Hotel in Ft Lauderdale?

shoefetish

Our preferred hotel in the area is Embassy Suites on SE 17th St. Free breakfast buffet and evening happy hour is included. It's a two room suite with plenty of space for a family of 5. Lots of restaurants, supermarket, shops, CVS, Walgreens, within walking distance. It's about a $15 cab ride from the airport or to the port (including the tip)

We will be two families of five. Does the Embassy Suites have a hot complimentary breakfast or just bagels, cereal, etc.

Is there somewhere close for a casual, fun dinner?

This sounds like a good option.

Thanks.

js

Edited by js

We will be two families of five. Does the Embassy Suites have a hot complimentary breakfast or just bagels, cereal, etc.

Is there somewhere close for a casual, fun dinner?

This sounds like a good option.

Thanks.

js

Hot breakfast buffet.

Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. We had lunch at the Tropical Smoothie Café, and dinner at Gilbert's.

Here is the link to the shopping area directly behind the hotel: http://www.theharborshops.com/

Stayed at Embassy 2 nights prior to our cruise on 11/29. Had a great time there. The breakfast was good and the evening cocktail reception an added bonus as well. Nice pool, gardens and close to restaurants, shops and the trolley stop if you want to go to the beach or downtown.

Our preferred hotel in the area is Embassy Suites on SE 17th St. Free breakfast buffet and evening happy hour is included. It's a two room suite with plenty of space for a family of 5. Lots of restaurants, supermarket, shops, CVS, Walgreens, within walking distance. It's about a $15 cab ride from the airport or to the port (including the tip)

Ditto

Love the Embassy

Third time staying there will be in August.

Safe travels

I have stayed at Embassy Suites and was not happy. The Hyatt across the street is cleaner and cheaper with much nicer staff. Both Hotels are in a great area. The good thing is that you can walk to the shopping center and stock up on your toiletries before the cruise.

Just an added thought. The Embassy Suites is great for those without a car. Parking is $20.00 per day while you are cruising and can get a bit expensive.

We won't have a car and thinking we are doing Embassy. We are a family of 10. How do I get to the pier? Do I need to hire a private van or are they just available? Would it be more cost effective to get two cabs (we are 5 each in a family).

Thank you.

We won't have a car and thinking we are doing Embassy. We are a family of 10. How do I get to the pier? Do I need to hire a private van or are they just available? Would it be more cost effective to get two cabs (we are 5 each in a family).

Thank you.

We found a taxi more cost effective than using the hotel shuttle and faster also

Thank you.

We stayed there last summer as a party of 6. I believe regular cabs are limited to 5 passengers (hotel concierge told us that). He suggested a van-type cab. Concierge called us a cab the morning we were going to the pier and requested a "van-type cab." It was plenty big enough for 6 of us plus luggage. Not sure if it would be big enough for 10 - depending on the amount of luggage. You might find it cheaper to do two "regular" cabs.

Definitely would not do the hotel shuttle. It is $10 per person and very much a bit of a mad house in the lobby - lots of people/luggage. Cabs are cheaper and plentiful. I think we paid around $20 including tip.

Thank you.

taxi is way cheaper than hotel shuttle approx. 10 to 15 per taxi

We have booked the Rodeway Inn as they offer free shuttles to/from the airport and port!;) Our friends will be flying in the day before the cruise but we will be driving and hotel will also let us leave our car there for same price as other parking lots.:cool: Have never stayed there though; has anyone?

We have booked the Rodeway Inn as they offer free shuttles to/from the airport and port!;) Our friends will be flying in the day before the cruise but we will be driving and hotel will also let us leave our car there for same price as other parking lots.:cool: Have never stayed there though; has anyone?

I just booked the Rodeway Inn. Rate was very reasonable.

Stayed at Embassy 2 nights prior to our cruise on 11/29. Had a great time there. The breakfast was good and the evening cocktail reception an added bonus as well. Nice pool, gardens and close to restaurants, shops and the trolley stop if you want to go to the beach or downtown.

How far is the trolley stop from the hotel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We stayed there a few years back(2011) The price was very good, around 100 bucks a night, free airport and cruise terminal Shuttle.The place was clean, decent pool . If we can't get a real good price at Embassy or Hyatt(140-150 bucks a night), then we would look at the Rodeway again