Listing your cabins on all replies :(

SetAnOpenCourse

May I suggest that CC members who list their cruises at the bottom of the post NOT include the cabin numbers? When I was researching a specific ship/cabin recently, the search results were cluttered with threads on topics that had nothing to do with cabins. (If the moderator is reading this, perhaps an official opinion on this would be helpful.)

May I suggest that CC members who list their cruises at the bottom of the post NOT include the cabin numbers? When I was researching a specific ship/cabin recently, the search results were cluttered with threads on topics that had nothing to do with cabins. (If the moderator is reading this, perhaps an official opinion on this would be helpful.)

if you are looking for cabin info or other info on Holland America, you might find HALfacts.com helpful. The link to the website is in my signature. It is a website with contributions by kind Cruise Critic members who have been on the ships:)

If you are using CC Search you might try turning off "show signatures" before you search. You should then see only cabin numbers embedded in text bodies. I think! :) At least that appears to be the way it is working for me.

Edited by jtl513

Is there many people that show cabins? I've never noticed it. Frankly a far bigger issue in my mind is people that keep their countdown clocks forever after they've sailed. I'm sailing on Sunday and I removed mine yesterday.

I haven't noticed cabin numbers listed, either - only categories. Or perhaps in a roll call where people may post their cabin number there. Big mistake IMO, but oh well. I'm with you on removing past cruises - I've got signatures hidden which helps.

I haven't noticed cabin numbers listed, either - only categories. Or perhaps in a roll call where people may post their cabin number there. Big mistake IMO, but oh well. I'm with you on removing past cruises - I've got signatures hidden which helps.

I know I could remove sigs but I like to see when and where people are cruising to, when it's up to date :D.

Is there many people that show cabins? I've never noticed it. Frankly a far bigger issue in my mind is people that keep their countdown clocks forever after they've sailed. I'm sailing on Sunday and I removed mine yesterday.

Hey! Have a GREAT time!

Hope you can dig out of the snow to get to the airport, though. Sounds so "Alberta" to a westcoaster.

Hey! Have a GREAT time!

Hope you can dig out of the snow to get to the airport, though. Sounds so "Alberta" to a westcoaster.

I'm more then half way there:D. Sitting in Dallas waiting for my flight to Florida. It's been a VERY long day already.

I concure, I have not seen many if any cabin numbers listed on count down clocks. And yes please, get rite of all the sailed clocks.

Dang! how will I know which ship you are on tomorrow?!?!?!? :D

I agree to remove the countdown clocks - but AFTER you sail!!!! :p

Bon Voyage cruz chic!!!!!!

I'm on the NA but not till Sunday. I just don't want to take my countdown clock down with pricy Internet. I'm shopping tommorrow:D.

I don't believe I've ever seen cabin numbers listed on a signature. I had to read the post twice as I had no idea what the OP was suggesting.

I'm with you, still haven't figured it out.

Helen:confused:

oops.. my bad..

I leave them in my signature so I can remember what cabin I had for past/future reference.., however I don't post the cabin number until after I sailed. :D

Cruz Chic, have an excellent cruise!:)

What a great idea. I have trouble sometimes remembering what stateroom I was in on any past cruise. Thanks for the idea, I will be adding mine after our next cruise:)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

I'm on the NA but not till Sunday. I just don't want to take my countdown clock down with pricy Internet. I'm shopping tomorrow:D.

Well then we will lift a toast on Sunday! Enjoy your day tomorrow - preparing for - and anticipating your cruise on Sunday!

To others about CC searches: I have to preface to say that my search efforts on Cruise Critic are limited. Because, I have found, that the CC search engine is not as "intuitive" as say... google. (and I have copious amounts of google search experience)

To the OP: When I have looked for information on cabin photos, I usually use different "trigger" words.

First, use a main search engine rather than just the CC forum. Changing my words will sometimes improve/change the search results.

example: I have found that a google or bing searches for "pictures of..." will be different than the results I get if I use the words "images of...".

I also have gone to "YouTube" for searches and have found good results. I sometimes stumble upon a video that just happens to include the cabin I was looking for.

Before I found HALFACTS in this forum (tons of cabin pictures with DATES!), the other site I used to use for cabin photos was cruise line rooms dot com.

Study the Cruise line Cabin categories and find comparable cabins even though your specific Stateroom number is not found.

Hope this helps!

oops.. my bad..

I leave them in my signature so I can remember what cabin I had for past/future reference.., however I don't post the cabin number until after I sailed. :D

Cruz Chic, have an excellent cruise!:)

Wouldn't it be easier to keep your cabins number, cruise, date etc on a 1-page document on your computer? That way, you don't have to go searching on CC - especially when it goes down, or slows down to a crawl, which it has been known to do quite frequently. Some signatures are so cluttered already, and many are outdated - I have them turned off.

Edited by Lizzie68