All things Pride of America

collinH45

• 4 weeks later...
I am hoping that is a fleet wide thing as on the epic they always has them for supper time which was good to have when returning from port, and they had a wide variety both desert and meal crepes.

So hope they do have them on poa yum!!

Yes, POA has crepes in the Aloha Cafe buffet. I know they had dessert crepes at dinner, but I don't recall if they had meal crepes. I think the crepes were only offered at dinner time.

Enjoy!

I've been keeping track of POA's pricing for the last few weeks. It looks like the price per person takes a nosedive starting about 60 days prior to the cruise. You can save 50% or even more. So I'm thinking of waiting until 60 days out before I book. Does this make sense?

I booked for April of 2016 on POA in a suite. With the NCL specials and all the perks for a suite it was less expensive for my sisters (4 of us) to book a suite over 2 balcony rooms. I booked March 17th 2015 and I checked the rates on March 27th 10 days later and they dropped $2500.00 for our room category. We have found that the earlier you book the better. IF the price drops, call NCL and they will make a price correction. This can only be done up until 90 days before sailing. Then the last minute fares go on sale and the choice of cabins is limited. We have three NCL cruises booked and have had price reductions on 2 of the cruises and our personal cruise consultant made the changes and sent the revised confirmations within minutes to our email addresses. Remember to use a different browser or eliminate the cookies or the same price will come up and you won't save anything.

We are also looking at 2 Jan 2016 - but never thought about the light - what time does it go dark at that time of year - and what sort of temperatures could we expect.

We were thinking of coming over 28th Dec and having NYE in Honolulu - is it celebrated there? is it worth coming in so early?

We have not sailed with NCL for over 10 years now - do they still charge a 'daily service charge' to your onboard account? Can you knock it off???

I see they do an all inclusive option now too for drinks - although it may not be worth it as there is so much 'land time'

Thanks in advance

H

The daily gratuities charge still apply the daily fee is mandatory 12.95 x 7 =$91.00 for pp for a 7 day cruise for mini suites and lower and for suites the amount is now $14.95 x 7 =$104.65 pp. Gratuities are owed for all persons sailing, even children. I did ask our cabin steward if he actually got the gratuity we paid and he assured us he did. I checked with the wait staff and they told me that they got the gratuity. This made me feel a lot better knowing that the $$$ did go to the crew. This is typical among most cruise lines unless you are on an all inclusive cruise line. NCL is promoting free gratuities until the end of March for some cruises depending on what cabin category you book.

Pride of America does NOT offer the Alcohol beverage package according to my Cruise Consultant. I don't know why.

Edited by gwsster
corrected

I am trying to find out about luggage storage provided with a NCL excursion that includes the HOHO bus. It is not listed in the excursions for our Sept. 5th trip. As we are doing or have done all of the listed tours previously, we are trying to determine if there will be more excursions offered closer to our cruise date. I would appreciate any help available. If not available we will need to make a different type of arrangement. Thank you.

Jocru

I am trying to find out about luggage storage provided with a NCL excursion that includes the HOHO bus. It is not listed in the excursions for our Sept. 5th trip. As we are doing or have done all of the listed tours previously, we are trying to determine if there will be more excursions offered closer to our cruise date. I would appreciate any help available. If not available we will need to make a different type of arrangement. Thank you.

Jocru

I will be cruising on Pride of America in a couple of weeks, and as we get closer to our sail date the number of excursions offered through the ship drops. I would say the number of excursions available won't increase the closer you get to the sail date.

Thank you tlw. We booked in February and I have watched the excursions go from 101 to 90. I hope they don't cut any more. Our plane leaves post cruise at 10:15 pm and I thought the luggage storage and HOHO bus would be a good answer to our problem. There are several alternatives but we would prefer this. Guess we will have to choose something else.

Joan

Does anyone have the POA dailies that they could share ?

We're on the July 11 sailing and can't wait !!

We were on NCLs Star several years ago when it went to Fanning Island.

Thanks in advance !

Oh, does NCL have Coke products ? If not can we bring some onboard ?

NCL has Pepsi products. But you can bring on whatever soda you prefer.

I make no promises about pictures of the dailies cause I'm forgetful. There is a thread by Miicah from October where she posted dailies in case none of us remember to get the current ones for you.

Does anyone have the POA dailies that they could share ?

We're on the July 11 sailing and can't wait !!

We were on NCLs Star several years ago when it went to Fanning Island.

Thanks in advance !

Oh, does NCL have Coke products ? If not can we bring some onboard ?

Gambee just posted all the recent dailies - current within the last couple weeks. Here is the link:

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/pride-of-america-freestyle-daily-documents/

• 3 weeks later...
We had penthouse suite 13518 on the port side and had a huge deck. I wanted to have an early dinner brought up to us to enjoy outside watching the sail by. Instead we got pouring rain!!! I just opened up the slider to take some pictures but we mostly watched it from inside.

Still seeing it in the rain was better than not seeing it at all. :rolleyes:

How was the room? Is it big enough for 4 adults 1 child? Just booked this room and wondering it's setup and details...or pictures ;)

• 1 month later...

There's pizza in the buffet area. There are also curly fries, burgers, and hot dogs at the buffet. The lunch buffet on the lido has regular fries. And there's chicken tenders and fries and mozz sticks in the diner 24/7.

The above may or may not have been 75% of my diet while onboard LOL

I'm sure there is plenty of other kid friendly food, as well.

~Katy

Edited by kgymn

Did you see anything about tours to local golf courses at the excursion desk? I do not find anything online on the website in their listed tours? Or did you notice any golf courses near the ship at any of the ports?

When we were on it in April there were multiple golf excursions. I think they had them in every port actually (except maybe Honolulu) it actually stood out to me how many golf options they had. There was also a big sign at the gangway for a golf excursion one of the days in port, though I don't remember which. I'd say if golf is on your must-do list you're good :)

~Katy