Just off Freedom 11/30

denmanja

Will answer any questions if possible - I'm in the car all day!

We were told that we'll get 25% off a future cruise as part of the compensation for the itinerary change. Any experience with how this actually works? What is the fine print?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the 12/21 sailing and are waiting to hear if there will be any changes to our sailing.

You should receive an email with the 25% FCC. The 25% is based on the cruise fare paid (not incl port fees and taxes) for the cruise you just took.

There usually is an expiration date on them.

Edited by molly361

Would the 25% off be on the original price or after the adjustment?

Announcement at end of our cruise said Freedom plans to go to all scheduled ports but may have shortened times at the destinations. Ship is working fine but lower speeds now with pod gone

Would the 25% off be on the original price or after the adjustment?

Announcement at end of our cruise said Freedom plans to go to all scheduled ports but may have shortened times at the destinations. Ship is working fine but lower speeds now with pod gone

25% of whatever the base cabin fare paid

I'd also like to know about any news on the dry dock. Also, what was the itinerary change? What caused it?

We were scheduled for an eastern itinerary. We found out the night before we left that the ship had mechanical trouble and our itinerary was completely changed - spent 24 hours in Nassau, then Cozumel, then back to Coco Cay. The malfunctioning propeller blades were removed in Nassau.

Which for the record, was a miserable night for us thanks to the Carnival ship that docked next door to us. The music was blaring until 330am, which is a lot of fun with a 2 year old. Both RC and Carnival can expect a nasty-gram from me soon!

we're just off the FOS as well. According the Q&A with the Captain and Crew he said that the next sailing leaving today will be modified and they will have to drop either Jamaica or Grand Cayman as the ship does not have the speed to get to each port AND return to PCN on time. As for the remaining sailings until dry dock it seems this will also be the case. Maybe swap San Juan for St Marrten since it's closer to PCN.

we're just off the FOS as well. According the Q&A with the Captain and Crew he said that the next sailing leaving today will be modified and they will have to drop either Jamaica or Grand Cayman as the ship does not have the speed to get to each port AND return to PCN on time. As for the remaining sailings until dry dock it seems this will also be the case. Maybe swap San Juan for St Marrten since it's closer to PCN.

Man, that really sucks! They will have it fixed during the dry dock so the planned itinerary will continue, though?

We were scheduled for an eastern itinerary. We found out the night before we left that the ship had mechanical trouble and our itinerary was completely changed - spent 24 hours in Nassau, then Cozumel, then back to Coco Cay. The malfunctioning propeller blades were removed in Nassau.

Which for the record, was a miserable night for us thanks to the Carnival ship that docked next door to us. The music was blaring until 330am, which is a lot of fun with a 2 year old. Both RC and Carnival can expect a nasty-gram from me soon!

You are really going to complain to Carnival about their party. :eek:

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Western is shorter than eastern. Sounds like they may shorter western but not cancel it

Only by about 60 miles Western = 2309 NM; Eastern = 2356 NM, so there really is only about 3 hours sailing time difference at 18 knots - Drop each stop by an hour or two, and they should be able to do all the stops on the route.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by orville99

Anyone know how they figured everyone's onboard credits? The original paper we got checking in said we'd get a letter explaining the OBC. We never got one. Stopped by Guest Relations and they said there was no letter...odd...

There was a credit applied to your account. $450 for balcony and $275 for inside and oceanview. Not sure about other room categories.

There was a credit applied to your account. $450 for balcony and $275 for inside and oceanview. Not sure about other room categories.

Thanks. We were in a balcony. I was a little surprised to see a credit that high because we got the room at such a good rate. I wasn't sure how they handled it. I think the compensation was fair, despite the complaints I heard from others. We still had a vacation even though they weren't the ports we had booked. As long as I can apply my future cruise credit towards the cruise I currently have booked next year, I will be more than happy. :D

In a side note, I thought that this was by far the rudest group of passengers I have ever sailed with. Not sure if it was because of the circumstances or if society is just getting that bad. People just seemed more self-centered and oblivious to everyone around them on this trip...:(

Only by about 60 miles Western = 2309 NM; Eastern = 2356 NM, so there really is only about 3 hours sailing time difference at 18 knots - Drop each stop by an hour or two, and they should be able to do all the stops on the route.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

For what's is worth martinetraffic.com has been showing her at 17 knots most of today.

For what's is worth martinetraffic.com has been showing her at 17 knots most of today.

Not surprised. In one of these threads there was a quote that said the captain felt he could do between 17-18 knots with one prop gone. That's a significant drop from the 21-22 knots they usually do. It would add 8-9 hours on to the trip from St. Maartan back to PC.

Edited by orville99

Not surprised. In one of these threads there was a quote that said the captain felt he could do between 17-18 knots with one prop gone. That's a significant drop from the 21-22 knots they usually do. It would add 8-9 hours on to the trip from St. Maartan back to PC.

Thats what I thought I remembered, but I was last on her 2409 days ago. I'm sure it will be 100% again in 140 days.

Edited by BillOh

I was on the 11/30 cruise myself. I was very disappointed in getting the phone call less than 24hours before we boarded. However, I was very surprised with the amount of onboard credit and the 25% future cruise. I left the ship only spending $12.

While on board, I was able to secure a future cruise. The lines were LONG every night for the future cruise office. I was shocked they didn't have more than two people working when you have lines of folks wanting to spend money.

When I booked onboard Brian, the future cruise sales, said that in 4-6 weeks I will get a letter in mail with a dollar amount (25% of what I paid for 11/30 cruise) and that I could call back in and have them apply that amount to the cruise I have booked.

While waiting, I overheard others talking about how they were going to call RCCL when they returned to complain about add'l things. Anyone think they'll get any more money or discount?