Wanting to experience the Royal Promenade - The Navigator out of Galveston?

5 in OK

We are just off of our 25th Anniversary cruise aboard the beautiful Serenade. And - like always, we are already trying to figure out where our next cruise will be!!!

I think we are ready to try out the Royal Promenade shopping and restaurant area down the middle of the ship. Would the Navigator be a good place to experience that? It sails from Galveston - that's nice and close to home. :)

We have gone on that ship twice now. It is a very nice boatand I don’t think you will be disappointed. We do more shopping in the portsbut have bought a few things in the stores on the Promenade. We love the openfeel it gives the boat, although we have not been on any other boat so I feelsomeone else that has been on other ships can give you more about that. We havetaken our cruises from Galveston due to being closer to home and able to driveand save on transportation costs. We were planning to take our 3rdcruise out of NOLA and do the Key West/Bahamas route but since RCI is pullingout of NOLA we are booked on Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston later this year. Itwill still be an itinerary that we have been on but it will give us a biggerand different ship to experience. I don’t think you will go wrong with thatship so if it works best for you, go ahead. No worries!

Edited by Cruiser 23218

The Navigator is a great ship to experience the Royal Promenade for the 1st time. I'm sailing on her for the 4th time this April. After experiencing the RP on NOS, you'll need to experience it on the Oasis or Allure. All I can say is AMAZING!

We have gone on that ship twice now. It is a very nice boatand I don’t think you will be disappointed. We do more shopping in the portsbut have bought a few things in the stores on the Promenade. We love the openfeel it gives the boat, although we have not been on any other boat so I feelsomeone else that has been on other ships can give you more about that. We havetaken our cruises from Galveston due to being closer to home and able to driveand save on transportation costs. We were planning to take our 3rdcruise out of NOLA and do the Key West/Bahamas route but since RCI is pullingout of NOLA we are booked on Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston later this year. Itwill still be an itinerary that we have been on but it will give us a biggerand different ship to experience. I don’t think you will go wrong with thatship so if it works best for you, go ahead. No worries!

Thank you for the reply! Sounds like the Navigator has repeat visitors! Always a good sign!

The Navigator is a great ship to experience the Royal Promenade for the 1st time. I'm sailing on her for the 4th time this April. After experiencing the RP on NOS, you'll need to experience it on the Oasis or Allure. All I can say is AMAZING!

That's kind of what we were thinking - work our way up! This will be your 4th on the Navigator?! Is it your favorite ship?

Just off of the Navigator yesterday. Great time. Had a couple of sea days with rainy weather, so the Promenade was a good place to hang out. The pub, Vintages and the Promenade Cafe were all busy. We are also repeat Navigator cruisers.

Hey, 5 in OK, you following us around?

Had to laugh, we have been away from RCI for 11 years and wanted to try them again. December on the Serenade, in a couple weeks, Navigator. Have Allure T/A booked in April. Booked the Allure first, and have been filling in between last minute. Like you said....work your way up. So far, so good.

Good Luck!!!!!

Edited by L454S

We are just off of our 25th Anniversary cruise aboard the beautiful Serenade. And - like always, we are already trying to figure out where our next cruise will be!!!

I think we are ready to try out the Royal Promenade shopping and restaurant area down the middle of the ship. Would the Navigator be a good place to experience that? It sails from Galveston - that's nice and close to home. :)

While the Royal Promenade is a grand space onboard the Voyager Class of Ships (Navigator), the Royal Promenade is much larger and even more grand on the Oasis Class (Oasis and Allure). Also have you heard of the new Royal Esplanade? It is featured on Quantum (currently sailing from Bayonne, NJ) and Anthem of the Seas (out this spring). Maybe you should try out Quantum of the Seas as seeing you are from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Quantum's Godmother is Kristin Chenoweth and she's also from Broken Arrow. ;)

Was on Navigator last February, can't *wait* to be back on her in a few weeks!! Beautiful ship, great staff, just an awesome experience. I love the Voyager class, period -- I'll leave the mega-ships to other folks. :)

Seeing you're from Broken Arrow makes me think of only one thing -- that amazing Broken Arrow marching band!! Holy smokes, they are so good, every year. Love seeing videos of them!

-gina-

(band mom :))

Thank you for the reply! Sounds like the Navigator has repeat visitors! Always a good sign!

We've been on the Navigator 3 times! Gorgeous ship! I hate to see her leave Galveston next fall but I'm looking forward to cruising on the Liberty! :D

That's kind of what we were thinking - work our way up! This will be your 4th on the Navigator?! Is it your favorite ship?

It was my favorite until I sailed the Allure. The Navigator was my first Royal Caribbean ship so I have a soft spot for it. The Liberty of the Seas will have a nice promenade also. Although I've never sailed her, but have sailed her sister ship Freedom of the Seas. You will enjoy the Navigator.

Hi all

anyone know who the new concierge host is on Navigator.....we heard Ricardo just left on vacation...

we sail on her this Sunday

Thanks

Tami

Please let us know what you find out this Sunday. Also, can you find out when he will return?

Here is a thread you might want to follow that has concierge information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1518418&highlight=concierge&page=205

Hey, 5 in OK, you following us around?

Had to laugh, we have been away from RCI for 11 years and wanted to try them again. December on the Serenade, in a couple weeks, Navigator. Have Allure T/A booked in April. Booked the Allure first, and have been filling in between last minute. Like you said....work your way up. So far, so good.

Good Luck!!!!!

Hahahah - YES!! Let me know how you like cruising on the Navigator!

Having crossed both the Atlantic and the Med on the Navigator and having sailed both the Independence of the seas and the Mariner, I can genuinely indorse these vessels. I especially enjoyed the 24 access to a cup of Tea or a coffee and a pastry at either end of the Royal Promenade. I also enjoyed spending many hours in the lounge high above the pools and looking out to sea on a daily basis. Good ships all.

While the Royal Promenade is a grand space onboard the Voyager Class of Ships (Navigator), the Royal Promenade is much larger and even more grand on the Oasis Class (Oasis and Allure). Also have you heard of the new Royal Esplanade? It is featured on Quantum (currently sailing from Bayonne, NJ) and Anthem of the Seas (out this spring). Maybe you should try out Quantum of the Seas as seeing you are from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Quantum's Godmother is Kristin Chenoweth and she's also from Broken Arrow. ;)

:)We do love Kristin Chenoweth!! She came back to Broken Arrow last year to do a special and let several of our HS Choir kiddos sing with her. We are all big fans! I will try to convince my husband that we should sail on the Quantum!!!:D

The Navigator is beautiful -- I think they did a fantastic job with the refurb.

This November, the Navigator will leave and be replaced by the Liberty.

I didn't realize that we only had until November to said on the Navigator from Galveston! :eek: Thank you for the heads up!

Was on Navigator last February, can't *wait* to be back on her in a few weeks!! Beautiful ship, great staff, just an awesome experience. I love the Voyager class, period -- I'll leave the mega-ships to other folks. :)

Seeing you're from Broken Arrow makes me think of only one thing -- that amazing Broken Arrow marching band!! Holy smokes, they are so good, every year. Love seeing videos of them!

-gina-

(band mom :))

Yes!! They are amazing!! We are all so proud of them!

Thanks for the info on the ship! I have found several dates that I would love to go!!