Opinions on best ship for us

Hi all, my husband and I are looking into booking our next cruise for winter of 2016. We have never sailed RCI but we are considering it this time. We really love NCL but we are looking to do something different. We are in our mid twenties and we live in Brooklyn. We will most likely fly to Florida for the cruise. Just wondering if anyone can give us advice on maybe the newer ships and what they think would be best for our age group. Thanks in advance !!

Hi all, my husband and I are looking into booking our next cruise for winter of 2016. We have never sailed RCI but we are considering it this time. We really love NCL but we are looking to do something different. We are in our mid twenties and we live in Brooklyn. We will most likely fly to Florida for the cruise. Just wondering if anyone can give us advice on maybe the newer ships and what they think would be best for our age group. Thanks in advance !!

This is my personal opinion only.

It all depends on what your expectations are from a ship.

Suggest you start by considering Celebrity as this is a mid range Line. If you require a more formal cruise, then consider Cunard. Only venture towards RCCL if you are seeking an experience close to a holiday/summer camp.

If you wish to be mess

It all depends on what you are looking for in a cruise. I love the Freedom but the Allure and Oasis are really something and I am so glad I sailed on that class at least once. The water shows are wonderful, and the ship can be a destination itself.

Edited by dacsmom

This is my personal opinion only.

It all depends on what your expectations are from a ship.

Suggest you start by considering Celebrity as this is a mid range Line. If you require a more formal cruise, then consider Cunard. Only venture towards RCCL if you are seeking an experience close to a holiday/summer camp.

If you wish to be mess

Just curious, why are you on the RCI posts if you don't like it?

Edited by pennielz

If you're coming from NCL, you're used to lots of activities. I would recommend one of the larger ships with a Promenade, ice skating, better shows, etc. such as Navigator, Explorer, Liberty, Independence, Freedom, and of course Oasis and Allure. There is lots to do, great food, and beautiful ships with lots of space.

Another vote for Oasis class. They offer Broadway shows, a comedy club, water show, Cirque du Soleil type show and Central Park ;). There's also the Boardwalk with cotton candy and a carousel. A week was not long enough to do it all - but you do as much or as little as you want.

RC also offers My Time Dining - no reservations - just like NCL.

Good luck with your decision.

If you're coming from NCL, you're used to lots of activities. I would recommend one of the larger ships with a Promenade, ice skating, better shows, etc. such as Navigator, Explorer, Liberty, Independence, Freedom, and of course Oasis and Allure. There is lots to do, great food, and beautiful ships with lots of space.

Yes! We love all the activities NCL offered. We tried Carnival once and felt it was lacking in that department. Thanks for the info!

We are taking our first oasis class cruise in January and I don't think there will be enough time in the day to do everything the ship has to offer. We are so excited to spend our days doing all the outdoor activities ( flow rider, rock wall, water sports and just laying out by the pool) at night we plan to visit every bar on board! Not all in one night though! :D

Personally for your age group I woukd pick an oasis class ship, however we loved the freedom class too! I woukd pick from those two classes of ships!

Have fun!

Just curious, why are you on the RCI posts if you don't like it?

Sorry, but one thought the OP asked an honest question, that deserved a honest personal opinion.

One did not know RCI threads/posts are solely the preserve of those who support RCI.

One feels it would be correct for you to police the whole CC site, bringing to the attention of all errant posters who may have any negative concerns regarding RCI, and incorrectly post these concerns on a RCI site.

We love, love, love the activity options on Freedom of the Seas. It's a big ship and we will be sailing for the 3rd time on it in June 2015. It's our favorite ship. There is no way you will get bored. Prices are better on Freedom than Allure or Oasis. It is scheduled for dry-dock in January so it should be fresh and gorgeous in time for your cruise.;)