"LIVE" from Quantum of the Seas - Jan. 23, 2015

Radio

Better to be safe than sorry! We hit a snow storm out of Baltimore on Pride last March. The ship was so rocky. Never have I ever been seasick before but I was that first night.

Enjoy St Thomas! For anyone visiting St John, there was a huge fire at Mongoose Junction today. Lots of damage so be careful if you decide to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Subscribed and ready to read along during your awesome cruise! So excited to hear all your takes on everything. I will be on with Chris and the gang in April. Excited to see all your wonderful pictures too. Off to a good start, you are doing a wonderful job.

Have a great cruise!!!!

Going to answer a few questions I read but didn't want to go through and try to "quote" lol.

Yes - they do sell cartons of cigarettes. If I remember correctly I saw a display on the esplanade near the liquor store/rccl store lol.

The standard balcony cabin has a desk/vanity area - it's just a table, no drawers in it (sadly). Next to it is a dresser though, so I stored all my hair/makeup dodads in there.

Jimmy left for his 2 month vacation but never fear, he'll be back.

Lastly - our sailing - the 1/3 sailing, was the 1st to get free wifi. So now it's 1/3, 1/11 and 1/23 so far that have received it. Crew has it too, which they are happy about. We loved it for keeping in touch with our group while on board. We'd post to our cruise facebook group where we'd be. Helped a lot.

Hope you guys don't suffer too much from the storm! The 1/3 sailing went through some bad weather too, the ship was pretty rocky for a night or three.

Oh - if the cabin door creaks/knocks - lube the rubber around it with shower gel. Trust me, it worked. We didn't figure it out until the next to last day though lol.

Yay!! Another live review from Radio. Subscribed. Nothing like a cup of coffee reading your review in the middle of a snowstorm. Can't get any better than this. I will be on the Quantum March 29. Can't wait to see her.

I was wondering will Captain Gus be there when we sail? I usually am on the Grandeur and he was the Captain on her. What a great guy. Thanks for your review Radio. Have a great cruise.

Yay!! Another live review from Radio. Subscribed. Nothing like a cup of coffee reading your review in the middle of a snowstorm. Can't get any better than this. I will be on the Quantum March 29. Can't wait to see her.

I was wondering will Captain Gus be there when we sail? I usually am on the Grandeur and he was the Captain on her. What a great guy. Thanks for your review Radio. Have a great cruise.

Hey, my husband and I are on the March 29th sailing too. Hopefully, by then the weather will be warmer.

Radio, somewhat of a personal question. What do you do that you can cruise so much (and your not retired)? We live in Silver Spring, MD.

GOOD MORNING!!!!..........Enjoying my cup of coffee and your recent post. Again the pictures are simply gorgeous, especially the Statue of Liberty view AND that Cabin of yours he he he....Will continue to read throughout the day. Have a great day :-)

I'm so excited for you. Love your cabin..looks quite spacious for a cruise cabin. And how neat that you see Statue of Liberty while in dock (I love NY!).

How did you get those pictures with the captain (?) and the ship course? At least they have a similar route to skip the bad weather.

Enjoy! Can't wait to see more.

I'm so excited for you. Love your cabin..looks quite spacious for a cruise cabin. And how neat that you see Statue of Liberty while in dock (I love NY!).

How did you get those pictures with the captain (?) and the ship course? At least they have a similar route to skip the bad weather.

Enjoy! Can't wait to see more.

He said it was a video that was broadcast on the TV. He then took a picture or 2 of the TV i believe.

Captain Gus is filling in for Captain Srecko Ban who is on vacation. Captain Gus is suppose to leave sometime in March then Captain Srecko Ban returns. Edited by roe2ship

Hello everyone. . .Good morning and Welcome to DAY 2 of “LIVE” from Quantum of the Seas.

I woke up very early today and wandered around a bit to see what was happening. I made my way down to the Diamond Lounge for a bit of caffeine stimulation. It was very nice and very fresh. It seems that the weather outside is very windy, rainy and the seas are very rough this morning. We are off the coast of the Eastern Shore of Virginia and heading south at about 12 knots. The decks outside have been closed to passengers; however, when I looked at the webcam of the pool deck, I happened to see a few passengers braving the elements.

There are a lot of activities today, most of which will be held inside. I plan on attending as many activities as I can today. The ship is really rocking and I think that many passengers will stay in their cabins for much of the day. I have a Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle gathering very soon which I will attend and I plan on watching a full length feature film in the Royal Theatre this afternoon.

Here are a few pics from this morning. There will be many more pics posted later.

Radio

The Diamond Club came in handy this morning

B2.JPG

La Patisserie was closed, but I have to get there later today. The items offered seemed tempting.

B4.JPG

The featured coffee is “We Proudly Serve” Starbucks

B9.JPG

I love this statue carved in wood. . .

B7.JPG

The seas are a little rough today

B5.JPG

Our current position

MAP2.jpg

Mark, thanks so much for the posts.

Starbucks in the Diamond Lounge. Nice.

Are you able to find out how many cruisers are sailing on your voyage.

Just curious......

Thanks

Safe journey

Starbucks was in La Patisserie. . . . I will try to find out the passenger count. . .

Radio

;);)

Hi Mark

I hope the seas don't stay too rough all day. Look for my friend Deb at the M&M today, her screen name is LUVS2WIN.

Love all the photos and will be following for sure. Enjoy your day!

Anne

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Appreciate all the pics and the excellent quality of them - keep them coming. If you have time please post a zoom in pic of the superior grand suite at the corner of the hump - you already have one from your balcony - was hoping for a closer shot. These are the wrap around balconies with the large circular windows on the part of the balcony that wraps around the corner of the hump (midship). Again - appreciate your time, comments and pictures. Hoping that you are soon out of the storm and have smooth sailing. Again - thanks!!