Noordam Cabanas

wally8

There have been people smoking near the cabanas on all three ships we have been on. Noordam has the biggest retreat area, it seems less noticeable. I don't thing smoking is allowed within the cabanas, but given the wide open deck space, some people have sought out corners.

I am on the Noordam right now and am sharing the Capri family cabana with friends.

I have not looked at the names of the others but will tomorrow and post which are away from the fans.

I'll try to take some pictures. We are in st. Maarten tomorrow and I am not getting off the ship except to make a phone call.

I hope this will be of some help.

Terri

Thank you, we have a smaller one booked (just the 2 of us) so would appreciate any recommendations.

I'm not sure if it's better to overlook the side with the glass front, or overlooking the ship with the open rail front.

On the Noordam smokers did seem to use the deck right below the aft corner cabanas. On the Noordam this is the Observation Deck next to the Lido pool sliding roof. As that spot is aft of the cabana we never smelled smoke, but did see smoking. No smoking in the Retreat area itself. Two in our party did use electronic cigarettes, which is permitted, in our cabana.

Dennis

Thank you, we have a smaller one booked (just the 2 of us) so would appreciate any recommendations.

I'm not sure if it's better to overlook the side with the glass front, or overlooking the ship with the open rail front.

I've had both types of cabanas. There is good and bad for both. I would probably lean more to middle ones to rather than the side but the side was fine too.

• 4 weeks later...

I have some questions on the cabanas. I cannot get the PDF file to open for me. How much are they? Do you have to rent them for the whole cruise or can you rent them for some days on your cruise. We will be on for 39 days and would like a few days here and there. TIA

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have some questions on the cabanas. I cannot get the PDF file to open for me. How much are they? Do you have to rent them for the whole cruise or can you rent them for some days on your cruise. We will be on for 39 days and would like a few days here and there. TIA

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It depends on the length of the cruise.

Small cabanas

10-day cruise $399

Up to 15 days $499

Family Cabanas

10 days $599

Up to 15 days $749

Also on the Noordam they were offering various daily and weekly packages that included a Pinnacle dinner and Cannaletto Dinner. Don't remember the price. I had a family cabana, however, the small cabana next to me had four people using it on the special package.

Look at HALfacts. I posted pictures and a diagram of the cabanas of the cabanas with some annotations.

Hope this helps.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri