Passports....getting anxious

sarahruby

I hope this is the right board to post this. That said, I mailed passport applications for my husband and I on Jan 12th. So far there is no update as to if they've been received. :confused: I'm nervous b/c our birth certificates were mailed with the applications.

This morning, I read that they strongly encourage a large envelope and tracking when sending applications....of course, I find this info after I mail them.... ugh!!!!

I wouldn't even bother with the website, mine said it was still in processing when it arrived in my mailbox.

Don't fret!! When your passports are mailed back they will usually be sent Priority Mail and the birth certificates will follow a day or two later in a plain envelope. (I deliver them all the time).

I hope this is the right board to post this. That said, I mailed passport applications for my husband and I on Jan 12th. So far there is no update as to if they've been received. :confused: I'm nervous b/c our birth certificates were mailed with the applications.

This morning, I read that they strongly encourage a large envelope and tracking when sending applications....of course, I find this info after I mail them.... ugh!!!!

If you used certified mail, you have a tracking number on the stamped slip you were given. Then you can ID when it was delivered into their mail box.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wouldn't even bother with the website, mine said it was still in processing when it arrived in my mailbox.

Don't fret!! When your passports are mailed back they will usually be sent Priority Mail and the birth certificates will follow a day or two later in a plain envelope. (I deliver them all the time).

If you pay an extra $15 they are sent back priority mail with tracking, otherwise it's first class mail (at least that's how I am reading their website).