Ulitmate Dining Package - can you repeat restaurants

mickeysgal

Regarding the Ultimate Dining Package that NCL is currently offering...can you repeat restaurants or are they restricted to one visit each? We like LeBistro and normally go twice. Not sure if the package will allow it.
You can go as many times as you want. On my November cruise I went to one of the restaurants 6 times, another 3 times and another 2 times.

Yes, Go as many times you want... If you want to go twice in one night you can do that to....LOL..I love it... It's the BEST!!!!:):)

For a seven night cruise do you only get 7 "uses" and in the quoted example above, it takes up two "uses"?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As many times as you want..... As many places as many times you want.. You could make 2 res in one night and do the same thing the next night and so on.... I'm on a 9 day in Jan and got it... I also did a cruise in Jan 2014 and Nov 2014 and got it(was never hungry) LOVEDIT!!!!:):)

My husband and I loved Moderno so much (that salad/soup bar in fantastic) that we ate there 3 times on a 7 day cruise and we also had breakfast and lunch there (on the Jewel that is where suite guests have eat). By the end of the trip we knew all the servers very well and we received fantastic service.

We have booked the same place more than once but book two reservations the same night for the same place? That is alot of food!

Another approach is to split your meal if you don't have room for dessert in your first seating - eat early, go to the show, have coffee and dessert later on. This especially works if you prefer the dessert menu from a different specialty restaurant.

We bought the UDP our last several cruises, but feel the quality is not the same these last 12 months. We thought the service and food were very good a year ago, but our last cruise has made us change our minds about future cruises and the UDP. Esp. with the give away of the UDP will make the specialty dining rooms crowded. Thought a better idea would be to get on board, go to Le Bistro and then buy a night at a time. Skip the savings and hope it returns to the previous level.

We have booked the same place more than once but book two reservations the same night for the same place?
I'm curious if anyone has ever eaten twice at the same restaurant in one evening. I suppose for example if you wanted to spend time with two different groups of people. Since the UDP allows unlimited visits, why not?
Skip the savings and hope it returns to the previous level.
Giving clear, constructive feedback to NCL when you have an unsatisfactory experience is likely to be much more effective than hoping that they notice that you paid meal-by-meal instead of taking the free UDP offer, and further expecting that they somehow figure out from this that there must be problem with the quality of the specialty restaurants :rolleyes:

Giving clear, constructive feedback to NCL when you have an unsatisfactory experience is likely to be much more effective than hoping that they notice that you paid meal-by-meal instead of taking the free UDP offer, and further expecting that they somehow figure out from this that there must be problem with the quality of the specialty restaurants :rolleyes:

We tried that politely and professionally. Unfortunately it didn't work, I am afraid it didn't make a impression. I accept that. So not interested in expecting anyone to figure out anything except paying for a good meal and going back the next night if it is of quality and good taste. No rolleyes needed, just do not mind paying for good food and good service. ;)

In reading so many responses on this thread as well as a few other threads. I am still confused. For someone who has actually done this can you go to 2 restaurants for a full meal in 1 night and not give up any days on the UDP? It doesn't say unlimited dining package as I have read it as ultimate dining package. I know we probably can't eat two full meals in one night but I am trying to clarify. Just in case. :eek:

Thank you

It doesn't say unlimited dining package as I have read it as ultimate dining package.
You can find all of the rules here. You are absolutely right about the name, and I don't think it's an accident that NCL chose word "ultimate" (which doesn't actually mean anything, as opposed to "unlimited"). For now, the UDP is actually unlimited, as far as the number of times you can visit all the restaurants.

If one can go to a restaurant more than one time the same evening, then why do they charge for a second entrée at some?

We could instead just walk out the door, and come back a short time later and get the second entrée, and then continue dinner.

That would take a lot more of NCL's time and effort (and costs).

GeezerCouple

If one can go to a restaurant more than one time the same evening, then why do they charge for a second entrée at some?

We could instead just walk out the door, and come back a short time later and get the second entrée, and then continue dinner.

That would take a lot more of NCL's time and effort (and costs).

GeezerCouple

Cagneys is the only place that charges you for a extra entrée. A matter of fact at Le Bisto there are 3 items that have a $10 upcharge on the menu, those items are free with the UDP. Just off the Breakaway 3 hours ago.

Cagneys is the only place that charges you for a extra entrée. A matter of fact at Le Bisto there are 3 items that have a $10 upcharge on the menu, those items are free with the UDP. Just off the Breakaway 3 hours ago.

Thanks!

Shouldn't be a problem then :)

GeezerCouple

I gained 15 pounds, but I brought home a case of the flu and loss 20 at home.

A lousy way to diet!

No fun at all!

(But maybe next time, just bring home one portion, and not a full case! :rolleyes: )

We leave tomorrow on the 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise you just did.

Fantastic view of the ships in the harbor from the Intercontinental.

I guess I should thank <someone on CruiseCritic, but I don't remember whom, about a year ago> for recommending the "harbor view at the Intercontinental". It's terrific.

We're relaxing and "getting into the holiday/vacation spirit" a day early.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

And hope you can keep some of that weight off, allowing you to enjoy the next cruise that much more!

Happy Holidays!

GeezerCouple