New Celebrity promotion 11-5-2014

kk99

In August we booked B2B February cruises on the Summit for the Southern Caribbean and our TA contacted us today regarding this promotion. Unfortunately for us we would have to rebook our cruise to take advantage and it would cost us around $560 pp CAD for week one and the same increase for week 2 as the price of our cruises have risen. Not a great deal for us unfortunately.

All Offers: Cruise must be booked Nov. 5, 2014 - Jan. 4, 2015 ("Offer Period") and must be a 3-night or longer cruise that departs Feb. 2015 - Apr. 2017. Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, Transatlantic, Transpacific, Asia and South America repositioning cruises that depart Mar. 15 and Dec. 5, 2015, and Mar. 13, 2016. All guests in the stateroom must book at the non-discounted standard cruise fare during the Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are "Qualifying Bookings."

Does this mean a transpacific cruise that is scheduled outside of these dates would be included?

In August we booked B2B February cruises on the Summit for the Southern Caribbean and our TA contacted us today regarding this promotion. Unfortunately for us we would have to rebook our cruise to take advantage and it would cost us around $560 pp CAD for week one and the same increase for week 2 as the price of our cruises have risen. Not a great deal for us unfortunately.

Try not to be too disappointed.

Keep in mind that the offers aren't really for *free* extra things, they are just *included* in the current cruise fare.:eek:

Enjoy those B2B cruises!

Jane

All Offers: Cruise must be booked Nov. 5, 2014 - Jan. 4, 2015 ("Offer Period") and must be a 3-night or longer cruise that departs Feb. 2015 - Apr. 2017. Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, Transatlantic, Transpacific, Asia and South America repositioning cruises that depart Mar. 15 and Dec. 5, 2015, and Mar. 13, 2016. All guests in the stateroom must book at the non-discounted standard cruise fare during the Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are "Qualifying Bookings."

Does this mean a transpacific cruise that is scheduled outside of these dates would be included?

I would read this as excluding

• all Xpedition
  • all Transatlantic's
  • all TPAC's
  • And any asia or south american repositioning cruises that depart mar 15 2015, Dec 5 2015, and Mar 13 2016

I would read this as excluding

• all Xpedition
  • all Transatlantic's
  • all TPAC's
  • And any asia or south american repositioning cruises that depart mar 15 2015, Dec 5 2015, and Mar 13 2016

Ya, kinda figured....Never hurts to clarify though.:D

Our Western Caribbean on Silhouette is included but there are no Aqua cabins available. We already got all three perks over the summer and I'm not sure if they were a promotion from =X= or our TA, but there's no lower prices for our cabin.

We were spoiled by Regent, both because of the all-inclusive and the level of service. Regent eventually priced themselves out of what we wanted to pay so we tried two cruises on HAL. Not bad but not to our satisfaction and we were nickled and dimed to death. So now we're trying Celebrity to see how it compares. If they became all inclusive and the ship met our expectations, we might stay with them.

Does anyone know if with this new promo they will also do a Captains Club (one cat.) upgrade?

Website is currently down (WEIN ?) so I cannot check the fine print...

But as I stated above in Reply 46

Chances are very high...

Rare that they "pull the plug" on the regular two for Captain's Club Members (1 subcategory upgrade & 50% Deposit)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Does anyone know if with this new promo they will also do a Captains Club (one cat.) upgrade?

Hi Etski,

With most past promotions, Celebrity has allowed the 1 category upgrade. However, as this promo is brand new, I'm not entirely certain. At any rate, it doesn't hurt to ask !

I'm sure someone will call Captains Club tomorrow, and we'll have a definitive answer. Hope this helps !

Hi Etski,

With most past promotions, Celebrity has allowed the 1 category upgrade. However, as this promo is brand new, I'm not entirely certain. At any rate, it doesn't hurt to ask !

I'm sure someone will call Captains Club tomorrow, and we'll have a definitive answer. Hope this helps !

Thanks Andy and all who answered. I am a bit confused after reading all the posts on this thread and do have some other questions. I booked a B2B last week on the Summit. Booked a OV and received free beverage pk. and $125 onboard credit. After doing some math I could move to a Concierge (with a possible 1 cat. upgrade) get the beverage pk $300 onboard credit, each cruise and free gratuities. This would cost be an additiona l$700 total for both cruises. I would then get $600 onboard credit, Free gratuities and go from a OV to Concierge. This looks like a good deal. With the $300 onboard credit Celebrity is giving, is part of that being used to pay gratuities or is it free gratuities and $300 onboard credit? Also wondering since it said new booking if I would need to cancel and rebook. I already transferred it to my TA and want to be armed with info if needed when I call.

Edited by ETski

I saw this on the offers on Celebrity's home page today.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/123go-all-inclusive

For cruises in concierge or higher staterooms, you get all three, the classic beverage package, free gratutites and obc. It must be booked between 11-5-2014 and 1-4-2015 for sailings of 3 nights or longer for cruises that depart Feb 2015 through April 2017. It does exclude transatlantic, Transpacific , Asia and South America repositioning cruises that depart 3-15, 12-5-2015, 3-13-2016 as well as Xpedition.

In reading the fine print if you booked previously, you can rebook remove the old promotion items, reprice your cabin at the current prices, and get all three.

On some of of cruises, our cabin price has not increased, so we will rebook those, on some it does not make financial sense.

For those of you who are thinking about a new sailing, more to think about.

Have a great Wednesday!

Since we are in a regular balcony, guess the promo I already have is perfect since I won't qualify for this. We have the bev pkg and OBC for booking onboard, so I am good

Hi everyone,

I got off the telephone last night with Captain's Club and this offer is combinable with the Captain's Club one category upgrade for example , pay for a C3 rate for a C2 cabin. It is not combinable with shareholder stock credit, resident, senior type rates. My brother booked another sailing last night and did the one category cabin grade upgrade.

For uktog, the UK wave promotion starts on November 11, 2014, and it looks to be almost identical to the U.S. Offer except for different starting and end dates. Glad to know that Celebrity will have this for all of the lovely UK cruisers I've met over the years. I am sure your UK travel agents can also confirm it for you.

I have a copy of the terms for the UK promo but since I got it from a TA, I don't believe I can post it. It should show up on Celebrity's UK page as soon as the current offer expires on the 10th.

Looking forward to the release of all of the new sailings for 2016-17.

I originally booked under the 123Go promotion and I was just able to switch to the 123Go All Inclusive promotion for no extra cost!! My TA contacted Celebrity and made this change but looking at my reservation on the website, I am not seeing any difference.... Should I be able to see the additional OBC and Gratuity promo information in my reservation? Can anyone else who is using a TA see this promotion information in their reservation online? Thanks!

I originally booked under the 123Go promotion and I was just able to switch to the 123Go All Inclusive promotion for no extra cost!! My TA contacted Celebrity and made this change but looking at my reservation on the website, I am not seeing any difference.... Should I be able to see the additional OBC and Gratuity promo information in my reservation? Can anyone else who is using a TA see this promotion information in their reservation online? Thanks!

We used a TA and have all three promos - Classic Bev. Package, free gratuities, and OBC.

The only thing showing in our reservation on the Celebrity website is the Classic Bev. Package. The prepaid (free) gratuities and the OBC are ONLY showing on our confirmation from our TA.

We have used our TA multiple times, and have never had an issue getting anything that was shown on our TA confirmation :)

Edited by DinaS

We used a TA and have all three promos - Classic Bev. Package, free gratuities, and OBC.

The only thing showing in our reservation on the Celebrity website is the Classic Bev. Package. The prepaid (free) gratuities and the OBC are ONLY showing on our confirmation from our TA.

We have used our TA multiple times, and have never had an issue getting anything that was shown on our TA confirmation :)

Do you know for sure the OBC and Grats are from Celebrity and not gifted by your TA?

The way to know is if the OBC is refundable, it was gifted by the TA, if it's marked non refundable, it was provided by Celebrity.

It's very common for TA's to offer such perks for booking, paying for them out of their sales commissions to keep clients. Many cruisers are unaware of this as they are just happy to get the perks and care not where they come from.

As you say you can see the Drinks on X and the OBC and Grats only show on your TA invoice, not X, it makes me ask the question. Of course the X website is so full of glitches, it could just not be showing them all too...

I re-booked under this promotion yesterday and the rep told me that the OBC would show right away but the grats and bevs would take 8-10 days to show up on the on-line reservation.

My updated document did show OBC but not grats or bevs. I still have 107 days so I won't lose any sleep just yet!

I take it this is an offer not available in the UK as their site is showing a different less good offer finishing on 10 November

I spoke to someone at X today and they said the promo starts Nov 11th for us, and is combinable ( I already have drinks and free grats) ...but she said to keep an eye on prices before phoning ..if it stays the same or lower then phone straight away but if the price goes up on 11th then to wait and keep an eye on it as promo is valid till mid February and price could come back down again before then. You have to pay the price on the day your booking is amended so if it has gone up to compensate for the package then it may not benefit you.

Thanks for the info! My TA is trying to tell me that it is the same as Pick Your Perk and then that I cannot do this on an existing booking. She seems to not be interested in helping me cancel and re-book with this promo. Can I just cancel the cruise through the TA and re-book on my own? I normally wouldn't want to do that because she did work to direct us to the right cruise and needs to get credit, but if she isn't willing to help...