P&O and Princess loyalty point recognition

Jo and Rob

I was wondering why our cruises on P&O have helped us gain Platinum status on Princess but the cruises we have taken on Princess do not count at all towards the loyalty status on P&O!

We are looking forward to our cruise on Britannia at Easter but will miss the perks as we are only the basic Pacific Tier on P&O despite taking 3 cruises on P&O.

It might be some historical reason because apparently P&O used to own Princess in the distant past.

I am quite happy about it as on my first Princess cruise next year I will be elite status because of my P&O cruises. :D

There are reports that Carnival are considering introducing a group wide loyalty scheme. An opportunity to reduce the perks maybe :(

I was wondering why our cruises on P&O have helped us gain Platinum status on Princess but the cruises we have taken on Princess do not count at all towards the loyalty status on P&O!

We are looking forward to our cruise on Britannia at Easter but will miss the perks as we are only the basic Pacific Tier on P&O despite taking 3 cruises on P&O.

P&O used to give you 50% points for any Princess cruise but this ceased a few years ago when their new Peninsular club started.

Not sure of the exact date but I would have thought that your 2010 Crown Princess cruise might have qualified, but since P&O now only show your P&O cruises it's difficult to know, unless you add up your P&O cruise nights and multiply by 10, to see if it agrees with your loyalty points total.

Thats just the way it is Jo. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me though.

We have finally got to Elite with Princess due to taking a 47 day world cruise sector on Aurora last year but we are not very high up the loyalty ladder with P&O as we have only been on 3 P&O cruises although we have been on 11 Princess cruises. Just wish they were counted with P&O

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Dorset Cruiser

It might be some historical reason because apparently P&O used to own Princess in the distant past.

I am quite happy about it as on my first Princess cruise next year I will be elite status because of my P&O cruises. :D

There are reports that Carnival are considering introducing a group wide loyalty scheme. An opportunity to reduce the perks maybe :(

I may be wrong but you used get the benefits from your P&O cruises after your first Princess cruise. This happened with us when we first went over to Princess.

I may be wrong but you used get the benefits from your P&O cruises after your first Princess cruise. This happened with us when we first went over to Princess.

Not anymore they give you CC status just by registering with them.

We had our third cruise with Princess this summer and we delighted to find that we were Elite status because of our cruises with P & O and the perks were absolutely superb.

We booked a late deal at £50 per night and were still able to choose our cabin and dining time....we had priority check in and were taken to security.... and when we boarded around noon our cabin was ready for us.

We had 200 mins free internet, canapes on formal nights, fresh fruit in the cabin, free laundry and dry cleaning, 10% discount in the shops, priority tender embarkation and a special lounge to wait in before disembarkation......I repeat we have done three cruises with Princess and over half a dozen with P & O where we are Mediterranean tier and get none of the above!!!!:confused:

It's just a shame that Princess don't do that many cruises out of Southampton or else we would cruise with them more than we do.

Princess Elite perks are great. The free laundry is in my mind the best.

Unfortunately they don`t do charter flights to the Caribbean anymore so we are back with P&O, doing our own laundry. :(

Think the free laundry will be one of the first perks to go as they are inundated on some sailings. Its the one perk I would never take up - had too many items spoiled in the ship laundry. Much rather do my own if necessary 😄

Jo and Rob,

Are you still doing the video blogs. I remember enjoying them in the past.

We will definitely be filming a lot on our next cruise on Britannia as it will only be her second cruise. I'm not sure if we do a live from because of the internet charges.

We will definitely be filming a lot on our next cruise on Britannia as it will only be her second cruise. I'm not sure if we do a live from because of the internet charges.

I will look out for it.:)

Not sure I know what I am doing, but here goes ! I am interested in the Arcadia , next year. I have seen it advertised from San Francisco to Sydney next Jan 31st, or thereabouts, anyone got any info as to prices Etc?

I have just got off Royal Caribbean , Voyager of the Seas, Singapore to Sydney, after the refit. Met cruise critic people, and so here I am. A few hiccups as you would expect after a refer, but on the whole not too bad, some problems with meals ordered in the dining rooms, but nothing major. ? Happy cruising.

Not sure I know what I am doing, but here goes ! I am interested in the Arcadia , next year. I have seen it advertised from San Francisco to Sydney next Jan 31st, or thereabouts, anyone got any info as to prices Etc?

I have just got off Royal Caribbean , Voyager of the Seas, Singapore to Sydney, after the refit. Met cruise critic people, and so here I am. A few hiccups as you would expect after a refer, but on the whole not too bad, some problems with meals ordered in the dining rooms, but nothing major. ? Happy cruising.

It has recently been advertised in UK for from £1999 (inside).

Its on their website today for about £500 dearer than with the TA advertising it in national press!

Well anything in a press advert is days out of date anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well anything in a press advert is days out of date anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Why would you say that? Been on the site in question and the quote WAS valid. If you don't know, and you don't because I did not say which company it was, why comment?