CSI: NA Reloaded (Nieuw Amsterdam 11/30 to 12/14/14)

POA1

Poa1, are in a connecting suite? Would you pretty please post a photo of lost closet/connecting door? Im in a connecting SC to an SA on the Westerdam. I'm dreading the lack of closet space now and my sister's tongue lashing (which I know will be headed my way) .

I'm thinking that a Bloody Mary breakfast before embarking may help her and her temper. All in the name of preventative medicine, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Whenever we pass by the Explorer's Lounge after our late seating dinner, we noticed that it appears to be a place of rest for many guests. We've taken to calling this area "The Corridor of Snooze."
It's OK if they're only snoozing.

I once did 3 days of a world cruise on P&O's venerable old ship Canberra. One of the lounges had a similar population, and it had an onboard nickname of "The Undertaker's Arms". Reportedly, the crew had instructions to periodically wake those who had been snoozing for particularly long preiods - just to make sure that they were in fact still only snoozing.

Wow. Just wow. The pictures you and Shrimpboat have posted make me wish I were on board that ship right now. Makes my humble efforts at home look so, I don't know, pathetic.

Thank you, once again, for taking us along for the ride. And for making the ride so much fun! I would love to meet up with you on some dam ship some day.

I have a feeling that if POA1 posted on the boards that they have booked a cruise there would be huge jump in their roll call within 24 hours :D

You are too kind. Thanks.

We had our roll call today. It was pretty well attended and we got to meet some new people, which is always nice.

Poa1, are in a connecting suite? Would you pretty please post a photo of lost closet/connecting door? Im in a connecting SC to an SA on the Westerdam. I'm dreading the lack of closet space now and my sister's tongue lashing (which I know will be headed my way) .

I'm thinking that a Bloody Mary breakfast before embarking may help her and her temper. All in the name of preventative medicine, of course.

Will do. I'll send it from Cozumel on Thursday if you don't mind. The upload speeds are really slow today. When we're in Cozumel, I'll have cell phone service and I can use my phone as an access point.

We managed to get everything into the closet and a half, so you should be fine. The half closet has the safe and low hanging rack for shirts or something short like that. It also has several shelves that have been commandeered for shoe and purse storage.

Wow. Just wow. The pictures you and Shrimpboat have posted make me wish I were on board that ship right now. Makes my humble efforts at home look so, I don't know, pathetic.

Thank you, once again, for taking us along for the ride. And for making the ride so much fun! I would love to meet up with you on some dam ship some day.

I have a feeling that if POA1 posted on the boards that they have booked a cruise there would be huge jump in their roll call within 24 hours :D

You are too kind. Thanks.

We had our roll call today. It was pretty well attended and we got to meet some new people, which is always nice.

I should also mention that everyone is better looking in person. And nicer.

Happy to hear you enjoyed your Roll Call M&G. It must be delightful to meet fellow Cruise Critic posters from around the world. How long did your shindig last?

I'm so loving your and Shrimpboats' holiday pics. If the Westerdam's decorations (we sail Dec. 20th) are anywhere near the caliber then my elderly mom will be over the moon.

Hope you and your wife have smoother sailing; would be great if you could step off the ship! Regardless, I'm certain that you'll turn lemons into lemonade.

Can't wait to read you posts re: formal night.

Will do. I'll send it from Cozumel on Thursday if you don't mind. The upload speeds are really slow today. When we're in Cozumel, I'll have cell phone service and I can use my phone as an access point.

We managed to get everything into the closet and a half, so you should be fine. The half closet has the safe and low hanging rack for shirts or something short like that. It also has several shelves that have been commandeered for shoe and purse storage.

Thank you so much ! You don't even have to do it while cruising , when you get back to Homedam is fine. I'll just hound er, um remind you in a couple weeks.

Any current news on the Wang Wang situation? Inquiring Institute of Cheers Interns would like to know !

Sorry that I haven't been able to get the On Locations and dinner menu from last night posted. We're experiencing screaming internet speeds today - as in it's so slow that it makes me want to scream. :eek:

We had lunch in the Pinnacle Grill this afternoon. It was very good, as usual. We showed DFIL the Le Cirque menu and were able to sell him on going tomorrow night. (It's not a hard sell, since we're paying and bringing the wine, but we wanted to make sure he was okay with the selections.)

Tonight is formal night. The corsage and boutonnieres arrived earlier this afternoon. It's boutonnieres - plural - because we got one for Huskerchick's dad as well. I ordered the white rose corsage and boutonnieres, and this time that's what I got. Dinner is at eight, so it's time to get ready. And by "get ready," I mean nap.

Tonight promises to be an abbreviated social evening because we have to be up to get tender tickets in the morning. It's days like this when we miss the Neptune Suite. Of course, DFIL is traveling solo, so we'd need to get the tender ticket for him regardless.

If you don't hear from me until later tomorrow, it's because I'm in the water (on purpose) in Cayman.

Miracle of miracles, my menu finally synced to Evernote. Let us all now rejoice! Cue angelic choirs....

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s88/nl/9962023/8016d4a3-0df3-4b53-89d4-bea352f7c749

Sorry, but I'm also having problems logging in.

I did try using your CC name as user name and 'cruisecritic' as password, but it didn't work either.

Looking forward to more of your 2 week cruise.

Will you be swimming with the stingrays tomorrow?

Sorry that I haven't been able to get the On Locations and dinner menu from last night posted. We're experiencing screaming internet speeds today - as in it's so slow that it makes me want to scream. :eek:

We had lunch in the Pinnacle Grill this afternoon. It was very good, as usual. We showed DFIL the Le Cirque menu and were able to sell him on going tomorrow night. (It's not a hard sell, since we're paying and bringing the wine, but we wanted to make sure he was okay with the selections.)

Tonight is formal night. The corsage and boutonnieres arrived earlier this afternoon. It's boutonnieres - plural - because we got one for Huskerchick's dad as well. I ordered the white rose corsage and boutonnieres, and this time that's what I got. Dinner is at eight, so it's time to get ready. And by "get ready," I mean nap.

Tonight promises to be an abbreviated social evening because we have to be up to get tender tickets in the morning. It's days like this when we miss the Neptune Suite. Of course, DFIL is traveling solo, so we'd need to get the tender ticket for him regardless.

If you don't hear from me until later tomorrow, it's because I'm in the water (on purpose) in Cayman.

I hope it's better in Cayman than it was last time. Hopefully this is the last time you'll need to get tickets because soon you'll have that extra star. Sadly, no pony. Looking forward to the next installment and more prune news.

POA:

We always enjoy your posts and especially your detailed notes on the wines you bring.

Have you enjoyed this one before?

Belle Glos, Clark & Telephone Vineyard - 2012 - $44.00 - Pinot Noir - South Coast, California - 92 points, Wine Spectator - A rich, gutsy, extracted style, with a compelling mix of power and finesse, offering explosive dark berry, floral, spice and espresso notes that are full-bodied and persistent. Drink now through 2022. 4,757 cases made.

We learned of this wine on our summer cruise on Royal Caribbean's Allure - this wine (as almost all of the massive list) could be had as a part of the Premium Beverage Package because it allows for any wines up to $12 a glass and includes 2 oz pours in the Vintages Wine Bar. (The regular glass price was over the limit but the 2 ounce pour was covered.)

Will be curious to see what food/meal you enjoy with the Belle Glos.

Thanks for all of the detailed reporting; it's terrific to hear the wang-wang is alive and kicking.