Heads Up : Cyber Sale Beginning November 28th

Andy

As our UK MD, Richard Twynam, stated earlier in the year, "similar to airlines and many other products offers are not always the same around the world and are tailored to market circumstances.

The UK and other markets have taken the decision not to replicate the US Cyber Sale, as this is traditionally linked to Black Friday, which is a US after-Thanksgiving tradition. Similarly the UK already has a fantastic Double Upgrade campaign and its own $400 onboard credit offer for Summer 2015 sailings which has been running for 3 weeks either via Azamara UK or your local travel agent (UK) and expires on 30 November.

The current pricing is very strong, and prices are checked daily. The Double Upgrade campaign will end on 24 Dec, and Azamara UK's New Year promotion, will start on Boxing Day."

If anyone would like to raise this directly with Azamara UK, please email: rtwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com

As our UK MD, Richard Twynam, stated earlier in the year, "similar to airlines and many other products offers are not always the same around the world and are tailored to market circumstances.

The UK and other markets have taken the decision not to replicate the US Cyber Sale, as this is traditionally linked to Black Friday, which is a US after-Thanksgiving tradition. Similarly the UK already has a fantastic Double Upgrade campaign and its own $400 onboard credit offer for Summer 2015 sailings which has been running for 3 weeks either via Azamara UK or your local travel agent (UK) and expires on 30 November.

The current pricing is very strong, and prices are checked daily. The Double Upgrade campaign will end on 24 Dec, and Azamara UK's New Year promotion, will start on Boxing Day."

If anyone would like to raise this directly with Azamara UK, please email: rtwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com

Accept the points made, not going to compare the relative value of the various offers, but it might have been helpful if when helping those from the UK get registered for email etc there had been some caveat that the limitations on the benefits of the cyber sale had been flagged up. It was because so much attention was being given to help UK based guests be registered that I had wrongly assumed there was a benefit in the cyber sale for us

Edited by uktog

Accept the points made, not going to compare the relative value of the various offers, but it might have been helpful if when helping those from the UK get registered for email etc there had been some caveat that the limitations on the benefits of the cyber sale had been flagged up. It was because so much attention was being given to help UK based guests be registered that I had wrongly assumed there was a benefit in the cyber sale for us

It isn't strictly UK based guests having issues getting registered. The exact same issues are affecting US and most probably guests world wide. With a little help I was able to get the list of cruises that the specials apply to thru the help of a helping fellow passenger and with the limited specials, the need to be a new booker for one of those limited cruises and the usual cruises with specials are those not selling well for whatever reason was not impressed with the offerings so not a loss for anyone.

By the way, working directly with Nicole in the Club Office and she says that she is determined to get to the bottom of the problem to help EVERYONE and not just the Brits. It is a universal problem so no one is being singled out.

I may be the Lone Ranger here, but I honestly don't think that a $500 OBC on a selected list of cruises is anything to get hyped over; and it's really not enough to cause someone to leave a cruise line that they like. I have my first Azamara cruise booked for that sold-out cruise in Sept 2016, so I can in no way be called a cheerleader; I haven't even decided for sure that I will be onboard that cruise. It will/would be my first solo cruise and I'm still thinking about it. All to say, if I really want that cruise, $500 wouldn't cause me to cancel it.

I am kind of disappointed to see what this "super sale" actually is. I'm learning as I go, my experience is with Regent. But I think it's underwhelming enough that it wouldn't cause a blip on my radar.

Azamara should become aware that although Thanksgiving is a US-only holiday [and Canadian, albeit celebrated on the wrong day ;)], the idea of Black Friday is spreading:

http://online.wsj.com/articles/u-k-retailers-embrace-black-friday-1416928383?KEYWORDS=uk+black+friday

I have accepted that pricing in various markets may differ.

HOWEVER When I phoned from Australia to book a cruise with Azamara I ended up taking to reservations in GUATEMALA and the lack of knowledge on current offers was frustrating.

Looks as though I will go back to Holland America and Princess or try Oceania.

Cannot but agree with comments re pricing, discounts and special offers being offered to American customers but not to British, European and Australian guests who invariable frequent the more expensive and longer cruises. One only has to look at the discounts being offered to a myriad of occupations (see VactoGo) when all including the office dog seem to qualify, yet none are offered to non american guests who often seem to be the only ones on board paying non occupation related prices, or even cheaper interline rates.

Sadly Azamara are being overtaken by more imaginative cruises, offers, and prices being aggressively marketed in the UK by Oceania, Regent,MSC Y.C., Celebrity and others, on more up to date and roomier ships, missing out only on the superb staff that Azamara have on both ships, and but for whom the Azamara brand would be dead in the water.

Time to waken up to the new reality from the passenger point of view, sharpen up the act, stop treating loyal guests with apparent disdain by lengthy charters, changes of itinerary, repetitive and unchanging entertainment, menus,and poor loyalty benefits and come out fighting.

This from a very loyal and oft repeat Azamara customer, but sadly it is becoming harder to ignore the rest.