Alas, I guess I should have been more specific for a worldwide audience, I meant not Kleenex the brand name as I did the product "facial tissues" (a term we rarely use in Canada :) )

Cheers!

There are 2 brand lines... One for Suites, and one for everyone else.

So yes, your friends in a regular cabin would have had the same products as someone in Concierge Class.

Differences are in what is included.

Concierge Class also get Shower Gel as an added Bath Product. The Robes are plusher, towels are bigger, and there is a 2nd Hairdryer.

Aquas get all that plus Face Spray & Lip Balm, and Slippers.

Cheers!

In our concierge cabin last month on Constellation we had no cottonwool or swabs, no second hairdryer, plush robes which were very frayed round the collars and the 'bigger' towels are really not that much bigger - we know as for the first few days we had standard towels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Are these the Concierge Class toiletries? It seems they are the same as the ones our friends had and they were in regular class.

Another Beth

Hi Beth!

Yes, they are the same. I have had them in both CC and standard cabins. Actually, they aren't bad. :)

Does anyone know if there is an iron in the rooms?

No. No irons are allowed to be brought on board either. There is a laundry service available along with pressing if so desired. Of course there are charges associated with these services.

I recently returned from the Silhouette (disembarked October 18, 2014) and these were the toiletries in the bathroom, made by Gilchrist and Soames. There were also two bars of hard-milled soap provided, one at the sink and one in the shower. I believe that these are now the toiletries that are provided for all non-suite cabins.

I was in the furthest aft Inside cabin (1198) on Deck 10. This cabin is located in a predominantly Concierge neighbourhood. It is possible that I received the shower gel just because the Concierge cabins received it, and it was easier just to give the few Inside cabins the same toiletries. Perhaps someone else who was in a veranda, oceanview or inside, NOT near Concierge, AquaClass or Suites can confirm this.

As to the quality of the products, they are fine, but the shampoo and conditioner did not have adequate de-tangling properties for my over-processed hair (former dark brunette who is now a blonde), so I have to bring my own conditioner.

i-QkwG6BT-L.jpg

Here are photos of the bar soap and what is inside the "vanity pack"....

i-tG9KZbn-L.jpg

i-xCcPpM7-L.jpg

i-PKdXJCM-L.jpg

The last photo is not very clear...there are two cotton balls, three q-tips (not premium quality) and an 1-1/2" piece of (fairly useless) emery board. Not at all worth the excessive amount of packaging, IMHO.

The tissues and toilet tissues used onboard, are made specfically for septic use. They have to this quality in order to be used on a cruiseship.

I recently returned from the Silhouette (disembarked October 18, 2014) and these were the toiletries in the bathroom, made by Gilchrist and Soames. There were also two bars of hard-milled soap provided, one at the sink and one in the shower. I believe that these are now the toiletries that are provided for all non-suite cabins.

I was in the furthest aft Inside cabin (1198) on Deck 10. This cabin is located in a predominantly Concierge neighbourhood. It is possible that I received the shower gel just because the Concierge cabins received it, and it was easier just to give the few Inside cabins the same toiletries. Perhaps someone else who was in a veranda, oceanview or inside, NOT near Concierge, AquaClass or Suites can confirm this.

As to the quality of the products, they are fine, but the shampoo and conditioner did not have adequate de-tangling properties for my over-processed hair (former dark brunette who is now a blonde), so I have to bring my own conditioner.

i-QkwG6BT-L.jpg

I think you are probably right about the shower gel. I've received it in standard balcony or inside cabins sometimes that have been near Concierge or aqua. In May we had an inside cabin on deck 11 on the infinity just across from the aft aqua cabins (it was a gty assignment) and we got bottled water everyday! We did have a drinks package and could get it for free anyway but our attendant was obv doing it to be nice so we never said anything :)

Thanks for the photo. Glad they are in bottles.

Any women out there have any reviews on the shampoo and conditioner?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No, they no longer were in bottles last April. They are in white tubes now.

We were in aqua class, so if we no longer received the bottles , you won't either. No more lemon grass

I really like the scent of the new products. It is Gilchrest and Soames, very nice

Never used the shampoo though. However, we brought it home, where it just sits in a drawer ;)