Cabin Safe on B2B Cruises?

MTNestr

Should we clear our safe between B2B Cruises when we leave our cabin after the first leg?. Do they automatically open safes at the end of cruises thinking that there will be new people in the cabin?

if you are in the same cabin for both cruises everything should be ok, the cabin steward should be the only person going into the cabin

When you arrive the safe will be open. If not, ask the cabin steward to have it opened. You then put your stuff in and close the door. Then you key in a 4 digit password. This locks the safe. To open you key in the same code. So each time you lock it you must key in a code. Most use the same code for the entire cruise, but you could vary it each time

Yes! Every time you close the safe door to lock it you must put in a code to make it lock. These can be different each time. The last code you put in is the one you must use to unlock it.

Actually, it's quite easy! :)

LuLu

Unless you're not paying attention to the last number you entered. You'll be in for a big surprise the next morning if you're in a hurry to get off the ship & try the normal combination a few times & it doesn't open. :eek:

Ok - let me see if I understand:

The Room Steward can not unlock your safe even if you ask them to. Only the Purser can but only if the current passenger asks them to open the safe.

On the last day of the cruise when it's time to leave the cabin :(:mad: the passenger will open their safe, remove their items and leave the safe door unlocked for the next passenger. If the passenger re-locks the safe by mistake then the next passenger will call the purser to get the safe unlocked.

The Room Steward can not unlock your safe even if you ask them to. Only the Purser can but only if the current passenger asks them to open the safe.

On the last day of the cruise when it's time to leave the cabin :(:mad: the passenger will open their safe, remove their items and leave the safe door unlocked for the next passenger. If the passenger re-locks the safe by mistake then the next passenger will call the purser to get the safe unlocked.

You got it.

You can't lock it "by mistake". You have to enter a 4 digit code to both lock it and unlock it. You have to hold it shut and enter the code to lock it.

You can't lock it "by mistake". You have to enter a 4 digit code to both lock it and unlock it. You have to hold it shut and enter the code to lock it.

They ask you to leave the safe open when you vacate the room.

If you leave it locked when you vacate the room...

I would think it was 'by mistake'.

It's just like any hotel room safe....the directions are on the safe, and it's pretty simple!

We did, however, have a safe once that wouldn't operate....there is a battery in it that had died....had to have it replaced!

Usually it will warn you by saying "low battery" on the screen. I had to have one replaced too.