QUANTUM 3 day, pictures, thoughts and Compass

caneguy

Quantum of The Seas

This is a pictorial and mini review of my 3-day cruise on the new Quantum of the Seas from November 18-21.

First thoughts:

This ship is a beautiful and stunning ship, full of innovative ideas and venues that are just amazing. As I post the pictures from the different areas of the ship I will add my comments and thoughts.

SO here we go, and I hope you come along for the ride and enjoy the trip. I would truly like it that if you like this post, please, please post a like in the thread.

Getting on the ship is a breeze. It took less than 10 minutes from the time we dropped off our luggage to the time we entered the Royal Esplanade!!

There were numerous staff with I-Pads to check you in and off you went. Your ‘Sea Pass” card is inserted into a slot by your cabin door; the other card is inside your cabin with the “WOW” bands. BTW, the WOW bands are a great idea and are such a joy to use. Hats off the person who invented the WOW bands!!.

Our Cabin.

We had an ocean view balcony cabin 12222. The finish of the cabin was among the best I have had in a cabin of this category. The addition of multiple areas of outlets, like the one by the bed, USB charging ports at the desk, plenty of storage room, nice glass shower really increased the “feel” of the cabin

oceanbalconycabinatdock_zpsdfcd200f.jpg

Looking out while docked

oceanbalconycabinatdock2_zpsa6a76250.jpg

Another view

cabinviewatdock__zps06238152.jpg

Our view while docked at Cape Liberty

cabinlookingatentrance_zpsb98e70c2.jpg

View from the balcony side

cabindesk_zps7cb7da3b.jpg

Desk, notice the two outlets and USB ports!!

cabinbed_zps14ea7b45.jpg

Loved the reading lamps and outlet by the bed

Great cabin photos.

Visually appealing rooms, the decor looks awesome; the headboard, lamps, knobs, etc. All looks great. Some nice touches like the USB outlets. Do the nightstands have storage space? Where's all the desk area storage? :confused:

Was there enclosed storage space in the bathroom not shown in the photos? Where do you put toiletries so they are "away" or don't fall all over in rough seas? Glass tile back splash is a nice touch. Was there a clothesline and liquid soap pump in the shower? Glass door a great touch too.

The dresser and closets bracketing the sitting area seem to make it visually separated from sleeping area, a neat trick. I'm shocked that it looks like they didn't use LED lighting anywhere in the room to save energy (less power draw, put out a lot less heat, helping keep room cool). No space robbing table which is a bonus, but is there a hideaway table or try to use?

Great pics, thanks for sharing and looking forward to more photos of this quality of other parts of the ship.

Great cabin photos.

Visually appealing rooms, the decor looks awesome; the headboard, lamps, knobs, etc. All looks great. Some nice touches like the USB outlets. Do the nightstands have storage space? Where's all the desk area storage? :confused:

Was there enclosed storage space in the bathroom not shown in the photos? Where do you put toiletries so they are "away" or don't fall all over in rough seas? Glass tile back splash is a nice touch. Was there a clothesline and liquid soap pump in the shower? Glass door a great touch too.

The dresser and closets bracketing the sitting area seem to make it visually separated from sleeping area, a neat trick. I'm shocked that it looks like they didn't use LED lighting anywhere in the room to save energy (less power draw, put out a lot less heat, helping keep room cool). No space robbing table which is a bonus, but is there a hideaway table or try to use?

Great pics, thanks for sharing and looking forward to more photos of this quality of other parts of the ship.

I'll help the OP with some of this:

There are very small shelves (too small for even iPad mini to fit) on either side of the bed. There's no storage in the desk itself - to the left of the desk in the dresser is the mini-fridge (behind the right door) and drawers on the left.

In the bath there are shelves on the right not seen in the pic - also under the sink. The stabilizers on the ship keeps stuff from falling over (most of the time). No clothesline - just an extra hook in the shower. No pump soap -bar of soap and tubes of shampoo, conditioner and body wash - just like a hotel.

Those are LED lights - RCI made a big deal during the technology reveal (RCI claimed that there's not a single incandescent bulb on board).

No hideaway table - what you see is it.

Great cabin photos.

Just to add to Biker 19's post.

The table beneath the round mirror is free standing so you can pull that up to the sofa for room service meals.

If you are just having coffee we used the mini table from the balcony or if in an inside/OV the bedside cabinet is small enough to put by the sofa

Also those shelves in the bathroom do NOT keep things safe so don't put any items of glass on there. I spoke with a lady on the TA who lost an expensive bottle of perfume when the seas were rocky and she was from Miami corporate offices!

Great pics. Thanks for sharing your trip. I look forward to seeing more. I will miss quantum next summer but will be on liberty instead.

Did you stay in hotel the night before? How did you get to the port in the morning?

Hi,

We flew up the day of departure and then got a company to transfer us to the ship from LaGuardia. We went to LGA as that was a much earlier flight from Ft. Lauderdale than the one to Newark and I did not want to take a chance on a delay or cancelled flight.

Great pics & review! Looking forward to more.

Thanks for the post

I don't think we'll cruise on Q, your pictures are lovely

It is a great ship. I will cruise again on a Quantum class ship if they bring one to Florida

Great cabin photos.

Thanks for posting

I'll help the OP with some of this:

There are very small shelves (too small for even iPad mini to fit) on either side of the bed. There's no storage in the desk itself - to the left of the desk in the dresser is the mini-fridge (behind the right door) and drawers on the left.

In the bath there are shelves on the right not seen in the pic - also under the sink. The stabilizers on the ship keeps stuff from falling over (most of the time). No clothesline - just an extra hook in the shower. No pump soap -bar of soap and tubes of shampoo, conditioner and body wash - just like a hotel.

Those are LED lights - RCI made a big deal during the technology reveal (RCI claimed that there's not a single incandescent bulb on board).

No hideaway table - what you see is it.

Thank you Biker19 for the answers, some I did not know.

Great photos. Looking forward to seeing the rest

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, more to come...

Just to add to Biker 19's post.

The table beneath the round mirror is free standing so you can pull that up to the sofa for room service meals.

If you are just having coffee we used the mini table from the balcony or if in an inside/OV the bedside cabinet is small enough to put by the sofa

Also those shelves in the bathroom do NOT keep things safe so don't put any items of glass on there. I spoke with a lady on the TA who lost an expensive bottle of perfume when the seas were rocky and she was from Miami corporate offices!

Thanks heatherb1958 for the information. I also did not put anything on those shelves.

WINDJAMMER

I am not a big fan of the Windjammer from the previous cruises that I have taken. The layout of this one and the the samples of food that I had while taking the pictures changed my mind with respect to the Windjammer on Quantum. We had breakfast in the Windjammer and never had a problem finding seating for the 4 or 6 of us (depending on who made it for breakfast).

There is an omelette station at the rear of the Windjammer that will make made to oder omelettes, very good!!

SO for your viewing pleasure are some pictures of the Windjammer on the Quantum of the Seas.

Windjammer6_zps05e6cdd2.jpg

Windjammersalads2_zpsa3ab402b.jpg

Windjammersalads_zpsebc62496.jpg

Windjammersamplefoods2_zps080b6590.jpg

Windjammersamplefoods_zpsad2a84da.jpg

windjammerdeserts_zps6db5b9cc.jpg

Windjammer continued..

Windjammereyes_zps9b21a939.jpg

The eyes are on you as you enter the Windjammer so.....

Make sure you wash your hands before you enter. These sinks are located just outside the Windjammer so you have a choice either to use the Hand Sanitizer or wash your hands before you enter the Windjammer.

WashyourhandsinWIndjammer_zps6e635592.jpg