New Celebrity promotion 11-5-2014

kk99

If you were to search for a website called "Reader Offers" in England you might find the 3-2-1 is still on sale at least until 18th November!

Bollinge Yes that's right, in England. As I mentioned the offer only seems to be available US and UK

Thank you SNJ for your time and effort'

I fooled my PC and got onto the US Celebrity site.

I got the same costing in USD$ that you got, however $750- was deducted from each cruise being "captains club discount".. I logged into "my celebrity" first which recognised my Elite membership and allowed the $750- discount. I assume I also got the 123go, 3 perks (C3) although the system didnt actually tell me that.

I think you may need to try a US online TA and get a quote. See what they can offer, just remember to allow for the exchnage rate.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Does anyone know if with this new promo they will also do a Captains Club (one cat.) upgrade?

Yes, they will.

For those booking on board in the next while, you also get the value of your deposit as an OBC on the cruise you are sailing on while making the booking or you can choose to have it applied to the future cruise. Great deal. i apologise if this has already been answered. I don't have the internet time to read the whole thread as we're currently on Silhouette.

I have been sent an email from Celebrity UK promoting this:

http://view.email.celebritycruises.co.uk/?j=fe8c1173716707747d&m=fe9615737067057872&ls=fdf210797366067c7014787d&l=fec7157371600c79&s=fe161279776702757d1c77&jb=ff981370&ju=fe55137774600475721c&ecid=5343398&rid=692368887&lid=Trouble_header&emsc=UKCELNOV14FRISWAVEEMCC&r=0

However, my TA on Reflection, is only eligible for a Classic Beverage package at today's prices- this is a hike of £206.

Edited by upwarduk

I wish I could hook up to this promotion, but our 2 cruises in Feb. arenow more than double what we paid, so we certainly aren't making any changes.

Now, for those that would be booking this promotion while on a 2 wk cruise, what more would they get for booking on the ship, that they couldn't get if booking directly on land.

There is an OBC incentive, $ based upon cabin category booked.

Thanks villauk

I was using the August 1 as a pricing comparison as it was closest to the cruise that I did last year.

I am actually looking at booking the July 11th and 18th B2B as it offers 4 new ports for us.

How do you mean "book via US", do you mean book on Celebritys US site, not sure I can do that as far as Celebrity is concerned. I guess that is why I said I would be interested to know the US costing so if anyone has a spare minute (or 20) maybe they could give me an idea of US pricing via Celebrity website on a C3 on the 2 cruises Equinox July 11th and 18th. Thanks

As far as Elite goes, does that effect prices on regular balconies?

Btw, apparently Captains Club allows for reduced deposit and category upgrade, how do I obtain that?, I did call Loyalty Desk but they said I would have to wait 2 hours to speak to someone or they would call back, that was 2 days ago, no call back.

Glad someone has posted the US pricing for you, and you managed to get on their website :). I was referring to booking through a US TA as they will give you all the perks plus more OBC. You only pay the lower rate and then get the higher category 1 upgrade e.g. pay for a C3 but actually stay in a C2 ;). Your TA should sort that for you, together with the reduced deposits.

Personally, IMHO, the Elite benefits outweigh the Concierge perks, especially as all the cabins are the same size on S class ships. You have to decide why the CC is important for you to book - you may like having the footstool etc. and feel that is worth the extra $. Additionally, the extra $OBC for booking a CC cabin may be more than the difference between say a 2B and a C3 cabin, making it a no-brainer ;).

On the other hand if it's just to obtain all three perks, then you need to compare prices to see if it's worth booking the CC just for the sake of getting the extra perk of OBC (i.e. if you're paying $600 extra for the CC cabin, just to get the $300 OBC, then it's not worth it - you'd be better paying a 2B rate and staying in a bigger balcony 2A hump cabin and obtaining 2 of the included perks). Hope that makes sense :)?

Thank you SNJ for your time and effort'

I fooled my PC and got onto the US Celebrity site.

I got the same costing in USD$ that you got, however $750- was deducted from each cruise being "captains club discount".. I logged into "my celebrity" first which recognised my Elite membership and allowed the $750- discount. I assume I also got the 123go, 3 perks (C3) although the system didnt actually tell me that.

It is my understanding that you cannot combine the Captain Club Discount and the 123 inclusive offers. But I would think you could still get the upgrade offer but it is not automatic on line.

http://view.email.celebritycruises.co.uk/?j=fe8c1173716707747d&m=fe9615737067057872&ls=fdf210797366067c7014787d&l=fec7157371600c79&s=fe161279776702757d1c77&jb=ff981370&ju=fe55137774600475721c&ecid=5343398&rid=692368887&lid=Trouble_header&emsc=UKCELNOV14FRISWAVEEMCC&r=0

However, my TA on Reflection, is only eligible for a Classic Beverage package at today's prices- this is a hike of £206.

No fair for those of us that are US based. We cannot get the 123 Promo on TAs.

Good for you.

I wish I could hook up to this promotion, but our 2 cruises in Feb. arenow more than double what we paid, so we certainly aren't making any changes.

Now, for those that would be booking this promotion while on a 2 wk cruise, what more would they get for booking on the ship, that they couldn't get if booking directly on land.

Deposit is only $100 p.p. (except for suites), and additional OBC which depends on what kind of room you book and length of the cruise. On board booking gives these benefits in addition to the 123 All Inclusive promotion.

No fair for those of us that are US based. We cannot get the 123 Promo on TAs.

Good for you.

I agree, everyone is on the same ship, so everyone should have the same conditions- if we cancel, we loose our deposit, you don't in USA. Many people in USA have several cruises booked and cancel those they decide not to go on.

Edited by upwarduk

Promos have often excluded Transatlantic and transpacific cruises, so you are lucky.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Glad someone has posted the US pricing for you, and you managed to get on their website :). I was referring to booking through a US TA as they will give you all the perks plus more OBC. You only pay the lower rate and then get the higher category 1 upgrade e.g. pay for a C3 but actually stay in a C2 ;). Your TA should sort that for you, together with the reduced deposits.

Personally, IMHO, the Elite benefits outweigh the Concierge perks, especially as all the cabins are the same size on S class ships. You have to decide why the CC is important for you to book - you may like having the footstool etc. and feel that is worth the extra $. Additionally, the extra $OBC for booking a CC cabin may be more than the difference between say a 2B and a C3 cabin, making it a no-brainer ;).

On the other hand if it's just to obtain all three perks, then you need to compare prices to see if it's worth booking the CC just for the sake of getting the extra perk of OBC (i.e. if you're paying $600 extra for the CC cabin, just to get the $300 OBC, then it's not worth it - you'd be better paying a 2B rate and staying in a bigger balcony 2A hump cabin and obtaining 2 of the included perks). Hope that makes sense :)?

Definitely makes sense. I will only go to concierge if the price is right (comparable to a veranda 2B), other wise the perks are not worth the extra $.

Definitely makes sense. I will only go to concierge if the price is right (comparable to a veranda 2B), other wise the perks are not worth the extra $.

Our situation was a no brainer. We had booked an OV cabin with group space back in early September when there was a 4 day 150.00 promo for additional OBC from Celebrity. With the additional 100 in OBC from our TA, we had 250 in OBC to cover our tips for our 10 day cruise. We were going to pay an additional 230 for the premium alcohol upgrade. With the new promotion it cost us an additional 500, but our tips are covered and we have an additional 400 in OBC. 230 of that will go towards the premium upgrade and it will leave us with 170. The bottom line is that it only cost us 100 and we went from an OV to a C3. We also got the captains club upgrade to a C2, so we are third off the hump with the larger balcony. We loved our cruise earlier this year on the Silhouette and I am sure we will enjoy the Eclipse with the Gastropub, Slush and the glass blowing show.

Our situation was a no brainer. We had booked an OV cabin with group space back in early September when there was a 4 day 150.00 promo for additional OBC from Celebrity. With the additional 100 in OBC from our TA, we had 250 in OBC to cover our tips for our 10 day cruise. We were going to pay an additional 230 for the premium alcohol upgrade. With the new promotion it cost us an additional 500, but our tips are covered and we have an additional 400 in OBC. 230 of that will go towards the premium upgrade and it will leave us with 170. The bottom line is that it only cost us 100 and we went from an OV to a C3. We also got the captains club upgrade to a C2, so we are third off the hump with the larger balcony. We loved our cruise earlier this year on the Silhouette and I am sure we will enjoy the Eclipse with the Gastropub, Slush and the glass blowing show.

Great work with taking advantage of the deals. Enjoy.:D

So as I said, book through the website I mentioned before. We are not supposed to mention travel agents directly on this site.......

Thank you Bollinge, I get it, sorry, I looked but they don't seem to have the Equinox July 11, July 18 or August 24 on their lists.

Thank you Bollinge, I get it, sorry, I looked but they don't seem to have the Equinox July 11, July 18 or August 24 on their lists.

Just as you did yesterday when you changed the country for the X website to the US, do the same with the Cruise Critic website (go back to the home page and in the bottom right it will give you an option of country - unless you're already on the US site ;)). If you go onto the deals section via the drop down option on the tool bar at the top, you'll have several TA names, contact numbers and websites that CC allow to advertise.

Try inputting some of the cruises you're interested in and see what comes up. You can also monitor the prices from another site - this shows currently how the prices are fluctuating for any given cruise. I can't name it here, but do a google search on cruise price monitoring sites and it should come up. If you're familiar with Birds Eye, that may help :D.