Venice and Wheeled Luggage

Sunviking

If they actually would think to enforce this, the hotels away from a canal drop off will scream. They would be the ones losing tourist business.

Perhaps rubber wheeled wagons that will be in stands, like in airports.... Hotel staff sent to meet and greet with luggage carriers? Solutions will be needed.

There's a lot more than cruisers visiting.

Edited by eandj

OMG! What's next? Banning airline traffic over the city because it's too noisy? We will be in Venice in May 2015. Can't imagine any hotel that's not next to the train station or a Vaporetto stop putting up with this stupid idea. Bet dollars to donuts that this goes nowhere. Can't see the local government potentially losing $$ over some whiners. I guess they don't understand what drives their economy.:p:p:p

These are the same people who banned large cruise ships from docking in Venice.

I think we'll be staying in Mestre in the future. In Mestre I can wheel my luggage anywhere I want. It's a very short and economical train or bus ride to Venice.

I agree, that is definitely the better option. I wonder how they are going to restock stores. Those huge carts that they roll up and down the streets have to do a lot more damage than wheeled suitcases.

Venice needs a plan if they do implement this. NO ONE is going to buy new luggage just to take to Venice. The article talks about the luggage wheels waking them up, Really? Most visitors DO NOT arrive in Venice late at night I would think. Also all the boats don't wake people up? They awoke me! If Venice doesn't wants tourists, this is one sure way to eliminate them.

We always stay in Mestre pre cruise. Easy to get to the ship and when we explore

Venice we have no luggage. This law is no joke, Venice just banned large cruise ships from

sailing the Grand Canal. They are not worried about tourism because they know tourists

will still come to the city.