Sale and a 4J category!

junglecat

Ok, someone pat my back, dry my tears and reassure me it will all be alright! We've booked a 4J category and the sales and price drops are killing me. It's my understanding the only way we'll get the price drop is if someone cancels! Right now the room is down over $500! A balcony room is less that what we paid for this room. My DD keeps telling me it will be worth it, Mom! Someone please agree with her.

Ok, someone pat my back, dry my tears and reassure me it will all be alright! We've booked a 4J category and the sales and price drops are killing me. It's my understanding the only way we'll get the price drop is if someone cancels! Right now the room is down over $500! A balcony room is less that what we paid for this room. My DD keeps telling me it will be worth it, Mom! Someone please agree with her.

Why don't you call and see if you can upgrade to a balcony room?

It's crossed our minds, but DD insists we need to try this type of room. "They don't sell out for nothing mom" is what she tells us.

She is wrong. They sell out fast because there are only a few of them. We have stayed in them twice. Depending on the ship, most 4J's do not even have a sofa.

Did you book Early Saver?

It's crossed our minds, but DD insists we need to try this type of room. "They don't sell out for nothing mom" is what she tells us.

IMO, they sell out because they're basically an ocean view at an interior price. And the bathrooms are GIANT.

IMO, they sell out because they're basically an ocean view at an interior price. And the bathrooms are GIANT.

Did you have the HC 4J.? I know these are giant, but the standard 4J are the same as any other cabin we have ever had

Edited by susie8862
bbbbb

I just got off the Valor this past Sunday; tried the 4J for the first time. I had been wanting to try this mainly because of interior pricing but with a window and the "secret deck" right outside.

Yes, because there are so few, they sell out quickly and if you booked Early Saver you don't get any price drops unless at least one is available and they drop that price.

I am happy to have at least tried this category, but I would NOT book one ever again for personal reasons. What are those reasons?

1. I'm short---so I had a really hard time seeing over that higher-than-normal solid wall deck railing. Regular balcony would have been much better.

2. I'm very arthritic----so had a very difficult time with all the walking from the very front of the ship. Not sure why they assigned all of our group (friends and friends of friends--10--and all in forward cabins) to the very back dining room. That's a very very long walk for someone with walking difficulties.

Agree with the others----if you booked Early Saver, and the price of a balcony in a location you think you would like is lower than your 4J, I personally would call Carnival and ask to be upgraded to the balcony. With the lower price, you may even end up with some OBC :)

Friday the 13th, no she is not footing the bill nor were we doing this for our kids! It came highly recommend by her as she's had this type of room before. She thought that we would enjoy it as well. Besides selling out and being billed as a "secret they don't tell you about" we went with her recommendation.

I just got off of the phone with our PVP. He can indeed get us into a balcony room with money remaining. Over $100 left over! Apparently during this 35 hour sale, the prices has dropped quite a bit. I was excited so that I didn't ask if that meant OBC or a refund. My guess is they have our money they will keep our money. Either way is good for me and my wallet.

Thank you all for your help and support. I just wasn't sure what to do and how you all felt about this type of room (4J). I guess it will have to wait for another time for us to experience.

Friday the 13th, no she is not footing the bill nor were we doing this for our kids! It came highly recommend by her as she's had this type of room before. She thought that we would enjoy it as well. Besides selling out and being billed as a "secret they don't tell you about" we went with her recommendation.

I just got off of the phone with our PVP. He can indeed get us into a balcony room with money remaining. Over $100 left over! Apparently during this 35 hour sale, the prices has dropped quite a bit. I was excited so that I didn't ask if that meant OBC or a refund. My guess is they have our money they will keep our money. Either way is good for me and my wallet.

Thank you all for your help and support. I just wasn't sure what to do and how you all felt about this type of room (4J). I guess it will have to wait for another time for us to experience.

YIPEEEEEE.....congrats congrats congrats.

You are going to be sooooo happy with your decision. I see you are going on the Conquest, so I looked up the REAL actual pictures of 4J. Sooooo tiny. No couch. Just like we had on the Glory. You are going to love the extra room, the sofa, and the amazing balcony.

We had friends that had 4J for on our Liberty cruise. I was able to see their cabin. While it was nice to be close to that secret deck..... there was also an increased amount of movement. So much so, that for someone like myself that is sensitive to motion, it would be a deal breaker.

Just wanted to mention this in case you or anyone in your family is prone to motion sickness.

You definitely did the right thing. A 4J is a great deal over an interior or even an OV (because of it's proximity to the 'secret deck') but not over a balcony. And it's a long walk to the elevators and to any food, if you're in the fwd cabins.

I had to get room service every morning just have enough energy to get to breakfast. :D