Eclipse Questions ? Ask Andy !

Andy

Andy, while onboard, you can always book a cruise, any cruise, that is similar to what you might book in the Caribbean. After the Caribbean schedule comes out, transfer your booking and all the perks to a cruise of your choice. That way, you retain your onboard booking OBC, plus receive some or all the 123Go incentives, depending on the category you book. ;) :)

We booked a couple of cruises onboard last month and I am fairly sure that the wording was that you get the obc immediately on the current cruise plus you can add 1 of the 123go offers for the cruise you are booking.

The OBC can be applied during a current cruise, or saved for a future cruise. ;)

Thank you Iamthesea. Are you certain that you would receive the booking onboard OBC, and the current 123 Go promo when booking onboard ? It would be great if that were the case !

I am not certain, but have read on these boards that people that booked onboard are receiving both the OBC (for onboard bookings) and also being able to combine with one other promo. In this case, that promo is the 123Go Inclusive. Those that have already booked a cruise onboard are changing their reservation to receive the 123Go and being allowed to keep their OBC.

I know that the time we booked onboard, we received the OBC incentive and the current (at that time) 123 or PYP.

Remember that the sail dates only go through April 2016, however.

Edited by Iamthesea

A transpacific ending in Australia on Connie late 2016 would be great for me. Come to that so would the same on Solstice as long as it had a pacific islands to link to for a B2B.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

just off reflection last week. Booked 8 night Norway on Eclipse and got Drinks package, Free gratuities, and a generous OBC. We were asked if we wanted 250 of the obc for the current cruise or for the Norway trip. We opted for the Norway trip as we already had a good credit.

A transpacific ending in Australia on Connie late 2016 would be great for me. Come to that so would the same on Solstice as long as it had a pacific islands to link to for a B2B.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

It looks like the Connie will be headed to Australia via the Suez canal with multiple cruises out of Abu Dhabi on the way in late 2016 / early 2017.

Hi Everyone,

I'm sailing on Celebrity Eclipse on Sunday, and can't wait to be onboard this beautiful ship once again, for 2 weeks in the Caribbean. If you have any questions about the ship, please post your questions on this thread. As always, I will try my very best to obtain answers.

I also plan to post updates from the ship on here, and on Twitter - as long as the internet cooperates. I hope you'll follow me. Thanks very much !

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear about your Aunt & Uncle:(

Will you be heading up the Meet & Mingle like you did earlier this year on the Century? That was fun:)

Dawn & Eric will be onboard.

Have a wonderful cruise - Tom

Hi Andy

We will be interested to hear if Miami is any better than Port Everglades for disembarking. Embarkation is usually fine unless you have to be first on the ship. The only bad one we have had is in Vancouver due to US Customs.

We were on the Reflection two weeks ago.

Also sails out of Miami.

Disembarkation was probably the easiest of my 98 Celebrity cruises.

Absolutely NO line at customs.

I was shocked:confused:

just off reflection last week. Booked 8 night Norway on Eclipse and got Drinks package, Free gratuities, and a generous OBC. We were asked if we wanted 250 of the obc for the current cruise or for the Norway trip. We opted for the Norway trip as we already had a good credit.

We were on the Reflection two weeks ago and they were offering a current cruise OBC, future cruise OBC, free gratuities AND beverage package if one booked Concierge or above:)

Thank you Iamthesea. Are you certain that you would receive the booking onboard OBC, and the current 123 Go promo when booking onboard ? It would be great if that were the case !

You are right, (assuming you'd get both promos for booking onboard)... that it makes sense to book anything, and move them as soon as the Caribbean schedule is announced. I'm wondering how much will change, as it seems (if you connect the dots) that Constellation won't be in Florida for the 2016/2017 Winter deployment. This means November 2016 until April 2017 in case anyone is wondering.

Either way, I will be sure to find out what the onboard sales folks are currently offering.

We were just on the Summit, I booked two cruises I specifically don't intend to take to move to new itineraries when they open in December. The lady I booked with confirmed I could do that and all the onboard booking benefits would move with it. She did say that if you book 2 weeks and move down to 1, obviously the OBC gets reduced, etc. I tried to book two cruises similar to what I want to move to and booked the category of room we normally book, so that the move should be easy. I have done this before and was able to keep all the onboard booking benefits, but that was before the 123 Go deal was added on board, but she assured me it works the same.

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear about your Aunt & Uncle:(

Will you be heading up the Meet & Mingle like you did earlier this year on the Century? That was fun:)

Dawn & Eric will be onboard.

Have a wonderful cruise - Tom

Hi Tom,

Yes, I will be attending the Meet & Mingle - I never miss 'em :) . We're very disappointed that My Uncle and Aunt are unable to cruise. They always look forward to being onboard, and we cherish our time together. Hopefully, they will join us for one of our Celebrity sailings in early 2015.

Looking forward to seeing Eric & Dawn onboard Eclipse. Wish you were joining us. Have a great time on Connie.

Also sails out of Miami.

Glad to hear Tom. Keeping fingers crossed that we'll have a similar experience !

Also sails out of Miami.

I will be on the Reflection in March. Could you give a timeline for your disembarkation, please? We normally choose self-embarkation. ;)

Host Andy, thanks for your timely reply and good advice. We are leaving for Miami on January 2, 2015 so we are really counting the days! Happy Cruising and have a great Thanksgiving.

Love the Eclipse so much we are taking the same 14 day cruise we took last year. It has. Few different stops which is great. See you on Sunday.

Hi Andy ~

I've read several posts over the last several months that indicate that Bistro on 5 may no longer be open for lunch on embarkation day. Can you let me know what you find when you board? This has become a tradition for us at the start of each cruise, so my fingers are crossed that it's just one of those nasty rumors!!

Have a wonderful cruise!

Julie

Hi Andy ~

I've read several posts over the last several months that indicate that Bistro on 5 may no longer be open for lunch on embarkation day. Can you let me know what you find when you board? This has become a tradition for us at the start of each cruise, so my fingers are crossed that it's just one of those nasty rumors!!

Have a wonderful cruise!

Julie

Hi Julie,

We enjoy Bistro on Five as well. Will be sure to check it out. Stay Tuned !

I will be on the Reflection in March. Could you give a timeline for your disembarkation, please? We normally choose self-embarkation. ;)

Hi Iamthesea,

I will be happy to provide our disembark details, but we will not be doing self-disembark. We need all the help we can get :)

Have a wonderful time on Reflection !

We did the self walk off but waited until 30-45 minutes after the announced start time for it. The elevators on the ship were so crowded we ended up walking down the two decks with our luggage, but once in the terminal it was smooth sailing:)

We did the self walk off but waited until 30-45 minutes after the announced start time for it. The elevators on the ship were so crowded we ended up walking down the two decks with our luggage, but once in the terminal it was smooth sailing:)

Thank you...that's very helpful! :)

Hi Andy. We will be boarding the Eclipse on January 4 and want to take advantage of getting the OBC for booking on board and the 123Go All Incl. However, that promo ends on Jan 4. Do you know if the future cruise desk is open on embarkation day so we can do this? If you could find out I would really appreciate it. Thanks a lot

Hi Andy. We will be boarding the Eclipse on January 4 and want to take advantage of getting the OBC for booking on board and the 123Go All Incl. However, that promo ends on Jan 4. Do you know if the future cruise desk is open on embarkation day so we can do this? If you could find out I would really appreciate it. Thanks a lot

Yes the desk is open on embarkation day. Hours will be printed in the Celebrity Today. This was the case on my Summit sailing in August/September and May.

Hi Goldfish1111,

I believe the future cruise desk should be open the first night of the cruise. I will be happy to check their schedule tomorrow, and I'll also ask if they are always open on Day 1 of the cruise.

Hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Andy, while onboard, you can always book a cruise, any cruise, that is similar to what you might book in the Caribbean. After the Caribbean schedule comes out, transfer your booking and all the perks to a cruise of your choice. That way, you retain your onboard booking OBC, plus receive some or all the 123Go incentives, depending on the category you book. ;) :)

Can I just point out that this does not apply to the UK. There is a £75 pp charge to change to another cruise unless the rules have changed recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Everyone,

I have copied your excellent questions, and they are ready to go. As always, I will try my very best to obtain answers while onboard Celebrity Eclipse.

We're headed to the Port of Miami soon. Please stay tuned for updates on my "Live From Celebrity Eclipse" thread : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130646

Thanks very much !

Edited by Host Andy