Neptune Lounge

jjs217

Our Westerdam cruises, the Suite Welcome Party was always in Crows Nest. When we did Collectors, we were invited both cruises. The parties always used to be 7:15 - 8 P.M. but in the last few years, they made them 15 minutes shorter. :)

Edited by sail7seas

Our Westerdam cruises, the Suite Welcome Party was always in Crows Nest. When we did Collectors, we were invited both cruises. The parties always used to be 7:15 - 8 P.M. but in the last few years, they made them 15 minutes shorter. :)

The Suite Welcome parties we attended were in the Neptune Lounge. But the Captain and officers cocktail party was in a section of the Crow's Nest. Two different events - perhaps I have the wrong label on them.

Edited by Lizzie68

The Suite Welcome parties we attended were in the Neptune Lounge. But the Captain and officers cocktail party was in a section of the Crow's Nest. Two different events - perhaps I have the wrong label on them.

It probably varies by who is Captain and Hotel Director but both of those parties were held in Crows Nest the cruises we enjoyed on Westerdam.

They held the party on open deck? Wow...... I've never seen Suite Welcome Party held outside. Interesting.

I've been to one vip party where they did the same thing. It was on the Noordam in February 2013. It was lovely and it remains one of my favorite memories aboard a ship. I missed the vip party on the NA. I was so disappointed but I felt too lousy to go.

Edited by cruz chic

I've been to one vip party where they did the same thing. It was on the Noordam in February 2013. It was lovely and it remains one of my favorite memories aboard a ship. I missed the vip party on the NA. I was so disappointed but I felt too lousy to go.

Sounds like it was quite special. We never had the chance to experience that. :)

Sounds like it was quite special. We never had the chance to experience that. :)

We were sailing between islands so we were going super slow. It was a beautifully warm night. Coming from the snow belt I find it especially nice. I hope to repeat the experince some day.

For the Last couple of years all our Suite Welcome Parties have been from 7:30 - 8 PM.

On the Nieuw Amsterdam only new passengers were invited -- that happened both times we were on the ship -- November 2013 and March/April 2014 -- Collector Cruises.

I used to like when they (rarely) had Suite Welcome Aboard party in Piano Bar on the "S" ships. It was just the right size bar/room. Intimate party and very comfortable. Of course, those were the days before MIX.

Just off Westerdam yesterday. VIP was held on embarkation day at 7:30 in Crow's Nest. By the time I saw the notice, it was the next day. Ridiculous to hold it on the first day.

At least they have one. Got nothing from princess for being in a full suite.

At least they have one. Got nothing from princess for being in a full suite.

You're right. And this coming from someone who has almost 1000 days and 75 cruises with Princess.

BTW, error on my preceding post. Meeting was in Pinnacle Bar, not Crow's Nest; with captain and hotel director. Saw hotel guy while disembarking and told him we didn't come to meet him because of the inconvenience of first day. He said "see you next time." hahaha :rolleyes:

Just off Westerdam yesterday. VIP was held on embarkation day at 7:30 in Crow's Nest. By the time I saw the notice, it was the next day. Ridiculous to hold it on the first day.

VIP parties are not held on the first evening of the cruise. It is held later in the cruise.

Sounds like you were either in the PS or a Neptune Suite. On about 99 percent of the itineraries the "Welcome Aboard" suite cocktail is held on the first evening of the cruise from 7:30 - 8 PM.

VIP parties are not held on the first evening of the cruise. It is held later in the cruise.

Sounds like you were either in the PS or a Neptune Suite. On about 99 percent of the itineraries the "Welcome Aboard" suite cocktail is held on the first evening of the cruise from 7:30 - 8 PM.

Sorry. Since this thread was Neptune Lounge I assumed everyone was talking about the suite party. Yes, we had a Neptune Suite and I still think it's dumb to hold this on the first night. The party for everyone who has ever traveled with HAL; that we didn't attend. No reason to as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry. Since this thread was Neptune Lounge I assumed everyone was talking about the suite party. Yes, we had a Neptune Suite and I still think it's dumb to hold this on the first night. The party for everyone who has ever traveled with HAL; that we didn't attend. No reason to as far as I'm concerned.

Not everyone gets invited to the vip parties. You may be confusing this with the Mariners brunch or the captains welcome.

I don't think it ridiculous. In the great many HAL cruises we have taken and stayed in Neptune Suite, there always was an invitation to the Suite Welcome Aboard Party on the counter or bed when we arrived in our cabin. Out of more than 80 cruises, I can only remember one time the Suite Welcome was anytime BUT the embarkation night. Captain was needed on the bridge for sailaway so they ran the party the next morning which was a sea day.

They put all information, notices and invitations in your cabin, they put your name on it...... they can't make you read it. The point of the Suite Welcome is to Welcome us aboard. When should they run it.... half way through the cruise? :D If a seven day cruise, there's not a lot of time to waste. It is chance to meet the Officers and your fellow suite guests.

I guess the point is you should read your mail. :)

Edited by sail7seas