New Celebrity promotion 11-5-2014

kk99

For those who haven't booked already this is a good deal. However, in our case, the 11 night Alaska cruise that we booked about 4 weeks ago increased by $300 last week. Since we already have the 123 Bev package and $300 OBC (Concierge), this new promotion is meaningless. If we were to re-book to get the additional gratuity benefit (value ~$300) we would be booking at the prevailing rate ($300 more than what we are paying). So it is a wash. It's also call a Celebrity "bate and switch" process for those already booked. Can't win.

Bob

Bait and switch, that's a STRETCH, actually not even close. Bait and switch would be "you get a free beverage package" and arrive and they say you get unlimited cheese platters instead.

It's marketing, supply and demand, market forces at play.

You never get something for nothing. Yes fares adjust often times as promotions are put in place. Celebrity isn't in the business to give out free gifts, they are there to make profits for the shareholders sand fill their ships.

While checking out this offer on Celebrity's web site, I found another Celebrity IT glitch. Under find your destination, looking at European sailings, South America sailings come up. Under South America sailings it shows SA sailings.

They corrected it!!!! Must be a coincident, surely they didn't listen to me. Now I can see the European sailings....

I have only recently starting pricing out Celebrity and was pleased to see that the promotions seem to be very generous if you hit it just right, even for new cruisers :). I'm not sure I'm looking at the big picture correctly though.:o

Wondering if this new promo will continue to afford TAs to offer incentives above & beyond Celebrity's pricing. I'd also hate to see the 123 promo only apply to the concierge & up level. Any thoughts?

Months ago I was thrilled to find a great price from one of the advertisers here, a big online TAs that I've utilized for other bookings. It was part of a group booking rate and is $200 less for what the same category is pricing now less than 2 months away on a sweet 16 cabin. I am also receiving the following perks: Celebrity's 123 promo (our selection was classic beverage plan) & TA threw in pre-paid gratuities and $100 OBC. I do recall booking concierge would've cost approx. $500 more & had same OBC. I almost went with it but wanted to experience the cabin selection I chose.

I like that Celebrity has a variety of promotions. We were able to take advantage of this promotion on four of our upcoming sailings in 2015-16 and did not on three others that are booked during the time frame as they would be more expensive than what we already have.(including figuring out the cost of what the promotions are worth to us)

On the ones that are rebooked, our TA was able to offer something on top of this offer, so it was a great Wednesday cruise wise.

Thanks Celebrity!

I saw this on the offers on Celebrity's home page today.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/123go-all-inclusive

For cruises in concierge or higher staterooms, you get all three, the classic beverage package, free gratutites and obc. It must be booked between 11-5-2014 and 1-4-2015 for sailings of 3 nights or longer for cruises that depart Feb 2015 through April 2017. It does exclude transatlantic, Transpacific , Asia and South America repositioning cruises that depart 3-15, 12-5-2015, 3-13-2016 as well as Xpedition.

In reading the fine print if you booked previously, you can rebook remove the old promotion items, reprice your cabin at the current prices, and get all three.

On some of of cruises, our cabin price has not increased, so we will rebook those, on some it does not make financial sense.

For those of you who are thinking about a new sailing, more to think about.

Have a great Wednesday!

THANK YOU for your alert..

also thank you to Cruisecritic for providing this site....

We were already booked for Jan 2016, on a 9 day cruise, and qualified for this offer...we did have the bev perkon our orig booking, but not the other items

Now we have our same booking number, same great AQ cabin....same price and 2 diff OBC offers that total $450..for us easily spent in the spa, specialty dining and excursions.( We also opted to keep our orig dep amount but the offer says we could have done just 50 %)

Got through to the rep, spent some time on hold and it was done, Only loose thread is that it will take 2 weeks for the free grats to be credited,,,We will keep on top of that....

we are happy with our new perks for 2016!

Edited by hcat

Price on a Royal suite next summer in Western Mediterranean (7 day Equinox) dropped $1000 since I booked two weeks ago! Original booking through Costco with $1500 OBC. Now have $1850 OBC and all the suite perks (which I know I would have gotten anyway). Nonetheless, am very happy to be $1350 ahead (on what is admittedly an expensive cruise) for the effort of a 10 min. phone call to Costco!

Thanks for the tip in the promo. We booked a 1A yesterday. TA is doing a quote to move to a C2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not forget the one category upgrade as well. You might want to get a price for a C3.

I saw this promotion on the website this morning and was able to add it the other two parts of the 123 Promo for my January 2016 cruise. Since I used my Open Passage I even have more OBC.

This is a great deal for us that book CC and above.

Thank you, Celebrity.

Do not forget the one category upgrade as well. You might want to get a price for a C3.

I saw this promotion on the website this morning and was able to add it the other two parts of the 123 Promo for my January 2016 cruise. Since I used my Open Passage I even have more OBC.

This is a great deal for us that book CC and above.

Thank you, Celebrity.

Didn't forget it. I guess price wise I upgraded from a 1B to a C3 ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi KK99,

Thanks for posting this.

Now have to do some investigations both on the cruise we have booked, and those we are considering (ie Upcoming 2016 & 2017 Deployments)

Lol... Decisions, decisions, decisions :D

Definitely first world problems

Cheers!

If cost me $230 to upgrade. For that I get $300 OBC and $168 in gratuities. So netted $238 in benefits plus the concierge perks and extra captains club points.

I booked a cruise last night for DH and myself to go to the Med. next Fall. We receive the Beverage & Gratuity Package. I asked the Celebrity Captain's Club to match a deal of OBC that I was seeing on a TA site. They said they could not. I went ahead and booked with Celebrity thinking I could always transfer and pick up extra if I decided to switch.

Well, lo and behold, I wake up this morning and see that during the night, a new promo has popped up! I ring the Captains Club and ask about now getting the OBC. They say "sure!" I think "great!" Here comes $300 OBC. Well, not so fast! Would you believe that during the night, our stateroom went up $94pp!

So, I pay more for the same stateroom, but am still netting $112 out of the $300 OBC. You can believe that I will be watching for a price drop before this promo ends. We have about 9 months before final payment.

Thanks for the tip in the promo. We booked a 1A yesterday. TA is doing a quote to move to a C2

On another cruise, I moved our Reflections stateroom from a 1A to a C2. There are 3 of us, so I will get the Non-Alcoholic package and 40 extra minutes of Internet. We also get the Classic Drink Packages and Gratuities for the week.

The move ended up costing more (in the hole $55). Although a CC is an upgraded stateroom with extra perks :rolleyes:, I am not sure that a CC is worth the $7.85 a day extra. Already Elite, so non of the CC perks are all that great.

So, you may ask why I upgraded? Well, actually it was a mistake in math. The original 3rd person rate was $399...a special reduction during the original booking. I didn't realize that the rate had changed to $799. :eek:

The good thing is that we traded a 1A angled hump stateroom for a CC2 angled hump stateroom. We will have beverages for all 3 of us. I'll have my Elite coupons for adult beverages at night. The gratuities will be paid. Plus, we will have that $300 OBC to use up in Specialty dining and misc. onboard shopping. I might even splurge and buy an alcoholic drink during the day. :D The bottom line will mean that at the end of the cruise, there should be no onboard charges to go on my credit card.

For those of you that are racking up OBC here and there, remember that this new promo says that the unused OBC is not refundable.

lovely! I will look at booking in board in a couple of weeks!

If you intend to take advantage of this deal through on board booking, please know that a CS at CC told me that this limited time offer only applies to "on land" bookings, as the 123GO offer on board is a different offer.

If that was not your intention, then please disregard.

If you intend to take advantage of this deal through on board booking, please know that a CS at CC told me that this limited time offer only applies to "on land" bookings, as the 123GO offer on board is a different offer.

If that was not your intention, then please disregard.

I just got off the phone with a different CS at CC who told me that I can specify to the Future Cruise agent on board that I want the "all-inclusive 123GO promo" in place of the standard "on board 123GO offer''. I still get the on board booking OBC incentive.

The answers to questions vary.

Comments?

I just got off the phone with a different CS at CC who told me that I can specify to the Future Cruise agent on board that I want the "all-inclusive 123GO promo" in place of the standard "on board 123GO offer''. I still get the on board booking OBC incentive.

Comments?

Based on history of past offers (and posts here on CC about such circumstances)

I would say that usually Onboard Promos are in addition to what ones are ashore.

So in this instance, you'd get

Celebrity Future Cruises Onboard OBC Incentive

Celebrity's 123Go All Inclusive Promo

And

Celebrity's Captain's Club Perks (1 Sub-Category Ugrade & 50% Deposit*)

* Where applicable... Has some restrictions on Holiday Cruises and some Sub Categories / Suites

Lol, mind you I have not read / studied all the fine print yet... Or tested it on a booking :D

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Comments?

Based on history of past offers (and posts here on CC about such circumstances)

I would say that usually Onboard Promos are in addition to what ones are ashore.

So in this instance, you'd get

Celebrity Future Cruises Onboard OBC Incentive

Celebrity's 123Go All Inclusive Promo

And

Celebrity's Captain's Club Perks (1 Sub-Category Ugrade & 50% Deposit*)

* Where applicable... Has some restrictions on Holiday Cruises and some Sub Categories / Suites

Lol, mind you I have not read / studied all the fine print yet... Or tested it on a booking :D

Cheers!

We have a Winter 2016 cruise booked for New Zealand/Australia. The booking was made onboard another cruise last year. We are to receive a $200 OBC and the Beverage Package. Does the above mean that we could also receive Gratuities and another $300 OBC, thus keeping the onboard booking incentive of $200? :)

UPDATE: Nevermind. I just found that the price of our 1A has gone up $400 pp. :eek: Also, because we are only in a 1A, we would only be eligible for 2 picks. I guess it's worth a call to have the 2nd pick added on?

Edited by Iamthesea

Comments?

The on-board Future Cruise consultants aren't always "up-to-date" on the various offers, but it can't hurt to ask. I strongly suggest you print out the current offer (including ALL the fine print) and bring it with you when you book on the ship.

Last summer, a family member of mine got "confused"/incorrect info when booking a "cruise now" passage for next summer in an upper suite. Our cruise agent & I spent lots of time emailing and texting to straighten out the on-board booking before he left the ship.

The FCCs are usually nice, but they just seem to have trouble keeping up with the various & evolving offer.

BTW, the always available offer for booking on-board is called "Evergreen 123 Go".

The OBC for booking on-board is in addition to the Evergreen 123 Go offer. I was told that you are allowed to change it to another available offer w/o losing your OBC, but you have to pay the prevailing rate at the time of the new offer is active.

[Hope this is clearer than it feels LOL!]

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr