Suites, Spas and Signature Sailings - a Q & A with Celebrity!

Cruise Critic Chris

I would like to know the policy about inviting the guests. Currently we have several future bookings with one or two persons in a royal suite with one adult family member in the connecting concierge cabin to the royal suite.

I am fine with paying the suite dining upcharge for the one person in the concierge cabin, but only if we can do so for the entire sailing.

If they can only be invited once to the suite dining, then we will have to rebook two lower suites, or move the extra person into the royal suite.

Will the suite dining have offerings for those who are vegetarians different from the main dining room?

Will any of the suite dining offerings be available through room service?

We are looking forward to being on the inaugural roll out suite dining sailing on Constellation!

SNIP

Will any of the suite dining offerings be available through room service?

We are looking forward to being on the inaugural roll out suite dining sailing on Constellation!

Great question. I haven't seen covered anywhere, but certainly hope the answer is yes.

We're looking forward to the inaugural sailing on Summit, but somehow I think Reflection will have a soft opening first, but that is just a guess.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I love the idea that is on the we site that the menu for the suite dining room rotates and is not the same. But the concern obviously is you can't please everyone's tastes on every menu. We prefer to "peek" at the dinner menus ahead of time, and if the menu isn't our favorite, we sometimes book speciality those nights.

While the chef may have some flexibility on the menu, my question would be can we get the menu's for the next day and/or entire cruise so we can plan which nights to make plans with other people we are traveling with? Or could it be an option to always be able to order from MDR menu while in luminae? I know some people prefer the surprise aspect of the menus, but for us it is also keeping expectations in check.

Something else that would be great for breakfast would be fresh made waffles. One of the things from oceanview we always look forward to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I love the idea that is on the we site that the menu for the suite dining room rotates and is not the same. But the concern obviously is you can't please everyone's tastes on every menu. We prefer to "peek" at the dinner menus ahead of time, and if the menu isn't our favorite, we sometimes book speciality those nights.

While the chef may have some flexibility on the menu, my question would be can we get the menu's for the next day and/or entire cruise so we can plan which nights to make plans with other people we are traveling with? Or could it be an option to always be able to order from MDR menu while in luminae? I know some people prefer the surprise aspect of the menus, but for us it is also keeping expectations in check.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think getting menus the day before is OK, but at the same time, I hope they do some port provisiioning and add some nightly specials they won't know about until they are in port that day and see what is available. Now THAT would be great! We can hope this is what they mean by "Guests can immerse themselves in the local culture with specially crafted menus inspired by the local destination, and enjoy the world’s best ingredients."

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

Speaking to the issue of Suite guests inviting non suite guests to dine with them for a fee. I hope that as the new suite restaurant is rolled out that this issue will be closely monitored - I'd be very unhappy to find that the space is over crowded because people book one suite and then just pay for the rest of their group in non suite cabins to continually join them. IMHO it should be that you are allowed to invite guests only one time to avoid over crowding.

I would like to support Jane2357 on this point. For our first Celebrity cruise I have booked 2 senior suites to ensure all family members get the same perks. Would hate idea of others booking 1 suite but bringing lots of "guests" at every opportunity at a lot less cost. An observation from sailing NCL Haven. Each suite was limited to just 2 opportunities to invite none suite guests per cruise.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

I would like to support Jane2357 on this point. For our first Celebrity cruise I have booked 2 senior suites to ensure all family members get the same perks. Would hate idea of others booking 1 suite but bringing lots of "guests" at every opportunity at a lot less cost. An observation from sailing NCL Haven. Each suite was limited to just 2 opportunities to invite none suite guests per cruise.

I fully agree with you, even though I am one of the ones with a future suite booked with an adjoining concierge cabins for my children. We are doing this to allow everyone to have a bed and 2 full bathrooms. I tried to book a senior level suite (on Reflection) but was told they don't allow rollaways, so my youngest would have no where to sleep. This was disappointing and we ended up with the adjoining cabin option.

So I think the main issue with this is how they are rolling out the designations of dining room assignments. I've read that My DH and I will be automatically assigned to the suite dining room without the option to change to the MDR, ONLY upon arriving on board. Does this mean my children will be assigned separately in the MDR, just the 2 of them?? As a suite guest, I don't want to have to deal with the stress of running to the MDR immediately upon boarding to make sure I get to sit with my children at a decent dining table. I would be more than happy if I could have the MDR option ahead of time, or have the option to sit with my family of 4 in the suite dining room for the entire cruise (paying the up up charge, of course.)

If Celebrity can respond to this point, that would be great!

Edited by SunnyAJ

I fully agree with you, even though I am one of the ones with a future suite booked with an adjoining concierge cabins for my children. We are doing this to allow everyone to have a bed and 2 full bathrooms. I tried to book a senior level suite (on Reflection) but was told they don't allow rollaways, so my youngest would have no where to sleep. This was disappointing and we ended up with the adjoining cabin option...

I absolutely hear you on this policy of no rollaways which is just daft and will certainly inhibit any long lasting relationship between my family and Celebrity going forward. I too have been told no rollaways. We looked at various permutation of cabin and in the end it was just simpler to book identical cabins next door to each other.

We are a family of 5 spread across two suites. The bed in the bedroom does not divide and for several months have tried contacting Celebrity to find a solution. My party includes my MIL (85 years old) travelling with my niece in one suite. It is just not appropriate to expect my MIL to share a bed with niece. Niece will therefore sleep in sitting room but as it is a 14 night cruise and I do not feel a fold out sofabed is up to the mark. Last cruise was on Royal in a GS and son had sofabed and complained that it was uncomfortable even with an egg crate.

Dear Celebrity,

You really need to get your head around multi-generational and family travel. Most of your set up seems to be geared to couples travel. I know some CCs have the view that it should be an adult only line but in the UK you have been advertising extensively in the South East (we received a mail shot at home), Waitrose and John Lewis magazines and suggesting the line as an alternative to land base family holidays. It is really madness that the only 2 bedroom suite is on Reflection. Wished the Penthouse could be divided into a second bedroom on longer cruises. The space looked wonderful.

I fully agree with you, even though I am one of the ones with a future suite booked with an adjoining concierge cabins for my children. We are doing this to allow everyone to have a bed and 2 full bathrooms. I tried to book a senior level suite (on Reflection) but was told they don't allow rollaways, so my youngest would have no where to sleep. This was disappointing and we ended up with the adjoining cabin option.

So I think the main issue with this is how they are rolling out the designations of dining room assignments. I've read that My DH and I will be automatically assigned to the suite dining room without the option to change to the MDR, ONLY upon arriving on board. Does this mean my children will be assigned separately in the MDR, just the 2 of them?? As a suite guest, I don't want to have to deal with the stress of running to the MDR immediately upon boarding to make sure I get to sit with my children at a decent dining table. I would be more than happy if I could have the MDR option ahead of time, or have the option to sit with my family of 4 in the suite dining room for the entire cruise (paying the up up charge, of course.)

If Celebrity can respond to this point, that would be great!

Except that in a CS or above, it is pretty easy to handle with the Michael's Club concierge. For all intents and purposes, a week before your cruise, they can start managing requests like this with ease and in nearly every circumstance will inform you that you're all set in advance. If by some chance you do wait until you board, just have them deal with it again. There is absolutely no need to go to the maitre D, specialty restaurants, guest services, spa, etc to make appointments or reasonable special requests such as this. It is Celebrity's intention and their job to take all of this stress away and take care of matters for you. For non Michael's Club suites (sky suites) the butler can take care of it.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I got one question:

We are booked in a PH for a Panama canal cruise in november. We also have the adjoining sky suite for parents in law, so we have a suite with two bedrooms. This sky suite is dedicated to do exactly that.

Now the big difference is: would the parents be booked as 3rd and 4th person in PH they would get premium beverage package, unlimited speciality dining, etc.

But as they are technically booked in another suite without those privileges they do not get it.

Seems to me a bit unfair: you book an additional bedroom and spend more money than booking 4 persons into PH, but you get less.

Can you explain that to me so I can understand it?

Except that in a CS or above, it is pretty easy to handle with the Michael's Club concierge. For all intents and purposes, a week before your cruise, they can start managing requests like this with ease and in nearly every circumstance will inform you that you're all set in advance. If by some chance you do wait until you board, just have them deal with it again. There is absolutely no need to go to the maitre D, specialty restaurants, guest services, spa, etc to make appointments or reasonable special requests such as this. It is Celebrity's intention and their job to take all of this stress away and take care of matters for you. For non Michael's Club suites (sky suites) the butler can take care of it.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Perhaps I am a bit retentive but the week before I board doesn't work for me. Cruise was booked 15 months out and currently finalising tours even though so months to sailing. When you stay at a Four Seasons, requests can be made and sought soon after booking. We are sailing Cunard later in year after Celebrity sailing and already being asked if we have any requests.

I absolutely hear you on this policy of no rollaways which is just daft and will certainly inhibit any long lasting relationship between my family and Celebrity going forward. I too have been told no rollaways. We looked at various permutation of cabin and in the end it was just simpler to book identical cabins next door to each other.

We are a family of 5 spread across two suites. The bed in the bedroom does not divide and for several months have tried contacting Celebrity to find a solution. My party includes my MIL (85 years old) travelling with my niece in one suite. It is just not appropriate to expect my MIL to share a bed with niece. Niece will therefore sleep in sitting room but as it is a 14 night cruise and I do not feel a fold out sofabed is up to the mark. Last cruise was on Royal in a GS and son had sofabed and complained that it was uncomfortable even with an egg crate.

Dear Celebrity,

You really need to get your head around multi-generational and family travel. Most of your set up seems to be geared to couples travel. I know some CCs have the view that it should be an adult only line but in the UK you have been advertising extensively in the South East (we received a mail shot at home), Waitrose and John Lewis magazines and suggesting the line as an alternative to land base family holidays. It is really madness that the only 2 bedroom suite is on Reflection. Wished the Penthouse could be divided into a second bedroom on longer cruises. The space looked wonderful.

AGREED! I second that!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jenna - That would be okay if I could make my dining seating choice a week in advance (not preferable, but do-able.) However, from what I've read, it says:

While Suite Class guests cannot reserve a table in the Main restaurant pre-cruise, they may inquire about availability with the Main restaurant Maitre’D once onboard. While Suite Class guests will be given first priority for these type of requests, access to the Main restaurant will be subject to availability.

So it sounds to me like I won't be assigned to the MDR and my minor children will be. And then I have to wait until I board and if not available, I can't dine with my children? This is my concern.

I would have loved to book the Royal Suite and then possibly Michael's Club concierge would have reached out the week before, but couldn't because of the sleeping arrangements (no rollaway allowed.) So I will have to hope that my butler can take care of this, that it's even available, and then hope that we don't get put in a back corner because of the late arrangements. It's just not a relaxing situation to have to start a cruise with!

Hopefully Celebrity will have some comments to our concerns with these problems.

Edited by SunnyAJ

Hi Jenna - That would be okay if I could make my dining seating choice a week in advance (not preferable, but do-able.) However, from what I've read, it says:

While Suite Class guests cannot reserve a table in the Main restaurant pre-cruise, they may inquire about availability with the Main restaurant Maitre’D once onboard. While Suite Class guests will be given first priority for these type of requests, access to the Main restaurant will be subject to availability.

So it sounds to me like I won't be assigned to the MDR and my minor children will be. And then I have to wait until I board and if not available, I can't dine with my children? This is my concern.

I would have loved to book the Royal Suite and then possibly Michael's Club concierge would have reached out the week before, but couldn't because of the sleeping arrangements (no rollaway allowed.) So I will have to hope that my butler can take care of this, that it's even available, and then hope that we don't get put in a back corner because of the late arrangements. It's just not a relaxing situation to have to start a cruise with!

Hopefully Celebrity will have some comments to our concerns with these problems.

Celebrity would be well advised to listen to these types of questions and quickly establish a suite "hotline" to respond to concerns and questions about policies surrounding suite benefits...and to resolve some of the more illogical situations forced by "policy" well before the cruise...not one week before the cruise.

My question: When will there be a "hotline" or special email address set up for suite guests to use when considering or after booking a cruise?

A thought. How about after final payment a pack is sent out to applicable suite guests with for example drink options for in suite complimentary fridge and choices of vodka and scotch. Other requests could also be captured. This could then be returned with a closing date say no later than 5 days before cruise.

Another post on multi-generational groups and suite issues. Family of 4, son 19, daughter 18, along with disabled mother in late 70s. We are locked out from senior suites, as mother needs wheelchair accessible cabins. She stays with daughter and we have adjoining cabin. So for us, sky suites S2 are our only suite option. (I realise that my mother's S2 is CS size though). Which means that while we would love CS/RS/PHS we can't. That concierge service would be an absolute help for us arranging things which tend to be less than straightforward. A little discriminatory, but we should be grateful, I suppose, to be able to go on a cruise holiday.

So quick question here. With the roll out of suite benefits making suites more desirable and a greater demarcation between junior and senior suites, are there any plans to make at least one senior suite wheelchair accessible?

Thanks....

First, I would like to tell Celebrity the added perks for Suite guests is much appreciated. We have experienced Michael's Club and very much like it.

We also wonder if menu items that are not quite so fancy will be offered? A perfectly grilled steak or fish of high quality would certainly make us happy. Perhaps being able to order how we would like an entrée prepared?

We will next be traveling with children - all of us are in suites. Although I hope the children will experiment a little ---- will there be a children's menu offered just in case? (for the poster who has children staying in an adjoining room ---- I thought I read in a case like that, the children will join you in the suite dining room)

My son asks if he would be able to order something from the MDR menu - he has such favorites!

Thank you and wishing this roll-out goes smoothly for Celebrity. I'm sure it will.

Is it intended that the tables for 2 are on banquette type seating rather than individual tables for 2? If it is to be banquette seating will there be more space between the seats than shown in the rendering?

I'm wondering about the space between the tables for 2, also. My husband and I like to have some space and a bit of quiet at dinner. The rendering shows these tables to be very close together -- not exactly fostering a quiet, romantic mealtime, IMO.

We enjoy meeting our fellow cruisers, certainly, but dinner time isn't our time to do it. Hope this doesn't come across as being anti-social, I don't mean it that way.

Thanks for answering our questions!

I'm wondering about the space between the tables for 2, also. My husband and I like to have some space and a bit of quiet at dinner. The rendering shows these tables to be very close together -- not exactly fostering a quiet, romantic mealtime, IMO.

We enjoy meeting our fellow cruisers, certainly, but dinner time isn't our time to do it. Hope this doesn't come across as being anti-social, I don't mean it that way.

Thanks for answering our questions!

Well said. Our sentiments exactly.

A simple good evening and good night is all that one needs to engage in. We find often that we actually enjoy some limited interaction. We feel this way about enjoying light hearted banter when we are enjoying cocktails at the bars as well. Even in the elevator or hallways.

• Members

Thanks everyone! I've compiled all these questions and sent them to Celebrity. We'll get answers, even if they don't have time to take them all in the chat.

And of course, you can ask questions LIVE on Friday. Bookmark this link for the 11 a.m. chat!

We are on a back to back cruise 8th February and wondered when the concierge contacts passengers as we have never had anyone do this on our past cruises which have been in suites.Thanks.

If you are in a CS or above, the MC concierge should send you an email about a week before your first cruise.

Edited by C-Dragons