"LIVE" from Quantum of the Seas - Jan. 23, 2015

Radio

Hello everyone. . . We are leaving a little late today. It appears that about a dozen crew just boarded down at the Crew entrance. (at 4:15)

The was also an Alpha, Alpha , Alpha call just now. I am hoping the passenger is OK.

Ken Rush, our Cruise director has suggested that for this Cruise we will have free unlimited Wi-Fi . . .

I am on Deck 8, and I could hear the cheers coming from the Pool deck on Deck 14 !

This information from Ken Rush makes Radio a very happy sailor (Before we even leave the Pier)

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

Ken Rush, our Cruise director has suggested that for this Cruise we will have free unlimited Wi-Fi . . .

I am on Deck 8, and I could hear the cheers coming from the Pool deck on Deck 14 !

This information from Ken Rush makes Radio a very happy sailor (Before we even leave the Pier)

Radio

;);)

Hi Radio.....I'm happy for you that it is free so you can post for your live report! Are you able to find out for how much longer the wifi will be free? I'm hoping this lasts for awhile :D

Hello everyone. . . We are leaving a little late today. It appears that about a dozen crew just boarded down at the Crew entrance. (at 4:15)

The was also an Alpha, Alpha , Alpha call just now. I am hoping the passenger is OK.

Radio

;);)

I read on another post FREE WiFi was given to passengers on some recent cruises. I hope this continues to be the norm rather than the exception. I too would be a happier sailor;)

Radio

;);)

A friend of mine just got off Quantum today. They had free wi-fi for their entire cruise, announced by the captain on day 1. She posted pics and videos on her Facebook page all 12 days of their cruise, and it was all fabulous. She was very pleased with all aspects of her cruise, and said that the captain was hoping people would post all the positives to make up for the bad publicity the ship received during it's previous initial sailings.

Thank you for doing your "live" report and taking us along with you!

Edited by KeywestK

Looks like she's turned around and is going back down the Hudson.

I was watching the NY Harbor web cam and saw the same thing. Confused me. Maybe they will disembark the Passenger that had the Alpha call. So sad for sure!

Ken Rush, our Cruise director has suggested that for this Cruise we will have free unlimited wi-fi.

Ken Rush? What happened to Jimmy Rhodes? I thought Jimmy was the CD until at least Quantum leaves for China. Is Ken staying on or is Jimmy coming back? Anyway you can find out? Sailing in February and just curious. THANKS!

Ken Rush? What happened to Jimmy Rhodes? I thought Jimmy was the CD until at least Quantum leaves for China. Is Ken staying on or is Jimmy coming back? Anyway you can find out? Sailing in February and just curious. THANKS!

This was posted on the Current CD thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45358338&postcount=2413

Ken Rush boarded today . . . . Maybe Jimmy started his Holiday early !

Radio

;);)

Enjoy your cruise and all Quantum has to offer. :)

I'd love to see the "new" menus for the complimentary restaurants. I've heard there have been changes since we were onboard 11/23 and 12/1.

Sue, I will try to get a few. . .

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . We left at around 4:30PM and headed a little north up the Hudson River, just passed the Statue of Liberty. There were a lot of passengers out on the upper decks. Drinks were being served, and music was hopping. (DJ only)

It only took about 40 minutes for us to go up past the Statue and then turned around to head put to open seas.

Captain Gus showed us why we were altering the course for this sailing, and it makes a lot of sense. We will just have 3 days at seas instead of 2 ½ (We were scheduled at San Juan at 4PM) A short video was shown on TV that Captain Gus filmed excplaining the reasoning of the change.

Quantum will still call on St. Thomas on Tuesday as our first port. This will also be the first time that Quantum of the Seas has been to St. Thomas. I am sure it will be a festive atmosphere on Tuesday.

Here are a few pics from this afternoon. . .

Radio

Quantum of the Seas pulls away from the Pier slowly. . .

A20.JPG

My Cabin seems very large.

A22.JPG

I love the balcony too. . .

A23.JPG

The normal course for Quantum did not look good

A17.jpg

I think that the course selected makes sense

A16.jpg

We had out to open seas at we leave the harbor

A21.JPG

Edited by Radio