New Celebrity promotion 11-5-2014

kk99

Like most have already said... "I also like this promotion". So much so that I held an emergency meeting with our cruise partners last night to discuss bookings for March 2016. Our #1 pick is Eclipse March 6/16 and Equinox March 14/16.

Thanks Celebrity.

Kevin Reid

Thanks for the info! My TA is trying to tell me that it is the same as Pick Your Perk and then that I cannot do this on an existing booking. She seems to not be interested in helping me cancel and re-book with this promo. Can I just cancel the cruise through the TA and re-book on my own? I normally wouldn't want to do that because she did work to direct us to the right cruise and needs to get credit, but if she isn't willing to help...

Do you have any issue withe the TA canceling and rebooking? Unless there are some additional perks you would lose, there is no reason to not allow it, unless your TA charges a cancellation fee, which in this case if you rebook, I'd hope they waive it. I work with a TA who does not charge any cancellation or change fees.

I cancel and rebook all the time, with my TA. Often times its far simpler to do that than change bookings, and sometimes necessary due to the policy of "new bookings only" that some promos have.

I just added the 123 all in to two of my existing bookings. I think that you should school your TA on the correct information. You do not have to cancel your booking.

Thanks for the info! My TA is trying to tell me that it is the same as Pick Your Perk and then that I cannot do this on an existing booking. She seems to not be interested in helping me cancel and re-book with this promo. Can I just cancel the cruise through the TA and re-book on my own? I normally wouldn't want to do that because she did work to direct us to the right cruise and needs to get credit, but if she isn't willing to help...

Your TA is doing you a disservice. I would call back and insist that he/she call X to confirm that the change is not possible.

I have no issue with the TA cancelling and re-booking, but it seems that she does. I asked for that, and she has stopped responding to me. Left another message and sent another email. Ugh! Won't use this one again!

We used a TA and have all three promos - Classic Bev. Package, free gratuities, and OBC.

The only thing showing in our reservation on the Celebrity website is the Classic Bev. Package. The prepaid (free) gratuities and the OBC are ONLY showing on our confirmation from our TA.

We have used our TA multiple times, and have never had an issue getting anything that was shown on our TA confirmation :)

I did the reservation change directly as I booked directly through Celebrity. I was advised that the "reservation change" on line could take 10 days to show up.- but I was assured that the reservation was changed and sent an e-mail receipt of the changes.

I saw this on the offers on Celebrity's home page today.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/123go-all-inclusive

For cruises in concierge or higher staterooms, you get all three, the classic beverage package, free gratutites and obc. It must be booked between 11-5-2014 and 1-4-2015 for sailings of 3 nights or longer for cruises that depart Feb 2015 through April 2017. It does exclude transatlantic, Transpacific , Asia and South America repositioning cruises that depart 3-15, 12-5-2015, 3-13-2016 as well as Xpedition.

{{{Snip}}}

I cut and pasted the teeny, tiny light gray Fine Print from the website into a document and reformatted it to make it legible. Sharing here, in case others can benefit.

I also took screenshots of the offer to paste into the document (to show formatting), but that made it too large to upload.

Attachment 1 is of all the Fine Print terms, made larger, bolded and with carriage returns to make more legible. I tried not to format in such a way that any meanings were changed. Hope this was successful.

Attachment 2 is of the basic description of the offer in plain text.

The pics are of screenshots of the offer from the website as of 10 am today

1611a3t.jpg

21bqg0n.jpg

8xuc0h.jpg

i5d476.jpg

I really HOPE this works!

Jane

123Go All Inclusive Offer 6Nov2014 Fine Print Part 1 of 3.pdf

123Go All Inclusive Offer 6Nov2014 Offer Itself Part 2 of 3.pdf

Hi Etski,

With most past promotions, Celebrity has allowed the 1 category upgrade. However, as this promo is brand new, I'm not entirely certain. At any rate, it doesn't hurt to ask !

I'm sure someone will call Captains Club tomorrow, and we'll have a definitive answer. Hope this helps !

When we called yesterday and received the new promo on our already booked cruise for 2016, , the rep at first was not sure, but did check and applied the Aqua 2 price to our A1 stateroom...so our original price was preserved...and we received all the perks!

When we called yesterday and received the new promo on our already booked cruise for 2016, , the rep at first was not sure, but did check and applied the Aqua 2 price to our A1 stateroom...so our original price was preserved...and we received all the perks!

We too got A1 for A2 price thru our online TA when we added another B2B to our B2B in 2016 on the Summit making it a B2B2B2B!!!:D:D

Free Grats

Free Drinks

$ 300 per week from cruise company

$ 200 per week from TA

a price on the TA's web site that was a bit lower than on celebrity's site!!!

If i have all three promos and a discount plus A2 to A 1 but it is given to me through an agency and not celebrity...is it worth checking on? I mean if the TA can save some money even if I pay more ...I may or may not have a etter deal..headache...:eek:

I originally booked under the 123Go promotion and I was just able to switch to the 123Go All Inclusive promotion for no extra cost!! My TA contacted Celebrity and made this change but looking at my reservation on the website, I am not seeing any difference.... Should I be able to see the additional OBC and Gratuity promo information in my reservation? Can anyone else who is using a TA see this promotion information in their reservation online? Thanks!

I note that the fine print of the offer says (bolding added by me for emphasis):

...Guests in ocean view and veranda staterooms must select the same option(s), notify Celebrity of the selected option(s) at the time of booking and provide the applicable promo code:

BEV123go for Beverage, GR123go for Gratuities and OBC123go for OBC; EUBEVOB123go for Europe OBC & Beverage, EUBEVGR123go for Europe Beverage & Gratuities, or EUOBGR123go for Europe OBC & Gratuities.

...No promo code required for 123go! All Inclusive Offer...

Purely educated speculation on my part but, perhaps the (revised) date on any booking confirmation (post 11/4/14) is intended to convey that a qualified booking includes the "all inclusive" perks??

It sure would be nice if Celebrity revises the "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy" to clearly reflect any included perks. The way they currently appear is very confusing and inconsistent from one booking to another.

The offer's fine print also shows the following (bolding added by me for emphasis):

Free Gratuities option provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and headwaiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity's guidelines.

Gratuities will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking date.

The guests' stateroom folio will be credited with an OBC. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non- transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise.

It appears to me that Celebrity is seriously testing out the profitability of offering more inclusive pricing. If they can maintain (or increase) their profit margin with this approach, I would expect to see these perks built into various cabin pricing going forward.

It will be interesting to see how the market reacts.

Jane

Hi everyone,

hulamoon, on the four reservations that I rebooked yesterday through my TA, I received some extra obc in addition to the new promo benefits. The TA that I use does a very large volume of business with Celebrity. It never hurts to call and ask, if there is anything else you might get.

hcat, I definitely think that by offering this particular promotion is a way for passengers to either consider an upgrade to a concierge class cabin(and more revenue for the cruise line) and also test out how strong of a promotion and whether the pricing reflects the added benefits.

I would be fine with one price for all of the benefits included, and do think that cruiselines will be heading that way.

A Sixth? I think it is great that it worked for you on a 3 btb cruises. I hope one day to be able to take that much time off at once.

Here is the 30 second you tube promotion video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9D4l_JB4-g&list=UUUJTqPyDqe2-wH6xFaFamdg

Just waiting for the new itineraries to launch!

You could do that.

It sounds like you need a new TA anyways.

Our TA just got it added to an existing booking.

The only caveat is that you have to pay the CURRENT rate for your cabin.

We have 2 cruises in 2015 that have gone up so much in price that it isn't worth it but our cruise in 2016 is still at the same price as when we originally booked.

Just heard from the TA that it is added to that cruise with no cancelling and re-booking required.

When you're on your next cruise start asking people for TA recommendations - that's how we found our (wonderful !!!) TA.

I booked under this promo yesterday and received all three.

How does the free gratuities work? Just no charge put on your sea account or it comes in the form of OBC and then you get the grays charged daily?

In the form of -. For instance, you will see a pp gratuity charge each day for $12.50 and then below it will be -$12.50.

Did this happen to anyone else? I rebooked 2 cruises last night through the Captain's Club. My invoices show a charge for the gratuities. The rep said that although the charges are listed and added to my overall cruise charge, that they will come off my invoice in 10 days. At that time, I should receive an updated invoice.

In the form of -. For instance, you will see a pp gratuity charge each day for $12.50 and then below it will be -$12.50.

Did this happen to anyone else? I rebooked 2 cruises last night through the Captain's Club. My invoices show a charge for the gratuities. The rep said that although the charges are listed and added to my overall cruise charge, that they will come off my invoice in 10 days. At that time, I should receive an updated invoice.

I was told the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be able to trust that info. It is in perfect agreement with the following excerpt listed in the fine print terms & conditions.

...Gratuities will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking date...

Check out my post #83 for the attachment with all the terms & conditions spelled out and legible.

Here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44657960&postcount=83

Jane

PS I would still keep an eye on that reservation to make sure that the Grat credit indeed comes through.

Thanks...my eyesight is still good enough that I was able to read the fine print with the help of my glasses and a magnifying glass. :D

Seriously, it's not the fact that the paid gratuities perk will show up in 10 days. It's that they are on my invoice as a charge, to begin with. The Beverage Package is not on the invoice as a charge...nor the OBC that we are receiving. Why post the gratuities as a charge?

Thanks...my eyesight is still good enough that I was able to read the fine print with the help of my glasses and a magnifying glass. :D

Seriously, it's not the fact that the paid gratuities perk will show up in 10 days. It's that they are on my invoice as a charge, to begin with. The Beverage Package is not on the invoice as a charge...nor the OBC that we are receiving. Why post the gratuities as a charge?

Because they are terribly inconsistent is my best guess :eek:

I actually have a current booking with PYPGR. The confirmation lists it as a line item with a cost of $0.00 all the way across! I do not have Select dining.

Here's one possible excuse/reason: Do you have Select Dining? In that case, maybe they need to reflect the charge upfront and then credit it back.

(No idea why that would be).

Edited by JaneStarr

Just took advantage of this promo with the Summit sailing from NY to San Juan next October. I could not beat the price for a C3 cabin.

I was surprised that they included this sailing because it is kind of a re-positioning cruise.

Hopefully they extend this promo, so while we are on our Southern Caribbean in January we can book some more cruises while on board. Fingers crossed.

I actually have a current booking with PYPGR. The confirmation lists it as a line item with a cost of $0.00 all the way across! I do not have Select dining.

Here's one possible excuse/reason: Do you have Select Dining? In that case, maybe they need to reflect the charge upfront and then credit it back.

That is how my accounts are always done as we always have Select dining so prepay our gratuities.:D

No Select. For one cruise, we are in Aqua Class, so eat in Blu. For the other cruise, we have Late MDR. :rolleyes:

Just took advantage of this promo with the Summit sailing from NY to San Juan next October. I could not beat the price for a C3 cabin.

I was surprised that they included this sailing because it is kind of a re-positioning cruise.

Hopefully they extend this promo, so while we are on our Southern Caribbean in January we can book some more cruises while on board. Fingers crossed.

That would be great! We cruise again on 2/2. I'd love to book a couple more and get this deal + the booking onboard OBC. :D

Thanks! I appreciate the info!