# of kids on ship????

vent1020

We will be on the Dawn the week after Thanksgiving November 30th. I know with the holidays there tends to me more(A LOT more) kids during Thanksgiving and RIGHT around Christmas.(for Christmas break) but can anyone give me a rough estimate(and I understand that is all it is) of how many kids to expect when we sail. We have a 3 year old and an 8 year old and I had heard if the kids club wasn't crowded they tend to merge the groups. My brother is also going and has a 13 year old that my 8 year old hangs out with sometimes.

Any knowledge of this would be great. Thanks in advance.

We go every year out of New Orleans the week after your cruise. Last year there were about 90 in the kids club, but the HD said the week following ours was about 600 or more! There will be some time when they are all together.

Thank you. This is what I was looking for. :)

Thanks for the other responses also.

I will guess there will be around 150-250 kids on board and that most will be very young- non school or early school age. There are no days off that week and it coming after a week kids just had a 1/2 week of school. It is an unlikely week to take kids out of school

Thank you and that's what I had figured. My 8 year old is SUPER shy and I was hoping maybe with less kids, more attention could be paid towards him from the workers in the kids club with less kids being there. BUT, maybe because there are less kids there, there are LESS workers in the kids club also. Guess we'll find out in 8 days. :D

Thank you and that's what I had figured. My 8 year old is SUPER shy and I was hoping maybe with less kids, more attention could be paid towards him from the workers in the kids club with less kids being there. BUT, maybe because there are less kids there, there are LESS workers in the kids club also. Guess we'll find out in 8 days. :D

We had 1500 kids on our cruise 2 weeks ago and even then they got tons of personal attention.

We were on Breakaway October 5-12 Florida and Bahamas with Great Stirrup Cay. It was a week with schools in session and we had over 400 children on board (our daughter included, we pulled her from school for the week) and she had a blast in kids club. She said the younger groups joined together for about an hour or so each day, but the teens only joined the younger ones for the Fashion Show.

img014_zps8df27d82.jpg

img015_zps1e81f511.jpg

We're on the Getaway leaving tomorrow. We called ahead to try and pre-book the kids club and were told the past week (ship that comes back tomorrow) has 1,000 kids onboard. Our cruise (leaving tomorrow), has 375. I think the week of the holiday is packed with kids but shoulder weeks shouldnt be too bad.

We will be on the Dawn the week after Thanksgiving November 30th. I know with the holidays there tends to me more(A LOT more) kids during Thanksgiving and RIGHT around Christmas.(for Christmas break) but can anyone give me a rough estimate(and I understand that is all it is) of how many kids to expect when we sail. We have a 3 year old and an 8 year old and I had heard if the kids club wasn't crowded they tend to merge the groups. My brother is also going and has a 13 year old that my 8 year old hangs out with sometimes.

There should not be many kids at all starting this weekend, and yes, they do, on rare occassions merge, but I don't think they are going to put the 3 year old and 8 year old together. Of course i could be wrong. You never know, as for the 8 versus 13, again, that is a big age difference. Remember people are more inclined to take kids out of school for a week here and there, plus a lot of kids are home schooled, so expect there to be enough kids that they will not merge and be happy if they do.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I think the Kids sail free promos NCL have been running lately have made a difference in family bookings. I know that is why I booked!

Yes - love it!

It will be interesting to see how many kids are on the Sun the week after New Years. Most kids will be back in class.

I have been searching everywhere for this answer.... maybe some of you here can help me with the right answer.

We will be on the Star on December 7th. I would like to leave my 7 and 4 year old on the ship on Port days while I go and do high adventure activities with my older kids. I understand that there is a lunching fee for Port Play and I am fine with that.

Is Port Play available to everyone, or are we only eligible to leave our kids if we are on a ship sponsored shore excursion? We are hoping to just get off and explore on our own and won't be booking excursions at most ports.

Thanks for any help!

23 or 26

We sail the 13th of Dec on the Gem out of NY and we received an email sometime ago that they are expecting a lot of kids during our cruise so check in my take longer than usual for the kids clubs. I have never received an email stating that on any of my prior cruises. We booked "kids free" also this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the Breakaway last week and there were 800 kids on board, full sailing. I think the Kids sail free promos NCL have been running lately have made a difference in family bookings. I know that is why I booked!

Can you tell me where you find the " kids book free" deals. Im a family of five and wow my cruise wasnt cheap. My eldest is counted as adult fare and my two younger are 12 and 10.. Our first family cruise is this spring break 2015 and i plan on doing more cruising but if i can save, even on one child that would bee great!!

Can you tell me where you find the " kids book free" deals. Im a family of five and wow my cruise wasnt cheap. My eldest is counted as adult fare and my two younger are 12 and 10.. Our first family cruise is this spring break 2015 and i plan on doing more cruising but if i can save, even on one child that would bee great!!

We booked kids sail free also... I got an email from NCL of the alert. It's not just for kids. It's for any passengers #'s 3-6. Not sure if they have them a certain time of year. But, keep an eye out and keep checking their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums