Main dining room unlimited food?

I only wish when we order two or three of something like the lobster they wouldn't have to bring everything else that goes with it since that typically goes to waste.

While I agree with the sentiment think of the extra work in the kitchen, these dishes are "Plated Up" by the dozens and the waiter then just needs to grab what he needs, ie two plates of this three of that and off he goes, but every time he has to say, No sauce or no cabbage it slows everything down

By the third night of our last 7 night cruise, they didn't even ask my son what he wanted. They would always bring him 2 Cesar salads, 2 flat iron steaks, and two huge bowls of ice cream. He LOVED it!! :)

This is one of the things that I love about cruising and traditional dining, the waiter knows I want my drink as soon as I sit down, he knows I want ice cream with my dessert he probably knows what dessert I want [at least if they have pav on the menu he will].

Dh and I only order one entree each except I have been known to eat a lobster tail (no shrimp as I am allergic to it) and a piece of prime rib. I do have a silly question though. Do all of you who order several apps and entrees etc. eat all that you order? Do you eat that much at home too?

I think I am a big eater, but there is no way I could eat all that and after a couple of days on a cruise I am lucky to eat two meals a day and that includes one app and one entree at dinner. I am not a slim person and I could just imagine what I'd look like if I ate all that a lot of people say they order. I'm not being judgmental, just asking.

Dh and I only order one entree each except I have been known to eat a lobster tail (no shrimp as I am allergic to it) and a piece of prime rib. I do have a silly question though. Do all of you who order several apps and entrees etc. eat all that you order? Do you eat that much at home too?

I think I am a big eater, but there is no way I could eat all that and after a couple of days on a cruise I am lucky to eat two meals a day and that includes one app and one entree at dinner. I am not a slim person and I could just imagine what I'd look like if I ate all that a lot of people say they order. I'm not being judgmental, just asking.

Hubby and I do not eat like this at home, but the first few days we tend to be more adventurous.:p

We usually order 2 app's, one entrée each and then split one, etc. Dessert depends. Have to have the WCMC w/ ice cream.:p At least 3-4 times.

I don't think we've had a cruise without a medical evac either.:eek:

Reading this post I think I know why.

Formal night it's 2 orders of Lobster though for sure.:p

Because we can.:p

I know I'm stupid [saves all my so called friends around here saying it] but what is WCMC, and when you tell me I'll probably say "of course".

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and is so so yummy. Comes with scoop of ice cream. Or Two:p

No, I don't eat all of that at home which is why I gain about 10 pounds on a 7 day cruise. Yes, I eat what is brought because i do not want to be wasteful. There are only certain things where I order extra of because those are things i love (shrimp & lobster). I also know when I return home I have a lot of work to do to get ready for the next cruise! To me, the food is half the fun of a cruise.

I think most people eat bigger portions at home than what the MDR serves. Take for instance the shrimp cocktail. At home, we buy the 16-24 size. On the ship, you're lucky if they're the 30-40 size. I only order one entree and have never felt hungry when I leave but never stuffed either. Two would put me close though.

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and is so so yummy. Comes with scoop of ice cream. Or Two:p

If you're a true chocaholic, you'll probably love it. I'm not. It's very rich, and one time per cruise is enough for me. I didn't have any on our last cruise.

On our last cruise, this past October, our waiter told us he once served 43 lobster tails to one gentleman. Another time, he had a table that told him to bring EVERY ITEM on the menu nightly, except the four soups that are available. Our waiter told us that they have to receive approval from the maître'd if the guest requests more than five of one course. I found this quite interesting.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No, I don't eat all of that at home which is why I gain about 10 pounds on a 7 day cruise. Yes, I eat what is brought because i do not want to be wasteful. There are only certain things where I order extra of because those are things i love (shrimp & lobster). I also know when I return home I have a lot of work to do to get ready for the next cruise! To me, the food is half the fun of a cruise.

Out to sea!, there is nothing wrong with being wasteful. You paid for it.

Edited by Baymax