Price drop after final pymt

bradboy

I booked through a travel agent and I see that our cruise went down a lot. I call carnival and they will not speak to me, refer me to call my agent. When I ask my agent they say it's not possibly to get the difference in OBC or refunded. Can I get your feedback on this. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have booked through a 3rd party such as a TA, no Carnival will not talk to you. You have to do everything through the TA. As far as price drops after final payment, you can only get them if you are booked early saver and find a qualifying one. If you have booked any other rate, no price drops after the final payment due date. Do you know what rate you booked and what your final payment due date is? When is your cruise?

I booked through a travel agent and I see that our cruise went down a lot. I call carnival and they will not speak to me, refer me to call my agent. When I ask my agent they say it's not possibly to get the difference in OBC or refunded. Can I get your feedback on this. Thanks!

If you are booked early saver you can get obc for up to 2 days before your cruise,

If not booked early saver the best you can do is upgrade to a better cabin

Bill

Sent from Iphone 6 using Cruise Critic App

If you did not book Early Saver, check with your TA to see if you are eligible for an upgrade. If the price difference is substantial, maybe you can upgrade for nothing out of pocket.

FWIW, I don't book with TA's for this reason, and I used to be one, before 9/11.

You have ZERO control over your booking.

I book everything right on their website. If I see a price drop, I call. No need to depend on a TA, who may not be available, and then lose it.

Not worth it.

Carnival's site is very user friendly.

Keep us updated on the upgrade, and good luck!!!!!:D

I book with a TA. I don't understand why people say you have no control over your booking. You can tell them to do what you need to be done. IF you have questions, they should be able to properly answer. Have never had any trouble working with my TA. I've also booked on my own. Just as easy and maybe will save some time, but I've gotten most of my answers here regarding price drops!:p That's why I know all about them. CC is on point with price drop info!:)

I'm wanting to say that it wasn't a ESR cause final pymt was due. It went down 400!

If you are saying final payment was due when you booked, you definitely weren't Early Saver. No price protection.

Roll of the dice... prices can always go lower once we make a purchase. They can just as easily go up.

Edited by KevInPitt
typo

We booked through a TA for our Christmas cruise on the Victory. At the time we did not do ES. After final payment Carnival had a sale and the price dropped. I had our agent call Carnival and we ended up with a 2 level upgrade plus over $400 in OBC. Since we are so close to sail they wouldn't refund fare. At the initial booking the discount we wanted wasn't available. At the price drop it was.

Today I called about another drop and we were offered another upgrade but we have 3 balcony cabins together so I didn't want to split them up. The price difference was only $20. Not a big deal for me.

Our TA was very persistent in finding a deal for us.

We did book ES I called my TA yesterday about price drop. She informed me today that my credit card will be credited $250.00. Not the $400 difference that I found our booking to be. It is because of a admin fee and the Canadian $. I will take $250.00 though no problem :)

If you did not book Early Saver, check with your TA to see if you are eligible for an upgrade. If the price difference is substantial, maybe you can upgrade for nothing out of pocket.

FWIW, I don't book with TA's for this reason, and I used to be one, before 9/11.

I book everything right on their website. If I see a price drop, I call. No need to depend on a TA, who may not be available, and then lose it.

Not worth it.

It wouldn't have made any difference if the OP booked through a TA or not if it wasn't booked ESA. Granted, if ESA is booked and you are eligible for a price drop, you can fill out the form yourself, whereas I have to ask TA to make the changes, but the OBC I get from the TA makes it worth my time to call him.

My understanding now is that you can't call to get the ESA lower prices unless you have submitted the form and gotten a rejection. I am not booked on ESA for my upcoming trip, so I am going by what has been posted on CC. Many have said they have gotten rejections and have to call the number on the rejection notice, so they are doing more work than I am by just calling the TA.

We all have different ideas as to how we want to do things and that's why there are still TA's and other ways to book. To each his/her own.

Edited by katiel53

We did book ES I called my TA yesterday about price drop. She informed me today that my credit card will be credited $250.00. Not the $400 difference that I found our booking to be. It is because of a admin fee and the Canadian $. I will take $250.00 though no problem :)

That's cool that you got $250.

Is the administrative fee from your travel agent? if so did they divulge this information when you booked?

Bill

That's cool that you got $250.

Is the administrative fee from your travel agent? if so did they divulge this information when you booked?

Bill

My TA actually got us a savings of $310.00 Canadian savers rate. An admin. Fee of $67.00 I am not going to worry about. I am not sure if it's the TA, Transat Holidays or Carnival I am a happy camper/cruiser lol

The rate you booked has nothing to do with your final payment due date. You need to call your TA and ask what rate you are booked under. If it is early saver and your final payment date hasn't arrived yet, you can match to the guarantee rate.

Yeah, it kind of does. If the OP's total amount was due at the time of booking, that means she did not book Early Saver because it would be too close to the sailing date.

We booked under the Military rate. I just called our PVP to make final payment. He told me that our final payment due date is Dec 18th. If the price drops before that time and we have already paid in full, we will get OBC. Has anyone had this happen before. I've always thought that as soon as you paid in full, you were locked in at that price.

We booked under the Military rate. I just called our PVP to make final payment. He told me that our final payment due date is Dec 18th. If the price drops before that time and we have already paid in full, we will get OBC. Has anyone had this happen before. I've always thought that as soon as you paid in full, you were locked in at that price.

Yes the pvp is correct. Even though you are paid in full there is nothing from stopping you from canceling and getting a full refund up until 12/18 unless you booked one of the rates that is nonrefundable.

Bill

Made my final payment last Friday-- due date is December 18th and I wanted it out of the way. Price came down on monday at 100.00 savings. So before final payment and I am entitled.

They refunded the money back to the card and told me I can not have OBC since final payment is not due yet. Made no sense to me either way

Just because you made the payment-- if it is not due-- you are still entitled to stuff

If you pay early, you still can get price drops up till final payment DUE DATE. We have received a price drop on each of our B2B cruises since our final payment date of 11/4 & 11/11. We are booked ES so we'll continue to get them till 2 days before we sail.

Our recent price drops were due to the Military Appreciation Sale, and we're still ES.

Edited by Sparky2

If booked Early Saver this is why it is always wise to take a snapshot of screen with the pricing and save it. More than once a re-fare has been submitted and than turned down because fare was not available by the time that early saver department got around to it. EVERY TIME I have e-mailed the snapshot to them after receiving the initial turn down they have approved the lower rate.

Not worth it.

Edited by SHayesShip