Rx Medications - Cozumel

sail7seas

Yeah, I'm not worried about getting my triptan drugs and retin-a, none of which is controlled. I'd be slightly worried about buying phentermine, which is basically just speed, but not my circus/not my monkeys. That said, I suspect if anyone was actually getting hassled about personal use prescription purchases in Mexican ports, they'd be screaming about it on every thread like this one.

I just wanted to share in case there were others that didn't realize that it was against Mexican law. Until I read that, I had no clue!

Frankly, I don't think it's worth it - even if it's a only a slight chance of getting caught.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick bump--maldenmusic, if I am lucky and you see this, do you have "Bobbi's" email address? Trying to find out if they will be open on Dec 16th (a four ship day but no RC).

Edit: I think I found it on the previous page

Edited by perditax

Quick bump--maldenmusic, if I am lucky and you see this, do you have "Bobbi's" email address? Trying to find out if they will be open on Dec 16th (a four ship day but no RC).

Edit: I think I found it on the previous page

Bobbie's email: ferbambam@yahoo.com She will usually answer within 2 days and will give you her prices and hours. She is from Canada so English no problem of course and their pharmacy is very modern and well stocked. I've been buying Retin-A and inhalers from her for years.

Bobbie's email: ferbambam@yahoo.com She will usually answer within 2 days and will give you her prices and hours. She is from Canada so English no problem of course and their pharmacy is very modern and well stocked. I've been buying Retin-A and inhalers from her for years.

Thanks. I emailed her tonight to see if she will be open that day.

Hmm, apparently that building closed down unexpectedly and Bobbi is currently searching for a new retail space. :\ However, it sounds like rizatriptan is even more expensive there than at Walgreens in the states (I guess she cannot get the generics for that). She said they will be searching for a new location and may be settled by December. If so, she's got some other stuff that would be helpful for me (and cheaper).

Edited by perditax

I emailed Bobbi as well. It sounds like the landlord at the Forum shops is kicking everyone out. They said that they hope to find a new place soon. Seemed like great people. They even sent me a price list that I requested. So bummed that they will not be doing business when in port next week.

I emailed Bobbi as well. It sounds like the landlord at the Forum shops is kicking everyone out. They said that they hope to find a new place soon. Seemed like great people. They even sent me a price list that I requested. So bummed that they will not be doing business when in port next week.

Wow-bummer. I hope they find a new place soon. I will continue doing business with them because they have been so nice.

• 1 month later...

The Drugs and Souvenir shop is open again. According to Bobbie, they found a new place one block south of their former location. Tney are now located next to Guido's Italian Restaurant at #341 Rafael Melgar on the water front. They should have a website up soon: http://www.cozumeldrugstore.com. I have been a customer for years because they have a clean, modern pharmacy. I prefer theirs to the others I have been in there. Bobbie, a native of Canada, speaks perfect English of course and is always very helpful. Be sure and visit their new location if you are in Coz.

IMG_20151204_164943.jpg.1a2a215dbd707403ad881a30d3d6b76c.jpg

• 2 months later...

I used to work at a pet shop for years. I specialized in aquariums and the live fish. Fish get sick too and need antibiotics. You can buy amoxicillin 250 mg. , penicillin 250 mg, and cephalexin 250 mg capsules and more from pet supply websites. They are cheap and contain only the antibiotic. They will ship it to you, no prescription needed. I've done this for years!!

• 3 months later...

Going to bump this instead of starting a new one. Has anyone bought Cipro recently in Cozumel? If so where? We will be on the Triumph on Oct. I get frequent kidney infections and they always hit on the weekend which means a text to my Dr. a wait for a text back, a wait for a prescription call into the pharmacy etc. She always calls in a 10-14 day round of Cipro (I'm allergic to the sulfa meds usually used). 10-14 days does not clear a kidney infection. It takes a 20-24 day round minimum to clear one totally without a bounce back infection in a few weeks. But of course she insists on the minimum course even though I've dealt with these for years, I know what I need to treat them. So heare I am with my 3rd kidney infections in 3 months on a holiday weekend debating if I want to go to the ER or wait it out until Tuesday when the office reopens.

This is why people want to buy antibiotics in MX when they know what they have and how to treat it. My questions are can I still buy Cipro OTC in Coz, I can take a bottle from the pharmacy with my prescription on it to show them exactly what I need if that will help and where do I need to go to get it? Also how many can I get? If I can only get the 10-14 days that I can get here it's not going to do me any good.

Anyone know what the cost is? The prescription price here isn't high, I'm sure it will probably cost me more to buy it there than there but if I can get a supply to keep on hand that will kick the infections the proper way when they occur it will be worth it.

Going to bump this instead of starting a new one. Has anyone bought Cipro recently in Cozumel? If so where? We will be on the Triumph on Oct. I get frequent kidney infections and they always hit on the weekend which means a text to my Dr. a wait for a text back, a wait for a prescription call into the pharmacy etc. She always calls in a 10-14 day round of Cipro (I'm allergic to the sulfa meds usually used). 10-14 days does not clear a kidney infection. It takes a 20-24 day round minimum to clear one totally without a bounce back infection in a few weeks. But of course she insists on the minimum course even though I've dealt with these for years, I know what I need to treat them. So heare I am with my 3rd kidney infections in 3 months on a holiday weekend debating if I want to go to the ER or wait it out until Tuesday when the office reopens.

This is why people want to buy antibiotics in MX when they know what they have and how to treat it. My questions are can I still buy Cipro OTC in Coz, I can take a bottle from the pharmacy with my prescription on it to show them exactly what I need if that will help and where do I need to go to get it? Also how many can I get? If I can only get the 10-14 days that I can get here it's not going to do me any good.

Anyone know what the cost is? The prescription price here isn't high, I'm sure it will probably cost me more to buy it there than there but if I can get a supply to keep on hand that will kick the infections the proper way when they occur it will be worth it.

Scroll up just a few posts and email Bobbi.

. Has anyone bought Cipro recently in Cozumel? If so where?

Anyone know what the cost is?.

I got 10 count blister packs of Cipro (500 MG) at the pharmacy in the Puerta Maya pier shopping area a few months ago.

$5.00 each. I got 2 packs.

They do not ask for an Rx, nor do they care about your history.

You could indeed probably get them cheaper in town, if you are going in anyway. If you plan to make a special trip in for meds, remember to add $20 to your total cost to cover the RT cab fare.