All things Pride of America

collinH45

Did you see anything about tours to local golf courses at the excursion desk? I do not find anything online on the website in their listed tours? Or did you notice any golf courses near the ship at any of the ports?

There is a staffed golf desk on the ship.

• 4 weeks later...
The Pride of America is a favorite of mine. My very first cruise was on her so it really makes that ship special. I loved it so much I sailed the islands 2 more times!

What did you love about the ship itself? In what ways do you think she is better than other ships you have sailed on?

What did you love about the ship itself? In what ways do you think she is better than other ships you have sailed on?

My DH and DD and I are all hearing impaired. We noticed that room 10520 is marked as hearing impaired.

What does that mean? Any one had that room recently and would like to share what it is like. Thanks

My DH and DD and I are all hearing impaired. We noticed that room 10520 is marked as hearing impaired.

What does that mean? Any one had that room recently and would like to share what it is like. Thanks

OMG that is so awesome! I had never heard of such a thing. Is this feature only in one stateroom category? Where on the ship is this hearing impaired cabin?

This from a Norwegian Cruise Line website:

Guests who Are Deaf or Have Low Hearing -

At Norwegian Cruise Line, we will attempt to provide our Deaf or Low Hearing guests with an enjoyable cruise, which means making every attempt to make the technology available to assist Deaf and Low Hearing guests during your Freestyle cruise experience. We strongly encourage Deaf or Low Hearing guests to contact the Access Desk prior to cruising so that your specific needs can be discussed prior to your cruise. Many different options are available prior to the cruise and needs vary from guest to guest.

For additional information, call (866) 584-9756 (voice), fax (305) 468-2171, or send an e-mail to accessdesk@ncl.com, or have your travel agent contact us.

Amenities and Services include:

Embarkation day meeting with staff member who will see to your accessibility needs during the cruise

The Sky, Sun and Pride of America have staterooms that are hard wired for Deaf and Low Hearing guests which includes a visual-tactile alert system to alert you if there is knocking at the door, telephone ringing, alarm ringing or smoke detection

On those vessels where rooms have not been hardwired, a portable kit is available upon request in your stateroom that includes a visual-tactile alert system to alert you if there is knocking at the door, telephone ringing, alarm ringing or smoke detection.

Individual and/or group emergency drills for all Deaf or Low Hearing guests upon request

Pagers are available upon request on all Norwegian Cruise Line vessels to alert Deaf or Low Hearing Guests to vessel announcements and a manual for same can be provided in advance.

Assistive listening devices are available on many vessels in the main theatre through the Guest Service Desk.

Closed-captioned televisions are available for your state room.

Closed-captioned DVD movies are available upon request prior to sailing.

Sign language interpreting services may be provided for Deaf guests if that is their primary means of communication. A request for sign language interpreting should be made with the Access Desk at the time of booking through the Special requirements Information Form that can be obtained from the Access desk, but no later than 90 days prior to sailing. Requests are subject to a number of considerations, including but not limited to, the availability of interpreters and cabin space. Sign language interpreting services may be provided on cruises that depart from and/or return to the U.S. Please make every effort to contact our Access Desk well in advance of your cruise - at least 90 days for interpreters and 60 days for all other requirements – if possible. A request for an interpreter with less than 90 days’ notice may still be granted but cannot be guaranteed.

TTY Phones are available onboard all ships except Norwegian Spirit that use handy phones and text messaging.

The guest can request that the phone in their room be replaced with a TTY phone and this will enable them to communicate with the Guest Services Desk staff by teletype.

This from a Norwegian Cruise Line website:

Guests who Are Deaf or Have Low Hearing -

At Norwegian Cruise Line, we will attempt to provide our Deaf or Low Hearing guests with an enjoyable cruise, which means making every attempt to make the technology available to assist Deaf and Low Hearing guests during your Freestyle cruise experience. We strongly encourage Deaf or Low Hearing guests to contact the Access Desk prior to cruising so that your specific needs can be discussed prior to your cruise. Many different options are available prior to the cruise and needs vary from guest to guest.

For additional information, call (866) 584-9756 (voice), fax (305) 468-2171, or send an e-mail to accessdesk@ncl.com, or have your travel agent contact us.

Amenities and Services include:

Embarkation day meeting with staff member who will see to your accessibility needs during the cruise

The Sky, Sun and Pride of America have staterooms that are hard wired for Deaf and Low Hearing guests which includes a visual-tactile alert system to alert you if there is knocking at the door, telephone ringing, alarm ringing or smoke detection

On those vessels where rooms have not been hardwired, a portable kit is available upon request in your stateroom that includes a visual-tactile alert system to alert you if there is knocking at the door, telephone ringing, alarm ringing or smoke detection.

Individual and/or group emergency drills for all Deaf or Low Hearing guests upon request

Pagers are available upon request on all Norwegian Cruise Line vessels to alert Deaf or Low Hearing Guests to vessel announcements and a manual for same can be provided in advance.

Assistive listening devices are available on many vessels in the main theatre through the Guest Service Desk.

Closed-captioned televisions are available for your state room.

Closed-captioned DVD movies are available upon request prior to sailing.

Sign language interpreting services may be provided for Deaf guests if that is their primary means of communication. A request for sign language interpreting should be made with the Access Desk at the time of booking through the Special requirements Information Form that can be obtained from the Access desk, but no later than 90 days prior to sailing. Requests are subject to a number of considerations, including but not limited to, the availability of interpreters and cabin space. Sign language interpreting services may be provided on cruises that depart from and/or return to the U.S. Please make every effort to contact our Access Desk well in advance of your cruise - at least 90 days for interpreters and 60 days for all other requirements – if possible. A request for an interpreter with less than 90 days’ notice may still be granted but cannot be guaranteed.

TTY Phones are available onboard all ships except Norwegian Spirit that use handy phones and text messaging.

The guest can request that the phone in their room be replaced with a TTY phone and this will enable them to communicate with the Guest Services Desk staff by teletype.

Thank you so much, this information is very helpful:D

Can anyone tell me what this cruise might be like in Feb? We have cruise twice before - but only in October and November. Both were gorgeous. But I cannot for the life of me, remember the actual temperatures of these days?

I am coming from an Australian summer - which at that time of year, would be insanely hot! But I am looking for the warm humid tropical climate that October and November offered me. Could I still expect that?

Can anyone tell me what this cruise might be like in Feb? We have cruise twice before - but only in October and November. Both were gorgeous. But I cannot for the life of me, remember the actual temperatures of these days?

I am coming from an Australian summer - which at that time of year, would be insanely hot! But I am looking for the warm humid tropical climate that October and November offered me. Could I still expect that?

I cruised with Holland in Jan of 2012, weather was gorgious :D

• 2 weeks later...

We were on two weeks ago. We did the Chef's Table. Price was increased to $109. It was fun, but we never got the signed menu we were promised. Enjoyed the food; the wines a bit less so. And ours sold out the first evening of the cruise.

Edited by IowaFolks