Azamara quest port shuttles

patiolaterns

You don't dock in Brugges but the commercial port of Zeebrugge. There were shuttles to the nearby town of Blankenburg, which has a train station and trams up and down the coast. We had been to Brugges so took the tram to Knokke, a gorgeous upmarket seaside resort with amazing shopping!

You don't dock in Brugges but the commercial port of Zeebrugge. There were shuttles to the nearby town of Blankenburg, which has a train station and trams up and down the coast. We had been to Brugges so took the tram to Knokke, a gorgeous upmarket seaside resort with amazing shopping!

There's a good train service to and from Bruges from Blankenburg station. It's an easy walk into the centre of Bruges from the Station.

I am not sure what Azamara does for Tallinn. We docked in Tallinn on the Royal Princess this summer and walked 15 minutes into town. The whole city is pretty walkable and the old town is beautiful.

As marinara44 correctly pointed out, a shuttle is provided.

We did find that upon completing our walk through the lower town we were seemingly closer to our ship's berth than to the pickup point for the shuttle.

Accordingly, we chose to walk back.

Sorry to come on to your posting, but has anyone been to Bangkok with Azamara, do they provide shuttles here.

I do believe that we do dock quite close to the city and not right down the river like other cruise lines.

Thanks

Sorry to come on to your posting, but has anyone been to Bangkok with Azamara, do they provide shuttles here.

I do believe that we do dock quite close to the city and not right down the river like other cruise lines.

Thanks

They provided shuttles to a shopping mall but just can't remeber the name as it was a while ago. I'm sure someone on CC will know the name

My notes say you will be dropped by the Central World Plaza which is handy for transit.

Here are the notes I have been trying to keep up to date. I am sorry the formatting does not copy properly:

Amalfi No Tenders berth very near town.

Amasra (Safranbolu) Shuttle is available from pier to city center

Amsterdam no need, dock is near train station

Athens, Greece no

Bangkok, Thailand yes drop off at Central World Plaza (downtown area / but NOT by the grand palace). Central World Plaza is a huge shopping centre and very handy for the metro/skytrain. OR http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1748733

Barcelona, Spain yes? Or dock is in town center

Batumi, Georgia No shuttle is needed as dock is close to town

Bilbao yes morning provided by port, pm by Azamara

Bordeaux no, but dock is right in town

Brugges yes from port at Zeebrugge to Blankenburg where train takes you to Brugges

Buenos Aires no, but dock is close to city centre. Taxis should be available.

Busan, South Korea yes (operated by the city) This takes you to the downtown and close to the famous fish market.

Constanta, Romania Shuttle is available from pier to city center

Copenhagen yes

Capri No You need to get up to the town via the funicular.

Corfu, Greece yes

Danang, Vietnam yes to Trung Vuong Theatre (downtown) downtown Danang only, not Hoi An 9:00 – 18:00 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1752979

Dubrovnik, Croatia yes (if needed) from the ship to the gate of the old town in Dubrovnik

Dublin yes http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1643018

Elba No About a 10 minute stroll on the flat into the lovely little town.

Edinburgh yes to Waterloo Place at the top of Princess Street http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1851861

Greenwich, UK yes

Gibraltar no Not permitted by taxi union

Helsinki, Finland no but dock was in inner harbour close to transit

Halong Bay (Hanoi) yes http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1752979

Hue yes? On Quest last year the shuttle started at 9am and ran every 30 mins and took you to Trung Vuong Theatre (downtown). Last shuttle left the theatre at 6pm.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam yes http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1752979

Istanbul no but tram takes you into town in minutes

Kagoshima, Japan yes (I believe operated by the city) This takes you to a central spot close to the ferry to see the volcano.

Kepez, Turkey Shuttle is available from pier to city center

Kotor dock or tender pier is at town gate

Kusadasi, Turkey no, but pier is right in town

Lisbon no, docks right in town near Atalanta station. There are also city trams. . . . Shuttles go from the ship to the area around Black Horse Square, which is very central and has a HOHO bus stop

Majorca, Spain yes

Mykonos, Greece yes

Monte Carlo No Take harbour ferry across the bay, then walk for about 15 mins to get to the lift through the rock which takes you up to Monte Carlo.

Motril, Spain yes

Mumbai no

Nessebar, Bulgaria: No shuttle is needed; tender takes you into town

Nice no Dock is in town

Okinawa yes, shuttle to the downtown area (Kusaitori St) every 30 minutes

Olbia, Italy yes, free and run by town

Palma, Canary Islands yes about every 15 minutes

Portofino No Tenders dock right in centre of town.

Ravenna, Italy yes, provided by port? 25 minute drive

Seville yes

Shanghai, China yes From the new port in Baoshan (operated by the city).

This takes you to the Bund.

Skiathos, Greece No shuttle is needed; tender takes you into town

Sorrento, Italy maybe If not local bus will take you into town. Buy your ticket at the tobacco ship at the top of the harbour.

Split, Croatia no but you can walk into town

St. Jean de Lux no, but docks right in town near Petit Train

St. Malo no but tender takes you to edge of old town

St. Peter Port no but tender takes you to edge of old town

St Tropez no Quite a walk to the town from the tender point in the heat.

Stockholm, Sweden yes (to the Opera House)

Tallinn, Estonia yes (to the Olde Town) but walking is possible (15 minutes.)

Taormina, Italy yes The Azamara shuttle was very well organised running every 30 minutes each way to the Parking Garage Porta Catania, Corso Umberto, Taormina (a 20 minutes bus ride from the tender). From there it was a 20/25 minutes walk to the Greek theatre/"Teatro antico di Taormina" if not distracted by the shopping opportunities i.e. for souvenirs.

Trabzon, Turkey No shuttle is needed as dock is close to town

Venice, Italy (St. Basilio pier) no Walk or take vaporetto For port days and not “turn-around days” a shuttle will be offered to all guests from Marittima to Tronchetto Island (or Piazzale Roma if construction is finished).

Volos, Greece No but dock within walking distance to town

Warnemunde, Germany no but dock is five minute walk from train

Xiamen, China yes This takes you along the waterfront close to the shopping area, banks and the ferry to Gulangyu.

Zeebrugge, Belgium yes The drop off point is the Blankenberg train station.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1752979

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42938749&posted=1#post42938749

Edited by maryann ns

• 1 year later...

Wonderful idea as I have been searching for infomation on Livorno and Marseille.

Little Britain.

Giardini Naxos...No ..we were there last August.

Chania Crete ...Yes...dock is about 15 minutes from centre of town, ran regularly. Azamara had a guide/ helper stood at the drop off/ pickup point. Excellent service.

Mykonos.....we were Tendered in directly to the centre of town last August, think this depends on which other ships are present.

Hope others will join in whilst realising this is just a guide as things can change.

I am not sure what Azamara does for Tallinn. We docked in Tallinn on the Royal Princess this summer and walked 15 minutes into town. The whole city is pretty walkable and the old town is beautiful.

We were on Quest last August and were docked at Tallinn. We walked into town...not sure there were any shuttles, at least I don't recall seeing them. It was a very easy walk.

We were on Quest last August and were docked at Tallinn. We walked into town...not sure there were any shuttles, at least I don't recall seeing them. It was a very easy walk.

Perhaps it depends where you dock. We had shuttles that took us to one of the gates to the city in 2014.