Anyway to "request" to be "asked" for an upgrade??

Mosaic

If i see the penthouse is still available i do call my pcc to let him know i am interested. He knows i really won't consider rack rate. Needless to say i've never gotten it yet. :-( We always book at least an SC guarantee.

Dennis

Sailing in a month and I see that there is a Penthouse Suite still available. I am currently in an SA, anyway to try to get HAL to contact me in this regard?

Thanks.

Assume you want an UP-SELL not an UP-GRADE..

We've been offered UP-Sells for reasonable prices & sometimes have taken them, other times not..

Agree there is no harm in trying..Be sure & tell them you would be interested if the price is right.. But you have to decide what is the max. price you are willing to pay for the Penthouse..

Maybe a little off the subject, but this thread sparked a question. How do cruisers get reduced prices after they have already booked a cabin?

In other words I read on this forum all the time that cruisers receive refunds or additional on board spending when the price of their cruise is reduced prior to sailing.

I always book on the internet on a cruise travel website...and have never been offered a refund or increased on board spending for any of our cruises.

Is there something I am missing?

SassyM12- you need to keep track of the price of your cruise on the net and if it drops, call who you booked it through and see if you can get the lower price. For example, I booked a summer cruise directly off the HAL site and when the price dropped, I called and saved nearly $1800 on the price. The price went back up recently and I didn't think of asking to have the 10% off excursions applied when the price was lower. I am out of luck on that unless I want to pay the new higher price which in my case is not worth it. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Assume you want an UP-SELL not an UP-GRADE..

We've been offered UP-Sells for reasonable prices & sometimes have taken them, other times not..

Agree there is no harm in trying..Be sure & tell them you would be interested if the price is right.. But you have to decide what is the max. price you are willing to pay for the Penthouse..

Funny thing, when Hal sends out the emails for UP-SELLS they call it UP-GRADES.

I noticed the same this past summer...Pinnacle Suite (Penthouse) still available. I let my travel agent know I was interested then a few weeks later called HAL direct to let them know. Both said "we will make a note on your reservation but there is no list". Well there might not be a list but we were offered and took an upsell a few weeks later!