Embarkation port canaveral

joyce&bob

Sailed Carnival out of PC 5 times, never had a long delay boarding. Yes, the lines are long from 1100am to about 1pm, but the Carnival crew is the best, they keep things moving right along. This is our favorite port.

A friend just got back from a RCCL out of Port Canaveral and she said they had a terrible embarkation (3 hours out in the sun) out of Port Canaveral. Any Carnival Liberty sailings have any issues?

Sorry, but I don't believe there was a 3 hour wait in the sun. And even if it's true, it's not hot here.

No worries at all with a Carnival terminal.

Sorry, but I don't believe there was a 3 hour wait in the sun. And even if it's true, it's not hot here.

No worries at all with a Carnival terminal.

A 3 hour wait in any condition stinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were there in October and our shuttle had passengers for the RCI Liberty and Carnival Sunshine, we went to drop the Liberty group first, I think we waited in line about 45 minutes before we were able to unload them. Not sure what was going on, there were empty spots but for some reason they weren't all being utilized. This was around 11. Not sure how the security/check in lines were. By the time we got over to Carnival, we checked in and walked right onboard.

If they sailed out November 15, it definitely was a long wait. We arrived at Park and Cruise about 10:30, got right on our shuttle and then sat in traffic for over two hours. When we finally got to the terminal, Carnival was handing out flyers saying there had been a fire in the terminal and asking people to leave and go elsewhere for lunch on a shuttle they were providing. They offered to pay for lunch and give a $15 credit on your sail and sign card. We were told the wait would be several more hours. The Liberty was backed up too. I know this because we dropped passengers off there first. Disney, for some reason was not bad. Our driver said he had never seen it like that. It was a disaster, but once finally on board, all was forgotten, and the fun began. Have sailed out of Port Canaveral several times and have never encountered anything like this. Tell them not to judge this port from this experience, please. It was almost dark when we finally sailed.

The worst boarding we ever had in PC was for Freedom of the Seas. Not the typical RCI boarding experience we're used to. Disorganized and the line just stopped as we were heading to board.

Our second worst was our second Glory cruise in 2008. The ship was delayed getting in(which we knew ahead of time that morning so we arrived at port later) and with everyone arriving at the same time, the terminal completely filled up while we waited for the last stragglers to disembark. We watched the last person just strolling off. We were in the terminal but a lot of people were stuck outside, either standing in the rain or sitting on buses. Even those stuck outside only had to wait a couple of hours. They closed the terminal because it had reached fire marshall max so they wouldn't let anyone else in. The ship didn't leave until around 11 pm. It was highly unusual, but it had to do with a crew member who had appendicitis and had to be evac'd so they had to detour to San Juan I think which made the ship late.

My point is that even with that delay, no one had to wait 3 hours.

That said, our other boardings in PC have been fine. We plan to head to the port around 10:30 for our Sunshine cruise in Feb but we have friends who will already be on board doing a b2b so we want to meet up with them and have lunch (Guy's or Blue Igauana) before it gets too crowded.

Edited by BND

If they sailed out November 15, it definitely was a long wait. We arrived at Park and Cruise about 10:30, got right on our shuttle and then sat in traffic for over two hours. When we finally got to the terminal, Carnival was handing out flyers saying there had been a fire in the terminal and asking people to leave and go elsewhere for lunch on a shuttle they were providing.

But we were on the ship waiting for our turn around for our B2B. The report on the ship was that someone pulled a Fire Alarm in the Customs area -- no actual fire. But our 10:30 turn around was delayed for 2 hours. This was at the 'old' terminal.

When we arrived for our first leg at the 'new' terminal we dropped our bags with the porters, got right in the terminal and checked in quickly (platinum) but then waited and waited. Not sure what caused that delay, but sat for 2 hours before they called us.

I've sailed many times out of Port Canaveral on Carnival, but never RCCL. I arrive at 10:30am and while I am Platinum, there is never a regular line for any section. Usually around noon or later is the busiest times to board.

Also, I would take your friends story with a grain of salt... 3 hours in the sun? No, not a chance at any terminal in Port Canaveral unless they had a threat or emergency in the Terminal. They may "Thought" it felt like 3 hours, but I am certain it wasn't.

Edited by poison7fl