Special "Deck 2" button in elevators

Krazy Kruizers

On our recent Noordam cruise, we noticed that the "deck 2" button in the elevators has a star on it as well it is in a different color. What makes this Deck so special to have this notation?

Noordam2014159_zps87f78963.jpg

Is this on all ships?

You all know we have cruised on all the ships and neither of us remember seeing this before. And we have sailed on the Noordam before.

I've never been on Noordam so this is just a guess but is Deck 2 the main deck of the ship? Meaning where the Purser's/Guest Services Desk and Shore Excursions Desk are? If so, that could be why they've made the button more visible. Sort of like the main lobby of a hotel, they're usually marked in elevators as well. I'm sailing on the Eurodam for New Years so I'll check the elevators to see if any particular deck is marked differently.

On our recent Noordam cruise, we noticed that the "deck 2" button in the elevators has a star on it as well it is in a different color. What makes this Deck so special to have this notation?.

This deck is restricted to one-star Mariners and above.

Lower Prom deck is the deck to the OUTSIDE.

NOT on Noordam.

Promendade Deck is the deck to the Outside on Noordam, Westerdam, Oosterdam, Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam.

Lower Promenade Deck is the deck to Outside on Prinsendam, Maasdam, Ryndam, Statendam, Veendam, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Volendam and Zaandam.

Edited by sail7seas

On Vista and Signature, Deck 3 has Ocean Bar, Explorations Café, Upper Level MDR and Show Lounge and shops. "Action" really is Decks 2 and 3 on those ships.

I believe that the Noordam is the only Vista/Signature class ship where the Explorations Café is on Deck 3. It's located across from the library and adjacent to the Crow's Nest on the others.

According to the Americans with Disabilities Act for Elevators:

"The call button for the main entry floor shall be designated by a raised star at the left of the floor designation."

The Vista-class ship's admin offices (Front Desk, Shore Excursions, etc) are on Deck 1.

Edited by Crew News

This deck is restricted to one-star Mariners and above.

Love it, but wouldn't that be two-star Mariners.:D:D:D

On our recent Noordam cruise, we noticed that the "deck 2" button in the elevators has a star on it as well it is in a different color. What makes this Deck so special to have this notation?

Noordam2014159_zps87f78963.jpg

Is this on all ships?

You all know we have cruised on all the ships and neither of us remember seeing this before. And we have sailed on the Noordam before.

In most elevators I've been in, the star means the lobby floor, don't know what it might mean on a ship.

I believe that the Noordam is the only Vista/Signature class ship where the Explorations Café is on Deck 3. It's located across from the library and adjacent to the Crow's Nest on the others.

Yes, that is correct. ;)