Contacting the Maitre D by e-mail

beachbum53

If you have ever sent an email to the Maitre D, how long did it take to get a response back? I sent an email to the Maitre D on the Breeze back on January 1st to make a special request, but have yet to get a response. I know he's very busy and has a lot of responsibilities, and I'm trying to be patient. However, my request involves a large group, and our (tentative) plans are on hold. What would be a reasonable amount of time before I try e-mailing again? Our cruise isn't until May, so I know we still have time. I'm just trying to get things organized ahead of time for our group, rather than wait until the last minute.

This topic was just addressed by John Heald. He said the ship staff, including the maitre'd, are under no obligation to answer emails from future passengers. The emails in fact go to a spam folder and are not usually even seen. To make special arrangements in the dining room you can contact him via his facebook page or blog or wait until embarkation day.

This topic was just addressed by John Heald. He said the ship staff, including the maitre'd, are under no obligation to answer emails from future passengers. The emails in fact go to a spam folder and are not usually even seen. To make special arrangements in the dining room you can contact him via his facebook page or blog or wait until embarkation day.

Thank-you. I wasn't aware that the emails go to a spam folder. When you say to make special arrangements, contact him via his Facebook page. Which "him"? The Maitre D, or John Heald? I'm afraid that if I wait until embarkation day, we may not be able to make the arrangements for our group.

An email sent in January for a may cruise was probably ignored

Many cruises that he must take care of.

Even john heald will not be able to help you now. Wait til the cruise in near.

What r u hoping to do?

Make sure all cabins are linked and take traditional dining for large groups

Personnel on the ship are under no obligation to respond to emails from future guests. So it's just luck when someone does get a response.

As a previous poster said either post your circumstances on John Healds FB page or email cclsupport@carnival.com attention John Heald if it's this far in advance and is a complicated request.

If you have a large group then the dining request should made through Carnival and not the maitre'd. Call and ask for the group event planning number/email address.

By large group do you mean at least 20 people? Usually if all the bookings are linked together then the maitre'd will do his best to make sure everyone sits close together, that's been my experience.

I emailed the MD on the Liberty last April and got a response. I plan on emailing the MD this month for our cruise in 4 weeks. I will wait another few days before I do. We request to be put at a table with others so we can meet new people. If you are Platinum or Diamond, make sure to mention it in your email. I also gave him our VIPF #s. Hope it works this time !!

I have emailed the Maitre'd my last 10 or so cruises. Many times I have gotten responses, sometimes I didn't, but I ALWAYS got what I asked for. I emailed them 2 to 3 weeks prior to sailing. Be sure to thank them once aboard if they do accommodate you.

Last two cruises I emailed the Maitre'd and he responded promptly. Within hours. No they aren't obligated to respond, but in my experience they always do. And I thank them for that when I reply and again onboard.

I'll be emailing the Maitre'd for our next cruise about two weeks before we sail. If he responds, great. If not, sobeit.

I am an avid Carnival Cruiser (18 cruises) but I have to say their dining table assignment program (or lack there of) leaves much to be desired. The assignments will have to be made anyway so what is the harm is having the cruiser advise his/her preference. I know the Maitre'd is very busy. So what, we all are.

When they ignore your request, the Maitre'd ends up having to do reassignments any way. So where is the time saving by ignoring the cruiser's request.

This has been going on for the last several years and it's time to review the program. How about they start by making it part of the VIFP program. It would cost Carnival nothing and make some people happy. I rest my case.

• Like 1

I have emailed the Maitre'd my last 10 or so cruises. Many times I have gotten responses, sometimes I didn't, but I ALWAYS got what I asked for. I emailed them 2 to 3 weeks prior to sailing. Be sure to thank them once aboard if they do accommodate you.

Agree with you completely. I request a specific table and sometimes get a reply but have aways gotten my request. When you check in and get our sign and sail cards it has the table number. Nancy

John Heald has said many times that the maitre d is not obligated to respond to these mails. Any special requests that are made prior to embarkation should be made through him.

No, I'm sure they're not...but my personal experiences have been:

Maitre'D = 100

John H = 0

I'll keep emailing the maitre'd.

• Like 1

No, I'm sure they're not...but my personal experiences have been:

Maitre'D = 100

John H = 0

I'll keep emailing the maitre'd.

Whatever works for you. JH has been very responsive to me. Just don't complain if the maître d doesn't address your email.

If you have ever sent an email to the Maitre D, how long did it take to get a response back? I sent an email to the Maitre D on the Breeze back on January 1st to make a special request, but have yet to get a response. I know he's very busy and has a lot of responsibilities, and I'm trying to be patient. However, my request involves a large group, and our (tentative) plans are on hold. What would be a reasonable amount of time before I try e-mailing again? Our cruise isn't until May, so I know we still have time. I'm just trying to get things organized ahead of time for our group, rather than wait until the last minute.

Don't let anyone scare you. We've been emailing the MD for 15 years now and have always gotten our request honored. Be first, not last. They do read them. And most respond. We've always gotten a response.

Last two cruises I emailed the Maitre'd and he responded promptly. Within hours. No they aren't obligated to respond, but in my experience they always do. And I thank them for that when I reply and again onboard.

I'll be emailing the Maitre'd for our next cruise about two weeks before we sail. If he responds, great. If not, sobeit.

Can you tell me the email address for the Maitre'd on the Magic. I tried an email address I saw posted before and it bounced right back as undeliverable. I tried MCmaitrd@carnival.com and that did not work.

HELP please!