All things Pride of America

collinH45

Am in the search for activities pre POA cruise. Has anyone tried this activity: Underwater Scooter & Turtle Encounter with Island Water Sports? Sounds somewhat interesting.

Looks like fun! It is discounted on TravelZoo until Feb 15, 2015. Go to TravelZoo and search on Hawaii.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been keeping track of POA's pricing for the last few weeks. It looks like the price per person takes a nosedive starting about 60 days prior to the cruise. You can save 50% or even more. So I'm thinking of waiting until 60 days out before I book. Does this make sense?

We went in May and the weather was perfect so It should be just as good in September. We enjoy our vacations more when it doesn't get dark before 7pm. Also, we were told that if you wanted to do snorkeling, the water temp was much colder during the winter months.

We really wanted to see the whales, so we went during February and saw so many! :)

We went in May and the weather was perfect so It should be just as good in September. We enjoy our vacations more when it doesn't get dark before 7pm. Also, we were told that if you wanted to do snorkeling, the water temp was much colder during the winter months.

Good points, thanks. This has me rethinking the timeframes a bit.

Any months known for rain more than others?

• 4 weeks later...
Loved the POA & hope to sail her again some day. She offers a very different experience than a "typical" NCL ship because Norwegian has smartly realized that it's all about the islands.

I'm not sure what kind of info you were hoping to have posted, but I'm happy to answer questions if I can. There's also a link to my rather lengthy review of our POA experience in my signature below.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wondering about the height of waves while cruising in December/January when the onshore waves are supposedly at their height. Anyone have any info?

We are just off the pride of America as of Saturday. We experienced all types of weather! Rain, wind, fog, sunshine, heat and active seas. We still enjoyed every minute of our time on shore. Please feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer them for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've coordinated a group of 14 adults (7 cabins) sailing on POA April 4, 2015 and we took advantage of a GREAT package deal almost a year out, but it involved two new elements for me; 1) Inside staterooms and 2) Guaranteed status.

We always sail in mid-ship balcony, and it appears our rooms are on the 8th floor, Aft. Room 8701 appears to be at the end of a row of balcony rooms, while the others (8183, 8193, etc) are truly "inside" rooms.

Being a control "freak" this is driving me nuts to not choose the rooms! :eek: But my cruise consultant keeps assuring me all will be fine. Can anyone give some advice about the 8th floor inside aft cabins? Should we consider upgrading to at least obstructed view oceanview? All other oceanview and balcony rooms are showing sold out. Only the guaranteed categories are left online.

Thanks in advance for any information to help allay my fears!

We are also looking at 2 Jan 2016 - but never thought about the light - what time does it go dark at that time of year - and what sort of temperatures could we expect.

We were thinking of coming over 28th Dec and having NYE in Honolulu - is it celebrated there? is it worth coming in so early?

We have not sailed with NCL for over 10 years now - do they still charge a 'daily service charge' to your onboard account? Can you knock it off???

I see they do an all inclusive option now too for drinks - although it may not be worth it as there is so much 'land time'

Thanks in advance

H

Picklebritches, we were on the 8th floor which I thought was a great floor to be on. It was very quiet, but easily accessible via the stairwells to all floors. We had a large balcony room that we enjoyed thoroughly. Our cabin was all the way forward where we did experience the motion of the ship.

Holidayhelen, we sailed December 20-27. Sunset was around 5:40 pm, with complete darkness by 6:15 pm. Temperatures were between 65 and 75 during the day. We did have rain almost every day of the cruise, but only in Hilo did it last all day long.

We had an 8th floor mid-ship obstructed oceanview cabin, which we were upgraded to (free) from an inside guarantee about two weeks before sailing. We did have to call our TA but she got it for us. The cabin was great with very little motion feeling. The only bad thing is you could hear your neighbors on the wall with the connecting door and I'm sure they could hear you.

• 2 weeks later...