New Celebrity promotion 11-5-2014

kk99

I saw this on the offers on Celebrity's home page today.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/123go-all-inclusive

For cruises in concierge or higher staterooms, you get all three, the classic beverage package, free gratutites and obc. It must be booked between 11-5-2014 and 1-4-2015 for sailings of 3 nights or longer for cruises that depart Feb 2015 through April 2017. It does exclude transatlantic, Transpacific , Asia and South America repositioning cruises that depart 3-15, 12-5-2015, 3-13-2016 as well as Xpedition.

In reading the fine print if you booked previously, you can rebook remove the old promotion items, reprice your cabin at the current prices, and get all three.

On some of of cruises, our cabin price has not increased, so we will rebook those, on some it does not make financial sense.

For those of you who are thinking about a new sailing, more to think about.

Have a great Wednesday!

The perks also get better for better cabin categories.

In effect they are phasing in suite perks sooner with this promotion (RS and above get unlimited internet, upgrade to premium beverage package, unlimited specialty dining under the promotion starting in Feb instead of April when Suite Perks officially start for example).

Sky suites and above get free companion airfares to Europe.

The perks also get better for better cabin categories.

In effect they are phasing in suite perks sooner with this promotion (RS and above get unlimited internet, upgrade to premium beverage package, unlimited specialty dining under the promotion starting in Feb instead of April when Suite Perks officially start for example).

Sky suites and above get free companion airfares to Europe.

Does the new suite program include Sky suites?

Does the new suite program include Sky suites?

Assuming you are talking the official suite perks program that starts in April 2015 versus the perks in the new 123 promotion, basically:

• Sky suites (junior suites as other lines call them) will get Suite Dining room access
  • Celebrity Suites add to that Michaels Club access
  • Royals and above add unlimited internet, specialty dining, premium beverage packages

Cabin fares are accordingly priced higher at each step in suite category to correspond to the additional perks on offer as well.

Edited by cle-guy

Assuming you are talking the official suite perks program that starts in April 2014 versus the perks in the new 123 promotion, basically:

• Sky suites (junior suites as other lines call them) will get Suite Dining room access
  • Celebrity Suites add to that Michaels Club access
  • Royals and above add unlimited internet, specialty dining, premium beverage packages

Cabin fares are accordingly priced higher at each step in suite category to correspond to the additional perks on offer as well.

Exactly what I needed to know. I just saw this new promotion and priced a Sky Suite for my family next November. Right now we are booked on the Oasis the same week, in one of the new aft GS. I just have not heard great reviews for service and food. We loved the Reflection last year. The room would be a little smaller, but same perks, plus drink package and onboard credit. I have to decide what to do!!

Exactly what I needed to know. I just saw this new promotion and priced a Sky Suite for my family next November. Right now we are booked on the Oasis the same week, in one of the new aft GS. I just have not heard great reviews for service and food. We loved the Reflection last year. The room would be a little smaller, but same perks, plus drink package and onboard credit. I have to decide what to do!!

As you are looking to next year, here's the full Suite Perks FAQ so you can get the full detail the program entails.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

If you are considering Reflection again, do make note that the existing AquaSuites become SkySuites with the changeover. I have not yet been able to determine if they will retain the special body spray AquaClass showers that are unique to Aqua class or if they will be removed to make the showers the same as the rest of the SkySuites. So if booking, consider one of the existing cabin numbers that is an AquaSuite for that little added perk if it stays!

Edited by cle-guy

As you are looking to next year, here's the full Suite Perks FAQ so you can get the full detail the program entails.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

So if booking, consider one of the existing cabin numbers that is an AquaSuite for that little added perk if it stays!

Great idea!! Thanks!

This is good news! I'm booked in a 2A for the Reflection next May and the price has not gone up. Hopefully my Big Box Travel Company will be able to get the change for me. They are on the phone with X on my behalf as I type this.

Celebrity seems to be offering quite a lot of interesting promotions. We were onboard Reflection for the Westbound TA, and booked the April, 2015 Eastbound TA, and a Westbound TA for Nov. 2015. Celebrity offered paid gratuities as an onboard booking perk.

We had never seen any promotion like this for Transatlantics before. Nice touch.

While checking out this offer on Celebrity's web site, I found another Celebrity IT glitch. Under find your destination, looking at European sailings, South America sailings come up. Under South America sailings it shows SA sailings.

It makes it tough to feel warm and fuzzy about Celebrity. Once on the ship, we have enjoyed every cruise, but dealing with their web site and 75% of their service reps prior to the cruise, not so much....

Thank you so much for alerting me to the new special from Celebrity. I was able to save $300 each week for a future b/t/b cruise on the Silhouette January 2016! Just made a call- of course hang on 10 minutes- but it was worth it!

It is great that people on cruise critic take care of fellow cruisers!:D

Edited by Cruise a holic

Just re-booked a February cruise on Constellation with this deal. Financially, we're about $200 ahead versus our original deal (which included senior discounts we had to give up) and we upgraded from a deluxe veranda to a CC cabin in a better location. I'll take it!

Question - can we wait to upgrade drinks pkg to Premium and have the upcharge hit the OBC?

Thanks again and smooth sailing everyone!

Just re-booked a February cruise on Constellation with this deal. Financially, we're about $200 ahead versus our original deal (which included senior discounts we had to give up) and we upgraded from a deluxe veranda to a CC cabin in a better location. I'll take it!

Question - can we wait to upgrade drinks pkg to Premium and have the upcharge hit the OBC?

Thanks again and smooth sailing everyone!

Yes, you can upgrade to premium once on board, and the additional cost will come out of your OBC.

For those who haven't booked already this is a good deal. However, in our case, the 11 night Alaska cruise that we booked about 4 weeks ago increased by $300 last week. Since we already have the 123 Bev package and $300 OBC (Concierge), this new promotion is meaningless. If we were to re-book to get the additional gratuity benefit (value ~$300) we would be booking at the prevailing rate ($300 more than what we are paying). So it is a wash. It's also call a Celebrity "bate and switch" process for those already booked. Can't win.

Bob

Edited by kennelgang

We just took advantage of this for our 2016 New Zealand sailing!! The Sky Suite was the same price with the new promo so it was a very easy decision.

Didn't make sense on our Summit sailing in March. We would have saved $17 since we already had $200 OBC so not worth the trouble in my opinion.

For those who haven't booked already this is a good deal. However, in our case, the 11 night Alaska cruise that we booked about 4 weeks ago increased by $300 last week. Since we already have the 123 Bev package and $300 OBC (Concierge), this new promotion is meaningless. If we were to re-book to get the additional gratuity benefit (value ~$300) we would be booking at the prevailing rate ($300 more than what we are paying). So it is a wash. It's also call a Celebrity "bate and switch" process for those already booked. Can't win.

Bob

Hi there,

This is not a bait and switch. This is an offer to help bring new passengers onboard. A bait and switch is when you are promised something, and given something else.