Am I Seeing Things? Online Pricing

bflowercar

Hi -

I am wondering if anyone else has had this experience. We were online this morning booking a cruise - it was $599 for a veranda - Western Carribean (7 nights) - we were so excited for such a great price! Then after looking comparing cabins the price jumped to $849. Frustrated - as we almost booked but just wanted to compare cabins.

Thanks!!

This is a known issue with the Celebrity website. Happens all the time when trying to compare cruises. I can't believe anyone would actually trust it to book a cruise from. Then again some love that control. :rolleyes:

Just this morning I was checking one of the "Tuesday Amazing Deals"

A balcony cabin was about $3000/pp for the cruise I was checking. As I went further it asked if we were over 55 and our state. After I put that in the minimum for that same cabin jumped to over $4000/pp.

I tried closing out that screen and starting again but I was locked into that higher price. :(

EDIT : Just checked again.

It's back down. :confused:

Edited by chamima

HOLD, even better!

Same here. When we are ready to make a decision, we use the hold while we do our comps. If it is still the cruise we want, we pull the trigger.

If cruise bookings work like hotels, they put only so many cabins in particular lower fares, then they slowly increase as the lower fares are sold.

Cruises sem to hols a cabin for 20 minutes or so if browsing the website (I browse suites a lot, and note that if i go back to one i looked at it isn't available for saie, but pops back in in about 20-30 minutes time).

So I do recommend holding a cabin, continuing looking, then canceling right away if its not the one you want, as a courtesy, or let it fall off the next day automatically. This lets cabins fall back into sellable inventory.

Just this morning I was checking one of the "Tuesday Amazing Deals"

A balcony cabin was about $3000/pp for the cruise I was checking. As I went further it asked if we were over 55 and our state. After I put that in the minimum for that same cabin jumped to over $4000/pp.

I tried closing out that screen and starting again but I was locked into that higher price. :(

EDIT : Just checked again.

It's back down. :confused:

If this happens, clear your cookies or use a different Web browser. Firefox allows you to use a private browsing session that won't take cookies, even when you are in the same page on the main.

Just closing the browser won't clear the cookies unless you have it set to always clear on closing. If you are not sure what I'm talking about, find a nice 20 - something to assist you. :)

If this happens, clear your cookies or use a different Web browser. Firefox allows you to use a private browsing session that won't take cookies, even when you are in the same page on the main.

Just closing the browser won't clear the cookies unless you have it set to always clear on closing. If you are not sure what I'm talking about, find a nice 20 - something to assist you. :)

Thanks - or my 9 year old granddaughter! :p

Thanks - or my 9 year old granddaughter! :p

I would also suggest searching for all travel (airlines, cruises, hotels, etc.) in "incognito" mode. Just google how to do it for the browser you are in. This is the best way to search without cookies letting them know what you want! This is especially true for airline tickets. I often search the same route each day, you will see a difference if you do it incognito.