"LIVE" from Quantum of the Seas - Jan. 23, 2015

Radio

Let me know how DD works if you don't make ANY Reservations , walk up at 8 PM to a Restaurant and want to sit at a 10 top with others to meet new people. The nice part of Cruises in meeting new people and not having to think " where should I eat tonight".

Hello everyone, and Good morning. Welcome to DAY 1 of “LIVE” from Quantum of the Seas. Today is Cruise Day !

I woke up at “Radio Dark 30” this morning expecting it to be very cold, and I was right. I am chilled to the bone but I am not going to complain because I think the next several days may put a smile on my face.

I see that Quantum of the Seas has docked at Cape Liberty Cruise port, and I only have one thing to say to all passengers on board. “I hope you had a nice cruise, but it’s time for debarkation” I read though that around 22 passengers are doing a B2B. . . Wow ! A nice 12 night and 10 night Cruise. . .

I guess I will have to wait until I retire to have that much time for a cruise. . .

I will be leaving fir the pier around 9:30AM so I must make my final preps and load up to get moving. I read that the cabins open up for passengers around 1pm. Then all I need to do is get my “press room” set up. My next post should be from Quantum of the Seas before sail away !

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

;);)

Quantum of the Seas sailed under the Verrazano Bridge around 5:20AM

VB23.jpg

She approaches the pier slowly

MAP1.jpg

I created an overview of Cape Liberty

12B.jpg

My Itinerary

ITIN.jpg

Getting ready to follow along with you on the Quantum. I hope to finish this by the time I board the Grandeur on Feb. 3. What I miss, I will have to catch up on when we return. I really enjoy all your reviews. Thanks for taking the time from your vacation to do so.

We will be docked with the Quantum in St. Thomas on our cruise. Can't wait to see her in person.

Have a great cruise and hope you have good weather too.

Gwen :)

I'll be sailing along with you. Sailing along with you will make the wait for our April cruise on Quantum easier.

Eileen

Noticed your Avatar. I'm disappointed my favourite driver is retiring after this year!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Bon Voyage!

Although we have already sailed on the Quantum, as you have,

we are really looking forward to your updates on how she is doing now.

As we will be boarding her again in a couple of months, we are eager to see what changes have been made since December.

Can't wait to see and read your impressions.

Wishing you smooth seas and bright skies.

Hello everyone. . .

I arrived at the pier this morning right around 10:30 (I had to stop briefly at Stop and Shop for some supplies). I dropped off my luggage then parked my car. It was a very short walk to the passenger terminal. This is when I found out that there were still 1000 passengers waiting for transportation away from the pier. If I had to do this again, I would plan to arrive at the terminal about 30 minutes later. I boarded the ship right at 11:00 AM and I was consuming lunch in Café Two70 at 11:15.

My bags came to the room and I have unpacked all my stuff and set up the Official Radio Press room. While I am typing this post, Captain Gus has come on and suggested that due to the impending storm, we will be traveling at a very slow speed, closer to the coast, and will have to cancel our port call at San Juan. This is, of course, for the safety of all guests, crew and the ship. He said that we may have waves in excess of 15 feet, accompanied by high winds. Captain Gus also stated that people who may be prone to motion sickness should start taking medicine this evening.

Here are a few pics from this morning and my initial boarding. I will try to get more pics up later this evening. It's now almost time for Muster drill.

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

My first view of Quantum of the Seas

A2.JPG

Quantum of the Seas view from 911 Memorial Park (adjacent to Cape Liberty)

A3.JPG

A lot of sad faces (passenger debarkation from previous cruise)

A4.JPG

The water is a little cold. . .for now

A8.JPG

My cabin on Deck 8 (Standard balcony cabin)

A10.JPG

The view from my Balcony. . .

A12.JPG

Edited by Radio

Wow, a first hand review of Quantum of the Seas and its Radio; who is the best live reviewer I have seen. Question to the Master Radio; on one of your posts you show your itinerary and its from cruise charts; is this located on a separate website and can you download them or sign up for them; I would like to add them to my signature block. Thanks