Vibe Beach Club - Getaway

sarahsue317

Can anyone provide me with more info on the Vibe Beach Club on the Norwegian Getaway? I have read that the cost is $79 for the week, but have also heard you can buy day passes as well. Is it worth it? Would you recommend it, what are the perks of it, etc.? Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Highly recommend it. It is $79 per person for the week. There were no daily passes available - not sure they do that anymore, I would imagine that would be hard to keep track of. Depending on how busy your cruise is, you will probably need to make it the first thing you get once you board - passes available from Guest Services on Deck 6 (for my cruise it was only the staff member at the far right hand end of the desk that was giving them out). I got to the port super early and was the 2nd person in line before security opened, the first person waiting in line prior to boarding, and the first person through the doors when they opened.

Cabanas are available for $299, but that includes the entrance to Vibe for 2 people and a $100 OBC that is added to your account. So end result is $199 for 2 people to share a cabana and have access to Vibe, or $159 for 2 people to just get access to Vibe. There are only 5 cabanas available. I would recommend that if you get a cabana request a higher numbered one - #1 is located next to the hot tubs and you can hear the conversation of people in them. #5 is the most forward one and located next to the partition between Vibe and the Haven area.

You get an orange wristband (at least it was on my cruise) if you just purchase the access to Vibe, and a clear wristband with your cabana number on it, if you purchase the cabana. You also get a special card to get through the door. There is a box to the left of the door, you open the cover to the box and swipe your card for entry. My card "lost" it's access about halfway through the cruise, I had to go to guest services to get it fixed.

At the most forward corner of Vibe there are 2 "cabana-like" wicker beds, with adjustable shades, I found out much later in my cruise, that these are first come, first get, (no charge, no reservation) so I would recommend heading up and snagging one of them on days you are using Vibe, if you don't want to pay for a cabana.

Bar is only staffed from early morning to 6pm (or at least it was in December). Pool staff will bring round fruit skewers, small portions of fruit smoothies and fruit popsicles at random times during the day. Say hi to Ali for me, if he is still behind the Vibe bar, when you get there. (I'm the one that tried to get him to make the Jalapeno infused tequila mango concoction while trying to recreate a Hawaiian Rumfire martini!!)

I heard there were about 50 passes sold each cruise - on my cruise they sold out the first day. However, I never saw 50 different people up there, even on its most busy day there were plenty of loungers (really nice padded wicker) available.

Let me know if I've missed anything out...

Edited by westcoasttech

So it gives you access to a special little area? The only way to get is is being one of the first ones at guest services?

Yes and yes. When I was on the Getaway in May, however, we got onto the ship early, toured the ship and looked at Vibe, and then went to guest services and still got our wristbands. Not sure if that's the norm, however.

I called NCL today and they do actually offer day passes to the VIBE beach club at $20/pp per day. I'm trying to wrap my head around if its REALLY worth it.....the place looks small, theres no pool, and the hours they serve till seems pretty short. Seems to me that if you don't mind it being a bit busier, and you want to be near a pool, Spice H20 is the place to go which has no cost. What do you think about this? My wife and I are going on the Getaway Feb 28th. Thanks for your feedback!

what is spice h2O? they have a pool? is it outdoors? adults only?

sounds wonderful

thanks

Spice H20 is the adults only area located at the back of the ship. Yes, it is outdoors. There is a big screen projector, a pool, hot tubs and bar area. I have not been on this ship yet, but have been doing extensive research to make sure my wife and I get the most bang for our buck, as we are sailing on Feb 28th of this year. From the many comments and reviews that I have read, the conclusion that I have come to is this:

VIBE beach club is worth the money if you don't care about being near a pool, and are more concerned with "possibly" getting away from the crowds......as I have heard that the VIBE can also get crowded and you aren't guaranteed a spot in there even if you have purchased the pass.

I guess it all depends on what you want......for myself and my wife, we are in our 30s, we enjoy mingling and meeting new people. We don't mind a bit of a crowd. So the Spice H20 seems like a no brainer for us. We will most likely be spending our extra dollars on the Thermal Spa pass. Again, I have not been on this ship, only basing my opinions off of the many reviews Ihave read from recent cruisers. Hope this helps a bit! Happy Cruising! :)

We were on the Getaway in Nov, with a Vibe pass and for us it wasn't worth it. For the first 4 days of the ship it was too windy to use it unless you got one of the clam shell lounges. I'm not being dramatic here either, it was so windy that they had to tie all the chairs and cushions down. The other side of the ship was fine though. It was disappointing. The few days we did use it you it was great, quiet with maybe 15 people. I think our next cruise we are going to opt for Spice though.

I just disembarked GETAWAY yesterday and was lucky enough to snag a week pass to Vibe. It was worth every penny especially if you're a sun worshiper. They only sell 60 passes and they go quick. You can't pre-purchase online. I would recommend being in the first groups to board and head directly to Guest Relations to purchase the pass. I got to the terminal around 10:40am and I was in group #10 to board the ship. I boarded around 11:40am and went straight to Guest Relations. At that point they only had about 20 passes left so you really have to get there early.

Once in Vibe you're in another world. Far away from the 4000 other passengers! No need to bring towels as plenty are provided. During the day the staff comes around with lemonade, ice cold towels, water squirts to cool off, fresh fruit skewers, and cookies. They are all so attentive and nice, and the bar staff is super cool. They welcome you every time you enter and get to know you. There isn't a pool but there are two hot tubs and a rain shower type shower to cool off. They lounge chairs are very comfortable with thick cushions and they will extend an umbrella if you want shade. The furniture is the same that is used in The Haven which is just on the other side of a door in Vibe. Also no reason to get up early to rush and try to get a chair. There are plenty and some are always available. I would usually get there around noon or later and never had a problem getting a chair in a prime tanning spot.

As you can tell I'm a fan! Vibe really helped to make my cruise on GETAWAY quite exceptional.

Spice H20 is the adults only area located at the back of the ship. Yes, it is outdoors. There is a big screen projector, a pool, hot tubs and bar area. I have not been on this ship yet, but have been doing extensive research to make sure my wife and I get the most bang for our buck, as we are sailing on Feb 28th of this year. From the many comments and reviews that I have read, the conclusion that I have come to is this:

Spice on the Getaway doesn't have a pool.

We loved the Vibe space on the Getaway earlier this month, but the bar service was terrible enough that several people in Vibe complained to the main desk. Service improved a bit after that.

Edited to add we boarded just after they stopped using boarding groups (we would have been in group 20, IIRC) and still managed to get three passes when we boarded. I think our ship also had some daily passes, as we saw people there with differently colored bands some days.

Edited by thatjoeguy

Cabanas are available for $299, but that includes the entrance to Vibe for 2 people and a $100 OBC that is added to your account. So end result is $199 for 2 people to share a cabana and have access to Vibe, or $159 for 2 people to just get access to Vibe.

So for $299 the cabana (as well as Vibe access) is yours for the week?!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the great info. The big question I have is if you're in a normal balcony room (i.e. not in the Haven) and get to the port early do you still get an earlier boarding number? I'm worried that if I get there early, I'll be waiting around for a few hours only for Haven guests be the only people that get earlier boarding groups.

• 5 months later...

So, for what I gather, worth every penny IF:

• You like to sunbathe a lot
  • Don't mind not having a pool near by
  • Want a space to get away from the crowds

Not worth it IF:

• You don't mind some crowds
  • Spice H2O sounds enough for you
  • If you like to be out there after 6pm.
  • You're like to be near a pool.

Close cold flame! The hot tubs are good enough and never full. H2O gets crowded and hard to get a chair. I also need shade, and that's doable in Vibe cuz u have an umbrella....it's just a way different Vibe than H2O and way way different than around the pool.

Edited by mrobstad